Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

To me, NCAA men's basketball is just a few steps up from what I consider to be the worst sport in the history of the world: women's basketball. I do enjoy the passion and I love watching the occasional stud absolutely dominate vastly inferior competition, but overall I finding it pretty eh.

I think one of the big problems with the NBA is that the season is just too damn long. There are waaaay too many meaningless games and it takes waaaay too long to get to the passion of the real basketball that is played in the playoffs.

Thank you. the NCAA is so ****in boring. People claim it to be good buts so bad. guys cant make open shots, set proper picks, and cant even run any plans.

Question: How would you all better the in-game experience in the 400 section?

I wrote Ted an email about Blatche a couple of weeks back and I had added something about how it sucks to watch the little parachute burritos fall on the lower levels from the upper level. Then last week, out of no where, I got an email from some VP of something at the Verizon Center about how they want to change the 400 section, how studies have shown that success there is the future of the business (or something) and if I had any suggestions for what they should do. I thought about asking her about a consulting fee first, but I figured I'd give some advice since that's normally where I'm sitting when I'm not stumbling onto free tickets from somewhere.

I can't really think of much though. Nothing that I'm sure that they haven't already thought of. More concession people walking around. More free ****, obviously. Don't shoot a thousand t-shirts into the 100's and then have some stray guy throw three up into the 400's. And there are a lot of kids up there (with their dads, probably for their first game) so do something for them since that's the next generation of Wiz fans. I also think they should send Gheorghe up there (I'm 99% sure he's at every game as I see him almost every time I go) to sign some autographs and stuff. The people would get a kick out of that. Or whatever other ex-players are around.

Anything else?

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

I honestly don't know what they can do to make the 400 levels more enjoyable. I think they are pretty fair value for the price you pay lol. Maybe perhaps lowering the prices on non student nights. I mean no one really goes to games on Monday's, Tuesday's and Thursday's. Make the upper level $15 on non student nights and $10 on student nights (the price they were for the last few years).

Game so far in Dallas, everyone is playing good except Blatche who is 1-7. I hate this guy.

Edited by No Excuses

400 levels can be improved by having a flat fee instead of tier pricing as well. like football endzone and sidelines are different prices. cheaper pricing on food, drinks and apparel.

---------- Post added January-31st-2011 at 09:25 PM ----------

ian mahamai another guy the spurs will regret letting go

Edited by skinfan2k

Yeah Blatche is driving me crazy, at first I thought you all were overreacting, but the more I watch him the more I understand.

---------- Post added January-31st-2011 at 09:34 PM ----------

At least were rebounding tonight.

---------- Post added January-31st-2011 at 09:35 PM ----------

WHAT A PLAY BY YOUNG!!!!!!!!! wow

---------- Post added January-31st-2011 at 09:40 PM ----------

I don't know who I hate more, Hinrich or Blatche, they both ALWAYS want to be the hero of the team and ALWAYS fail. Really wish both of them would go.

I'll say it again

This team has the combined basketball IQ of a pile of horse****

And why does Ernie still have employment???

He not only oversees a perennially ****** team but his draft record surpasses Vinny in it's ineptitude

---------- Post added January-31st-2011 at 11:12 PM ----------

I don't know what sucks more chode, this team or the NBA refs.

It doesn't matter

Crappy teams just have to stomach crappy calls

It's the NBA

I don't expect us to get calls like other teams, but I expect when the damn ball goes over the backboard that the whistle is blown, not refs looking at each other cause they were too busy counting their money they made from fixing other games.

I know...but honestly I'm completely numb to this team

They could easily be one of those surprise teams but they are all mentally f***** up

I wanted to believe that they have a bright future...in fact I argued their outlook was Better than the skins but damn...man

DC is simply unable to have serious, competent sports teams

I know...but honestly I'm completely numb to this team

They could easily be one of those surprise teams but they are all mentally f***** up

I wanted to believe that they have a bright future...in fact I argued their outlook was Better than the skins but damn...man

DC is simply unable to have serious, competent sports teams

I agree entirely. The team seems to just give up 99% of the time the second they get a 10 point deficit, I don't understand it. They make free throw shooting seem like being the hardest shots to take. They all just do their own thing. I don't know, I'm not the best person when it comes to basketball, I'll admit that, the NBA has always been my least favorite sport because of the officiating, but I see a lot of talent in our guys, however they don't play.

I only saw the last minute of the game and that missed Kidd 3 definitely went over the top of the backboard. Bull**** I say.

We would've lost anyway though. This team is so horrid. We can't draft a good player to save our lives (I have a bad feeling about Wall) nor can we sign a good big man. Championship in 2022.