Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Remember when the Delonte West and Al Jefferson led Celtics used to come to town? You had to look hard for Celtics fans in the crowd.

Friggin losers. I hope all the bandwagon fans had fun paying over priced tickets to watch their team lose to a lottery bound team. My friend sold his club level tickets that he got free from work for $150 to a bunch of C's fans. I hope they had fan.

Celtics fans don't even have a message board. That's pathetic.

The team is on borrowed time too. KG, Allen and even Pierce aren't getting any younger. They have one, maybe two runs left in them. And I agree with you, I don't think Rondo is all that. Not someone who can showcase a franchise.

I actually dislike Garnett much more than I do Lebron.

Implausible. For me anyway.

Lebron and KG are different. Lebron is a spoiled douche. KG is an *******. They both fail as human beings though.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

I love when people try to argue KG vs Duncan. It is such a joke how much better duncan is than KG

As a person and as a player.

KG might not have gotten in trouble of the court but his demeanor on the court is totally embarrassing. Barks non stop on the court, trying to make fun of an athlete with a skin disorder by using cancer as a joke and then back pedaling, sucker punching teammates in practice.

LeBron will always be #1 on my **** list but KG isn't too far.

---------- Post added January-22nd-2011 at 10:03 PM ----------

On a side note; we're undefeated with Mustafa Shakur on the team. Just sayin...

HUGE win tonight, was so happy seeing this happen. Can\\\'t stand everyone in the area that can\\\'t support the home team, really boils my blood to say the least. John Wall with the two clutch shots, though his turnover at the end did scare me a lot.

Skin\'Em I\'m having no trouble here.

Edited by B55Green

Hot Damn!!!

Boy if it doesn't look like we won that Arenas--Lewis trade. Dare I say it? Was McD5 right all along? At least about us coming out on top in that deal.

I dunno about that. Didnt orlando rip off like 8-9 straight after the trade. We havent even won that many since the trade.

Terps beat Clemson and the Caps beat the Leafs 4-1. Ovie with a hat trick or Ovechtrick!!!

I scored a trifecta today.

Caps win, GMU wins, and Wiz win :wavetowel

Thanks to my coworker for the free club-level ticket :D

SOME THOUGHTS

-We made only 1 three-pointer (Wall's CLUTCH one) and lead less than 2:12 of the entire game (using NBA.com's play-by-play), but a GREAT win.

-Too much Green

-We beat Boston!

fnz8fo.jpg

---------- Post added January-22nd-2011 at 10:58 PM ----------

This game reminded me a LOT of that Game 6 vs. Chicago in, I think, 2005? Trailed nearly the whole game until near the end.

So i dont see a correlation between game 6 and this one. But it is nice to see washington win.
:silly: I'm just saying the way we trailed until near the end.

---------- Post added January-22nd-2011 at 11:06 PM ----------

Oh yeah, who is this Shakur dude?

I agree with McQueen. I thought it was a lateral move at best the time it was made. But I think Lewis is a better player. Or is at least a better fit.

I would agree that Rashard has been a better fit for this team. Absolutely. Plays much better defense, and can play gritty. Things that Gil couldnt do. But that being said, it hasnt resulted in many more wins.

Hinrich hurt his elbow on a pass the other night. Looked like he hyperextended the thing.

The Wizards(and Caps)are both bandwagon teams. When the Wiz were making the playoffs every year you couldn't find anything but Wizards blue and white in the stands. I still remember those awesome playoff series vs. Chicago and Cleveland. Hell even against Miami when we got swept, the phone booth was absolutely rocking.

And really it's the same way in Boston. We're talking about the same city where fans chanted MVP for KOBE BRYANT the year before the offseason where they landed KG and Allen.

The Gilbert deal was done purely to take a year off of our time in salary cap prison. I don't really care which is the better player being that both are clearly over paid. One is off the books sooner and that's all I need. Arenas is done as a star in the NBA and this team is in full rebuilding mode. Anything to clear the way for the long term plan of the best owner in DC sports is good with me.

The Gilbert deal was done purely to take a year off of our time in salary cap prison. I don't really care which is the better player being that both are clearly over paid. One is off the books sooner and that's all I need. Arenas is done as a star in the NBA and this team is in full rebuilding mode. Anything to clear the way for the long term plan of the best owner in DC sports is good with me.

Winner, Winner!

But dude is 100% right....the Shard/Gil trade wasn't about wins and losses....

It was also about a fresh start. We can't completely move on from the Arenas era when Arenas is still on the team. And Shard actually has played really well. I'm still holding on to hope that we can deal him to a contender at the deadline for some prospects/picks/cap relief.

I think last night was a preview of days to come from Javale and John. When they put it all together in a few seasons and get a strong supporting cast to help them out, we're going to be a really tough team to beat. We've already come so far from where we were at the beginning of the season. Beating the Celtics in a back to back? Especially after falling so flat the night before. No way we would have won that game two months ago.

This draft is going to be extremely important because I think it's going to be our final shot at a top 5 pick with this core. We need to get a strong contributing forward or a superstar 2 guard. I don't see any clean 2s at the top end in this class except for Alec Burks. On websites I see him being compared to Eddie Jones and Evan Turner. That's not exactly what I'm looking for to usurp Nick Young's job.

I've seen mock drafts having us take Enes Kanter but I don't really like that pick. I don't like what I've read about his knees and I think his career longevity might be suspect. We need to get this pick right and Kanter is way too hit or miss for my comfort level.

