Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Well yeah, I meant quicks. On that one move Durant made Booker look silly. Granted, Durant can make 99.99% of the NBA look silly. Again it's no fault of Booker's, he played great, it just wasn't a good matchup.

It's okay to constructively criticize Wall, or anyone. Wall does need to work on his jump shot. But to say he only gets assists because guys make contested jumpers is a little silly. One of the reasons(probably the biggest)that Nick Young is having such a great year is because he's finally got an excellent pass first PG in Wall who can put him in a position to score baskets. Has Wall gotten assists because guys he passes to happen to hit a tough shot? I'm sure he has. But how many times have we seen him drive and dish to a guy who's wide open only to see him brick it? In the end it balances out and the stats don't lie.

Compare Wall's #s this year to Derrick Rose's rookie #s and it's a very favorable comparison. Rose averaged almost 2 more points, 1 fewer turnover and 7% better shooting FG%. Wall has 3 more assists and 1 more steal. Only big difference really is that Wall has missed some games while Rose played 81 his rookie year, but that's more the fault of our god awful medical staff which we all know is the worst in pro sports. Everything else stat wise is basically identical.

Edited by Warhead36

Wall is setting records as a rookie. Fourth fastest in NBA history to get a triple double. First rookie to have 9 or more assists in 10 straight games. Only Wall and Oscar Robertson had 7 or more assists in the first six games of their careers.

Of course, he's got **** to work on. He's 20 and a rookie. Hell Rondo has been in the league for a minute now and still can't shoot for ****. It'll come for Wall though. Anyone who has been disappointed in him is either a) not been paying attention or B) went into the season with absolutely unreal expectations.

I wasn't sure about Wall. I didn't get a chance to watch much of the college season last year so I didn't get a real good look at him. All I knew was that he was the better prospect than Evan Turner (which has quickly turned undoubtedly true). I became a believer fast though. The home opener this year is a step below Strasburg's debut on my list of awesome sports events I've attended. Dude is legit. We are set at the PG position for the next 10 years. Now we just need to surround him with quality players.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Warhead: I agree. Wall is a great talent. I would love nothing more than to see a strong young nucleus sans Blatche to grow here. Lets just hope the draft helps replace him.

G.A.C.O.L.B: Wall hasnt had a triple double since. It was impressive, but he still hasnt done it since. I do love the fact that his assist ratio is so high. Im not disappointed in wall. Im disappointed in Flip, 0-22, Blatche, and the stupid ass colors ( thankfuly they will be gone soon. hopefully the name soon after). Rondo is in an entirely different situation. Hes got 4 HOF playing around him. He doesnt really have to shoot at all. I mean Pierce is playing the best he has played in years, Ray Allen spent a night with a vampire, and KG is still dominant when healthy.

Well to be fair, he missed a lot of action.

And you're preaching to the choir about Blatche. I'm a founding member of the Blatche is a Loser Party. Also no need to get upset about Flip. He's on borrowed time. The real question is who will replace him. (I still pray Spoelstra is run out of Miami and we pick him up.)

Oh and when Rondo has had to shoot (see the last game against us) he has failed time and time again. I've always been a believer that anyone can develop a shot if they work hard enough at it. Rondo has me rethinking that whole concept.

I think that he (Spoelstra) will stay in Miami because of the injuries.

I said from the jump one injury and that team is in trouble.

They have to find a PG, they have to just get some depth.

Yeah you're probably right. But Spoelstra is forever one huge Lebron-tempter tantrum away from being fired so who knows.

And my dream is that the Heat dominate when healthy but are never healthy at the right time and end up with no rings. I think that would be hilarious. The historical epitome of should've and could've.

I don't see them winning the East.

And the injuries will be the reason, it will save his job...next thing you know guys will be signing up for min salaries faced with the possiblity of never winning a ring.

Same as Payton and Malone did a few years back.

Edited by Kosher Ham

I thought Flip was supposed to be a great offensive mind? I don't think we run and offense. All isolation and one-on-one. Even until yesterday, I thought Flip deserved more time. But it hit me. Flip's awful. Wall's being wasted in the "offense."

