Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Thats what I like to see JW! 19 and 15 assists. I love it. keep that **** up man. 7 turnovers is too many, but Ill give him a pass tonight since he played so well. Great win wizards. Is this our first winning streak? Oh and by the way, Nick Young is still playing like a beast.

Mother****...just got out of class, listening to the post-game show on 106.7. Sounds like I missed a GREAT game. All the callers are saying it was the best game of the year. Oh well.

Anyway, Saturday March 12, Wizards vs the Clippers. Wall vs Griffin. That's my big money work day but **** it. That's the one chance to see Griffin. Anyone down to go? Vishal I know we talked about it at the Pacers game. You still down?

Mother****...just got out of class, listening to the post-game show on 106.7. Sounds like I missed a GREAT game. All the callers are saying it was the best game of the year. Oh well.

Anyway, Saturday March 12, Wizards vs the Clippers. Wall vs Griffin. That's my big money work day but **** it. That's the one chance to see Griffin. Anyone down to go? Vishal I know we talked about it at the Pacers game. You still down?

Oh yeah, most definitely. We should start looking for tickets soon, probably try to get some upper level center courts for this one.

The game today was awesome and really showed what this team can do if they play up to their capabilities. Wall hit on his outside shot which opened the game up for everyone else. They started respecting our pick and rolls and Wall was able to get in the paint and dish it out to open shooters.

Young continues to shoot at high efficiency. His rebounding and assist rate is going up as well. Like I’ve been saying, him and Wall will be absolutely dynamic in the coming years. Nick is averaging 22 points, 3 rebounds and 3 assists over the last 11 games and in the month of January. His game today was extremely impressive. He was in Raja Bells head all game long. Bell left the game very frustrated, he could do nothing to stop Nick from getting his shots.

Even Blatche, if he would play like this on a consistent basis, we would be competitive. About time his lazy ass gave some effort. He won his matchup against Milsap on both ends.

One last thing, I’m starting to like Rashard Lewis. He’s not flashy but he does a lot of good things very quietly. Decent rebounder, takes high efficiency shots, VERY good passer and is not that bad of a defender. He is still waaay overpaid but whatever, good skill player to have on this team. Your boy is not so bad afterall McD5.

Three wins in the last four games. Woot!

Griffin is awesome. I remember how bummed we were around here when the Bullets didn't get the 1st last year.

As far as today, early afternoon NBA was a nice change of pace.

The good

-Nick Young - He basically stopped the bleeding so they could hang on for the win.

-John Wall minus those damn turnovers - He's slowing down when he should and going fast when the D doesn't expect it. Nice little double-double

- Blatche - double-double also. Show some nice strength and moves today

The Bad

Kirk Hinrich - He just didn't do much for the min he was getting.

Al Thorton - Just seems to be regressing under Flip

Flip Saunders - He just looks so absent and divorced from this team. I think his time is about up.

The Ugly

Javale McGee - Did ok but not enough blocks and not enough points

Rashard Lewis - Have a few nice plays but hasn't gelled with these guys enough.

What? On what planet is that a good policy?

At 20, Wall has lots of pressure and he says he's not only OK with getting texts from his coach, he welcomes it, and he's even appreciating their nagging him about his composure.

"I get a fine every time I pout or show frustration on the court. I don't want to lose that money."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=310117027

I dont like this. It answers alot of questions as to why there is no excitement from almost anyone on the team.

This is no big deal. Many teams around the league have "fines" for this kind of stupid stuff, one being the Lakers. These fines are no more than 10-50 dollars. It's been a common concept in the NBA for some time now.

---------- Post added January-17th-2011 at 08:40 PM ----------

Griffin is awesome. I remember how bummed we were around here when the Bullets didn't get the 1st last year.

As far as today, early afternoon NBA was a nice change of pace.

The good

-Nick Young - He basically stopped the bleeding so they could hang on for the win.

-John Wall minus those damn turnovers - He's slowing down when he should and going fast when the D doesn't expect it. Nice little double-double

- Blatche - double-double also. Show some nice strength and moves today

The Bad

Kirk Hinrich - He just didn't do much for the min he was getting.

Al Thorton - Just seems to be regressing under Flip

Flip Saunders - He just looks so absent and divorced from this team. I think his time is about up.

The Ugly

No offense but some of what you said in this makes no sense. McGee had a decent game and held his own against a really good Utah front court. Not enough points? The guy is the last offensive option on the floor at each and every time. He grabbed six rebounds in the last six minutes of the game against a strong Utah front line. Since when is 7 points, 11 rebounds, 1 block, 2 assists in 23 minutes of play "Ugly". He also lead the team in +/- with +15.

Rashard Lewis scored about 10-12 points in the third quarter. He was instrumental in building up that 2nd half lead that we never surrendered. We were 6-18 before acquiring him and are 6-9 with him, winning 4 of our last 6 games. He had 13 points and 8 rebounds on the game. We've been a better team with him ever since he's come to town.

Edited by No Excuses

The Ugly

Disagree vehemently with these points. Javale was an integral part in allowing us to win the game. He played very smart and grabbed some clutch rebounds in the 4th.

Statistically Lewis didn't have the best game, but he's a huge part of our very solid defense and his smart play does seem to be rubbing off on the starting 5.

Well so much for the thought that the franchise was fining Wall unfairly.

Wall had urged Saunders to be harder on him two weeks ago, asking him to keep pushing him to get better, because, "I want to be a great point guard." He even asked to receive fines whenever he starts to pout, sulk or show frustration during games.

"It ain't too much," Wall said of the fines, "but it's enough to keep my pockets empty. I don't want to lose that money."

Wall didn't have that problem on Monday afternoon as the Wizards won their fourth straight at home. He was too excited.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/17/AR2011011702790.html?hpid=topnews

Edited by No Excuses

Got a free NBA package preview from DirecTv...watching tonight.

John Wall is great on the fast break. He is finding open teammates with ease. In the half court game though I don't see him breaking his defender that often.

Kevin Seraphin showed me a little something around the basket. And Yi Jianlian has a nce shot.

We might even get a road win! I'll check in later.