The players I want the most are Jared Sullinger, Harrison Barnes, and Perry Jones. Barnes would be a smooth fit and a talent upgrade at the 3 and give us one of the most talented and versatile backcourts in the conference. Perry Jones would give us another freak athlete to run the floor with Wall and McGee. But Sullinger is the player I want the most and he brings something radically different to our team. He's a true scrapper and I think he's got the ability to become a Kevin Love presence in the front court. He'd be the strongest player on our team and he's got a polished offensive game with a full array of post skills. He's got a high basketball IQ and a huge motor, and he'd be our top offensive weapon and give us the ability to grind out a half court game. I think he'd be the perfect compliment to McGee's athleticism and above the rim defense. He'd give us each night what Andray Blatche gives us what, once every 10-15 games?

Sullinger is a top 4 or 5 pick though, so we have to pick early to get him. I really hope that Irving and Barnes both come out early, because if they do, those two plus Derrick Williams and Perry Jones are probably your top four and will push Sullinger down a bit. If we don't get Sullinger, Trey Thompkins is probably your next best bet for acquiring that type of player.

I really hope we can trade Blatche this year. I'd deal him for a bad contract and a first round pick. We can afford a bad contract with our pay scale and total inability to sign attractive free agents. What else are we going to do with the cap space? Then, even if the first round pick is a fairly late one, we stand to draft a good player because this is a deep class. nbadraft.net's mock has Brandon Knight slipping all of the way to 19. C.J. Leslie and Jan Vessley at 20 and 21. They have Josh Selby all of the way at 24! How sweet would it be to draft Sullinger and then get Selby or Knight later in the class to backup Wall and play off the ball when Nick Young needs a breather. Or you could go small and quick at 1-3 and play each of them at the same time. It'd be a defensive liability but they'd be very dangerous on offense.

---------- Post added January-23rd-2011 at 10:43 AM ----------

It was also about a fresh start. We can't completely move on from the Arenas era when Arenas is still on the team. And Shard actually has played really well. I'm still holding on to hope that we can deal him to a contender at the deadline for some prospects/picks/cap relief.

That'd be nice. I really want us to pick up another first this year or next, even if it were to come towards the end of the round. But he's been a good influence on our team it seems. It also wouldn't be the end of the world to keep him until his contract plays out because he gives us good production from the wing and can play PF too.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

I think last night was a preview of days to come from Javale and John. When they put it all together in a few seasons and get a strong supporting cast to help them out, we're going to be a really tough team to beat. We've already come so far from where we were at the beginning of the season. Beating the Celtics in a back to back? Especially after falling so flat the night before. No way we would have won that game two months ago.

This draft is going to be extremely important because I think it's going to be our final shot at a top 5 pick with this core. We need to get a strong contributing forward or a superstar 2 guard. I don't see any clean 2s at the top end in this class except for Alec Burks. On websites I see him being compared to Eddie Jones and Evan Turner. That's not exactly what I'm looking for to usurp Nick Young's job.

I've seen mock drafts having us take Enes Kanter but I don't really like that pick. I don't like what I've read about his knees and I think his career longevity might be suspect. We need to get this pick right and Kanter is way too hit or miss for my comfort level.

The players I want the most are Jared Sullinger, Harrison Barnes, and Perry Jones. Barnes would be a smooth fit and a talent upgrade at the 3 and give us one of the most talented and versatile backcourts in the conference. Perry Jones would give us another freak athlete to run the floor with Wall and McGee. But Sullinger is the player I want the most and he brings something radically different to our team. He's a true scrapper and I think he's got the ability to become a Kevin Love presence in the front court. He'd be the strongest player on our team and he's got a polished offensive game with a full array of post skills. He's got a high basketball IQ and a huge motor, and he'd be our top offensive weapon and give us the ability to grind out a half court game. I think he'd be the perfect compliment to McGee's athleticism and above the rim defense. He'd give us each night what Andray Blatche gives us what, once every 10-15 games?

Sullinger is a top 4 or 5 pick though, so we have to pick early to get him. I really hope that Irving and Barnes both come out early, because if they do, those two plus Derrick Williams and Perry Jones are probably your top four and will push Sullinger down a bit. If we don't get Sullinger, Trey Thompkins is probably your next best bet for acquiring that type of player.

I really hope we can trade Blatche this year. I'd deal him for a bad contract and a first round pick. We can afford a bad contract with our pay scale and total inability to sign attractive free agents. What else are we going to do with the cap space? Then, even if the first round pick is a fairly late one, we stand to draft a good player because this is a deep class. nbadraft.net's mock has Brandon Knight slipping all of the way to 19. C.J. Leslie and Jan Vessley at 20 and 21. They have Josh Selby all of the way at 24! How sweet would it be to draft Sullinger and then get Selby or Knight later in the class to backup Wall and play off the ball when Nick Young needs a breather. Or you could go small and quick at 1-3 and play each of them at the same time. It'd be a defensive liability but they'd be very dangerous on offense.

---------- Post added January-23rd-2011 at 10:43 AM ----------

That'd be nice. I really want us to pick up another first this year or next, even if it were to come towards the end of the round. But he's been a good influence on our team it seems. It also wouldn't be the end of the world to keep him until his contract plays out because he gives us good production from the wing and can play PF too.

I think Sullinger is the perfect fit.

I'm resigning NY1 and if I was Ernie I'd do it right now he can be had slightly cheaper signed during the season. NY has improved his defense and these last few weeks has been rebounding and dishing the ball. His shooting % for a 2 guard is outstanding he has been able to postup, shoot the 3, dribble drive he is becoming a borderline all star quickly.

Blatche is a black hole alot of times but still is only 24 years old with a great skillset. I would'nt give up on him till after next season when he has a full offseason without injuries unless I got fair market value. Blatche is on a very good cheap contract and does'nt need to be moved for garbage or expirings.