Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I see we picked up where we left off.

---------- Post added January-25th-2011 at 08:55 PM ----------

I swear. I have only seen this game starting from the half, and i have counted 3 cross over turn overs by blatche. 3!! Damnit, cut his ass, or atleast bench him for pulling that ****.

We gave up too many threes tonight. I swear they had like 15 on us, I know the one guy had 8 or so alone. Typical Wizards defense. Anyone else ever notice the second we get to a 10 point deficit we pretty much give up? We never seem to overcome it.

I see we picked up where we left off.

---------- Post added January-25th-2011 at 08:55 PM ----------

I swear. I have only seen this game starting from the half' date=' and i have counted 3 cross over turn overs by blatche. 3!! Damnit, cut his ass, or atleast bench him for pulling that ****.[/quote']

Anyone else catch Kenyon Martin screaming at Blatche and talking **** to him? About halfway through the 1st. I guess the Verizon Center was empty (shocker) and the Comcast microphones picked it up clear as day.

Ouch.

http://www.nbadraft.net/nba-draft-stock-watch-1

Falling

Harrison Barnes 6-8 215 SF UNC Fr.

Barnes has fallen considerably from his early season perch as the top-overall pick. He has not found a comfort zone and appears to be thinking too much instead of just reacting and playing instinctually. He's shown the ability to step up his play late in games, knocking down a game winner against Miami and hitting some clutch shots in prior games. However, his inability to put together consistent 40 minutes and struggling to stand out is a real concern.

The consensus is that Barnes is no longer considered a lottery pick for this year's draft. "If he didn't have the reputation coming in, I'm not sure I would have even taken notes on him," said one scout.

Another scout mentioned that they felt at some point they could see things finally coming together for him and he'll gain that confidence and comfort in taking over and playing to his ability. But the general feeling is that he wasn't just in a slump early on and it was more of him being overrated coming into college.

"Maybe that's just what he is," said one scout. "A player who blends but doesn't necessarily stand out".

In his defense, he's been playing with a below-average PG Larry Drew most of the year and plays extremely unselfishly, always moving the ball and never really looking to use the dribble to create for himself. But for a player some had touted as the preseason National Player of the Year, 11.8 ppg on 37-percent shooting is a major disappointment. He's still projected as a lottery pick for 2012, but he's got a long ways to go.

They've now got Sullinger as their #1 though :)

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

i hope we end up with Sullinger. his upside isn't as high as Perry Jones, but there's almost 0 chance he ends up as a bust

That's exactly what they say at the link above. Also that he's basically a more athletic Kevin Love without the bad knees. I still love Terrence Jones but I'm starting to sway toward Sullinger. Esp if it means Blatche is done here.

Vishal I got two non-Wiz related dreams this season:

1) The Heat are swept and embarrassed at some point in the playoffs and the Big Three turn on each other as a result. As well as Spoelstra getting fired.

2) The Cavs set records for ****tiness and still don't win the lottery

Vishal I got two non-Wiz related dreams this season:

1) The Heat are swept and embarrassed at some point in the playoffs and the Big Three turn on each other as a result. As well as Spoelstra getting fired.

2) The Cavs set records for ****tiness and still don't win the lottery

I could see both happening. If Miami is tossed out in the first two rounds, I think Spoelstra gets fired. I think if Miami gets embarrassed in the ECF, he will get fired as well. IMO the only way I can see him keeping his job next year is if Miami wins the NBA championship, loses in Game 7 of ECF or loses in the NBA Finals.

Spurs game in 2 weeks? we are doing it!

I'm game. Day and date works perfect for me.

at half time I called Blatche coming out and sucking big time. he has 3 early folks so obviously he was going to try too hard to make up for lost timeand suck it up. I told my bro he would go 1-7 in the quarter. right now he is 1-3 and one cross over behind the back turn over. I can only hope he foul out first.

I hate too say it but John Wall is just an average player in this offense. His stats are good but if you sit down and watch the way this offense is run all he has too make is one read. We have 2 plays

Wall brings the ball down court and pass the ball too Nick who is coming off a screen.

Play 2 Wall comes down court and pass the ball too Blatch at the top of the key.

Most of his assist is from them making there shots which more than half the time don't be open. Wall rarely breaks down the defense and leave his team with easy shots. Wall is amazing on the fast break, defense has been getting beat like a drum for the last month.

Most of everything is I am sure by design of the offense but Wall needs too take it among himself and be more aggressive

I am typing from iPhone please excuse all the errors

:jerk::jerk::jerk::jerk::jerk:

Haters are always going to hate. What a pointless and pathetic post. Both CP3 & D-Rose would be average in this offensive scheme (with the current starting 4). Would you have rather drafted Pape Sy?? :doh:

C'mon now. Give the new gen Wiz a chance. :point2sky

P.S. An IPhone does NOT excuse uneducated grammar & sentence formation. ;)

I hate too say it but John Wall is just an average player in this offense. His stats are good but if you sit down and watch the way this offense is run all he has too make is one read. We have 2 plays

Wall brings the ball down court and pass the ball too Nick who is coming off a screen.

Play 2 Wall comes down court and pass the ball too Blatch at the top of the key.

Most of his assist is from them making there shots which more than half the time don't be open. Wall rarely breaks down the defense and leave his team with easy shots. Wall is amazing on the fast break, defense has been getting beat like a drum for the last month.

Most of everything is I am sure by design of the offense but Wall needs too take it among himself and be more aggressive

I am typing from iPhone please excuse all the errors