Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Also what happened to the "nothing but a catastrophic John Wall injury can bring me down this year" attitude?

I'm still here. And still feel the same. I want Blatche gone but other than that, I'll enjoy the wins when they come and stay patient. I've waited long enough (like my whole life long), so what's another 2 or 3 years of suck?

This is a "now, now, NOW" world we live in these days so some are gonna freak. See Stadium, The.

On a sidenote, I think it's fascinating we have a winning record at home and winless on the road. I wonder why that is. It's not like homecourt advantage is something relevant like in the NFL. Or that we even have an advantage with all 2000 people at the games.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

On a sidenote, I think it's fascinating we have a winning record at home and winless on the road. I wonder why that is. It's not like homecourt advantage is something relevant like in the NFL. Or that we even have an advantage with all 2000 people at the games.

This team just plays more comfortably when they're at home. Playing in a comfort zone lets you play well until it gets to crunch time, and we all see what happens to this team in crunch time. They make every dumb mistake in the book. I honestly believe that this team is too young and doesn't have the BBIQ needed to finish off a game on the road with the pressure of an entire building wanting them to lose.

What now? Nick Young isn't a starter?

Also what happened to the "nothing but a catastrophic John Wall injury can bring me down this year" attitude? We won this game fellas.

Nick Young had a GREAT game...but I wasn't the only one who noticed that he wanted that 40 points more than the win....

Nick Young is what he is....a good starter on a bad team. I still stand by the fact that I'd like to see him be a 6th man, but that will NEVER be in the cards for the Wizards.

Yup Wall needs to pick up his defensive game. He got thoroughly embarrassed by a D-league graduate on the game tying shot last night. Udrih was having his way as well.

He's been letting his man blow by him too easily. He's shown much better defense than this earlier in the season.

We were up by 4 with five minutes left and lost by 12 lol. Young teams are supposed to be bad at closing games out but this is just becoming comical. It's like every player on this team decides to go full retard to close out the game.

never_go_full_retard1.jpg

McGee played 17 minutes and Yi played 26, with a lot of them at C paired next to Lewis at PF. Bravo Flip, no better way to tank than put out such garbage on the floor.

Edited by No Excuses

His in-game coaching is awful. These young players are regressing under him. He's not putting them in a position to win.

To be fair, the players aren't helping him a lot either.

Ultimately, it comes down to the GM. Celtics fans were ready to drive Doc Rivers out of town and now he's loved by everyone.

Ernie has done a really bad job for quite some time now. His best team peaked around 45 wins and some would say even that was over achievement (it was not, Arenas was just that damn good).

Before firing Flip, I'd fire Grunfeld. The new coach should be a reflection of the new GM's identity. I don't want another Grunfeld/Eddie Jordan situation where the GM didn't pick the coach and both had ideological differences throughout their tenures.

I'm getting excited about this upcoming draft. With no clear consensus #1, I think anywhere in the top 5 is going to get us a real high-caliber prospect. Whether it be one of the Jones', Sullinger or even Kanter. (I still prefer Terrence Jones but--as of now--I'll be happy with any of those 4.)

Oh and I pray Lucas Nogueira comes out this year and slips to us in the top of the 2nd. I'd kill for a Brazilian player on this team (for marital harmony.) I doubt it though :(

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

I'm getting excited about this upcoming draft. With no clear consensus #1, I think anywhere in the top 5 is going to get us a real high-caliber prospect. Whether it be one of the Jones', Sullinger or even Kanter. (I still prefer Terrence Jones but--as of now--I'll be happy with any of those 4.)

Oh and I pray Lucas Nogueira comes out this year and slips to us in the top of the 2nd. I'd kill for a Brazilian player on this team (for marital harmony.) I doubt it though :(

yeah as long as we're in the top 5 we should be able to find an impact player, this draft is pretty deep at the top

I still think the best possible situation for us would be getting the 2nd or 3rd overall pick and have the team at 4 or 5 trading with us so they can get Kyrie Irving (unless of course we fall in love with a guy at 2 or 3 and don't want to take the chance he won't be there)