Blatche is pathetic. Booker looked good. At the end of games like that is where we miss Gilbert big time. For all his troubles, he still could hit the big shot.

I may seem like a Wall basher but really I am not I am a huge fan, it's just frustrating watching him bring the ball down court and pass it nick young or blatche right away and never touch the ball again. That may be by design of Flips garbage system, but I am sure Wall has the greenlight too create more but he doesn't. Wall has the ability too be a superstar and I don't want him settling for racking up assist when half of them are plays were guys are making tough shots.

When I say I am a huge Wall fan meaning that knowing how weak this team is I root for him too get his numbers and have a great game and could careless about winning. Same with McGee I think he has so much potential as well.

Wall next season he needs too build more strength not bulk up but look at Westbrook and rose those guys are tanks and can't be pushed around, Wall his bigger than both buys and weighs more but gets pushed around. One other thing is Wall needs find a consistent jump shot some guys he has great lift on his shot other times it seems like his release is the slowest in the league.

Those are things that will come with time but Wall needs too have that fire that I am better than you mentality earlier you saw that the first few games then it's like he got star struck and gives guys too much respect. Rose first year even though statistically not better than Wall you saw that. Wall has the ability too be a GAME CHANGER superstar ability.

derrick rose just had his first triple double a few weeks ago, guys. Wall had it in his first few starts!

Derrick Rose also took over a much better team than Wall did. The only comparable player on the rookie Rose Bulls and rookie Wall Wizards is Nick Young, who is sort of like Ben Gordon.

Just some perspective:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1∑=1&p1=walljo01&y1=2011&p2=rosede01&y2=2009&p3=westbru01&y3=2009&p4=paulch01&y4=2006

I'm damn close to deciding to not watch any games until Blatche is gone. He makes me physically ill and ruins entire games for me.

---------- Post added January-29th-2011 at 09:41 PM ----------

Btw, Al Thornton is like a less-lazy, more-retarded version of Blatche. Just a bum. And if we get a decent deal, we need to dump Hinrich and stick with Shakur. Hinrich is just there. Nothing good happens with him on the floor. Shakur makes or at least tries to make things happen. Shame he's out tonight.

Dudes, I just tried to watch, they are bad, I have never been a fan of the NBA, the only way 90 percent of the NBA or the Wizards become competitive/interesting again is if they get rid of 40 percent of the teams.

College ball is 1000 times better than the effortless garbage the NBA puts up night to night.

Dudes, I just tried to watch, they are bad, I have never been a fan of the NBA, the only way 90 percent of the NBA or the Wizards become competitive/interesting again is if they get rid of 40 percent of the teams.

College ball is 1000 times better than the effortless garbage the NBA puts up night to night.

Yes, we know the Wiz suck. I'm glad you like college basketball. But I'm a Wizards fan so I will watch. And if I waited for them to be good before watching i'd just be another bandwagon tool. The ****ty lifetime walk through the desert makes the promised land that much better.

Painful watching a Blatche/Yi front line.

I was like 2 seconds away from posting something about this during the game.

I'm not a fan of college ball other than the thrill of the tourny.. and only then because I greatly prefer single elimination to horribly long series play. A lot of emotion with horrible ball skills and a refusal to play perimeter defense most of the time is what I see in the college game. It's a cascade of amazingly open shots taken by players that can't create their own opportunities. Edited by Destino

Jesus, I love the wizards but the nba is a ****ization of basketball. They created bull**** rules to market the league better like illegal defense, complete bs, and defensive 3seconds. It is specifically designed so they can market individuals.

I love college bball because of the emotion and Passion and actual team basketball. Yea the quality is not the same of previous eras, but the Passion is why I love sports.

Seriously, like the NBA is a shell of its former self but NCAA is so sloppy and all about 3 point shooting often.

To me, NCAA men's basketball is just a few steps up from what I consider to be the worst sport in the history of the world: women's basketball. I do enjoy the passion and I love watching the occasional stud absolutely dominate vastly inferior competition, but overall I finding it pretty eh.

I think one of the big problems with the NBA is that the season is just too damn long. There are waaaay too many meaningless games and it takes waaaay too long to get to the passion of the real basketball that is played in the playoffs.