Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

What you mean haters are going too hate? I have been a wizard/bullets fan my whole life. Y cheap shots talk about the post agree or disagree stop being an ass hole.

---------- Post added January-28th-2011 at 11:36 PM ----------

By the way CP3 and Rose will be stars

Rose wouldn't pass the ball up every possession down and not touch it again, less talent he would try too dominate even more. CP3 would create more and make his average team mates better. Wall is going too be a great player he is now but this system is garbage and he's not being the man as of this point.

Edited by SiCkSoULjA

:jerk::jerk::jerk::jerk::jerk:

Haters are always going to hate. What a pointless and pathetic post. Both CP3 & D-Rose would be average in this offensive scheme (with the current starting 4). Would you have rather drafted Pape Sy?? :doh:

C'mon now. Give the new gen Wiz a chance. :point2sky

P.S. An IPhone does NOT excuse uneducated grammar & sentence formation. ;)

Im not sure why wizards fans are so hostile to people who criticize john wall. Everything the guy posted is true, only he left out Wall's pathetic defense. I think he will get much better at pg with experience. You can already see him breaking down defenses a little better than earlier in the season. But he has a long way to go before he is in a guy like westbrook's league. I just hope he gets there.

Im not sure what you are reading. No one said that he isnt improving.

Orly? Where in my post did I say that you guys are saying he's not improving?

But the overreaction to his struggles is laughable. I'm not sure what you guys expected from a rookie PG who is 1 year removed form high school prom. He's been given the keys to a struggling franchise and a pathetic roster yet some of you expect him to not struggle at all.

this offense is pg friendly what kind of joke is that? Wall as a rookie is avg almost 10 assists. not alot of people do that. do you see his supporting cast!

They have an excuse for why he averages nearly 10 assists too. "Because he finds shooters who makes shots". :ols::ols::ols:

"Most of his assist is from them making there shots which more than half the time don't be open" :doh:

Edited by No Excuses

Stat wise yes he has great stats but this offense is set up too were its point guard friendly, and its not about stats. BTW Walls defense on Westbrook in OT has been great!!

I agree, his defense in ot has been the best ive seen all season from him.

Vishal: im not going to argue over this. The overreaction to people who point out the negatives as well as the positives is tiring.

Tough game to lose. As Joe Gibbs would say we fought our guts out. But at the end of the day, they have two legitimate superstars in Durant and Westbrook who carried them.

Didn't really understand why we put Booker on Durant, he's not nearly quick or athletic enough. I would have put Lewis or even Thornton on Durant. Still, Booker played great. Every team needs the physical, tough guy up front and that's what Booker can be for us.

Wall's shots weren't falling but he got another 10 assist game. Once he gets the J down he'll be unguardable. He got lit up by Westbrook but Westy is an all-star, it happens.

Young with another 25 point game. Him and Wall give us an awesome backcourt for the future.

Durant is so much better than LeBron. It's not even close.

I love Durant, and i cant think of anyone else i hate in sports more than Lebron. But Lebron is the best in the game. I was reading a bill simmons column about aging players and the "change" that they all go through at some point. Heres what he said about Lebron:

1. LeBron James passed 16,000 points a few weeks ago. It took him fewer than 600 games.

2. Barring injury and a prolonged lockout, by the end of his 10th season (2012-13), LeBron should be sitting at 22,000 points.

3. If LeBron plays the next seven and a half seasons 85 percent as well as he played the previous seven and a half seasons, he'll be sitting at 30,000 points, 7,500 assists and 7,500 rebounds ... and he'll be 33 years old. A few months older than Kobe right now.

Thats incredible.

Most teams in the league will live with the way the wizards are playing and live with Wall getting his assist when most of those assist are on contested shots which is low percentage (nick young fade aways with guys all over him or Blatche shooting at the top of the key or his thousand dribbles). What teams do not want is Wall effectively breaking down the defense and getting his shooters open shots or getting to the line

On Wall, he's a rookie learning the most difficult position on the court after one year of college. Look around the league at other point guards in their first season. They all are slower to success.

This season doesn't matter. It's an extended training camp and everyone in the organization knew and admitted as much. The wizards are going to rebuild and get young. Get used to frustration because next year won't be all that much better. In two seasons hopefully we've got a base lacking a few pieces to compete. I for one am in full support of this transition. We've already seen progress at center with McGee becoming a better pro. Booker looks like scrapper that teams need. Wall is showing his potential.

Be patient the ownership has a plan.

Be patient the ownership has a plan.

In the NBA, it's not about a plan. It's about being fortunate enough to get the superstar via the draft.

Not sure why anyone wants us to win. NBA championships are won by lucking into the best talent.

The Wizards have a long way to go.

Nobody wins in the NBA because of a plan. Nobody.

Didn't really understand why we put Booker on Durant, he's not nearly quick or athletic enough. I would have put Lewis or even Thornton on Durant. Still, Booker played great. Every team needs the physical, tough guy up front and that's what Booker can be for us.

Not sure how quick he is laterally, but straight line speed, Booker is the fastest player on the team. That includes John Wall. Beast game for him tonight. (I really think Grunfeld nailed this past draft with Booker and Seraphin.)

Are people actually criticizing John Wall? Hahahahaha. Get the **** out of here.