Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'd love to get AJ back in return. If the team needs a few vets while they are rebuilding, at least make 'em ones we like.

No thank you to Jamison...no need to bring in guys who were part of the old core. Jamison was frustrated with what was going on here in DC, so I don't see why it makes any sense to bring him back. If we could get a mulligan, letting go of James Singleton was one of the biggest mistake made. I wish we could have him back here in DC. That's the type of vet we need here...no Jamison.

No thank you to Jamison...no need to bring in guys who were part of the old core. Jamison was frustrated with what was going on here in DC, so I don't see why it makes any sense to bring him back. If we could get a mulligan, letting go of James Singleton was one of the biggest mistake made. I wish we could have him back here in DC. That's the type of vet we need here...no Jamison.
Yeah I'm surprised they didn't make more of an effort to resign a hustle / energy guy off the bench like that. We traded Haywood and Caron for an injured Josh Howard.

Grunfield you are killing me!

PJ, I know it's not saying much but this team is one 3 game winning streak from being back in the race for the 8th playoff spot. :ols: :doh:

But we are currently 15th in the conference. We have some winnable games coming up in the next 4 games, but I think we go 2-2 or 1-3. Face it, it's going to take another offseason in the lottery (top 3) to get this team to .500. I didn't hold my breath this year for them. The only excitment this team brings me is changing back to R, W & B unis and the possibility of going back to the Bullets name. Only team besides the expansion Bobcats, to not have a 50 win season since 1978. Pathetic.

But we are currently 15th in the conference. We have some winnable games coming up in the next 4 games, but I think we go 2-2 or 1-3. Face it, it's going to take another offseason in the lottery (top 3) to get this team to .500. I didn't hold my breath this year for them. The only excitment this team brings me is changing back to R, W & B unis and the possibility of going back to the Bullets name. Only team besides the expansion Bobcats, to not have a 50 win season since 1978. Pathetic.

Not disagreeing. Making the playoffs this year under any circumstance is a long term disaster for this team.

I've somewhat (but not completely) soured on Blatche but there isn't one player on Cleveland that I'd trade him for.

Not one.....

I wouldn't mind Varejao. Hate the guy with a great deal of passion but he's a scrappy veteran who will help our rebounding and give us a good defender.

Christian Eyenga is another player. They've been raving about him on many hoops websites. He's apparently the Cavs second best prospect behind JJ Hickson. I doubt Cleveland gives him up for Blatche but who knows.

The biggest thing I'm afraid of is that his value drops so much that instead of us being the team that sells high, we'll be the ones getting bent over if his current play continues.

This pos team needs to be blown up. All of it.

And no disrespect intended, truly. But a NHL guy coming into bball? That's a joke.

The coach needs to go. Young is good. Rashard is a star. Wall can play when healthy.

The rest? Blow it up.

Full disclosure I am a Knicks fan, but I do watch a lot of Wizards games and have always followed them when I could. I just have one thing I do not get. Why did anyone ever think Blatche should be on this team. To me he seems like the definition of a coach killer. Every time I see him he is playing outside of the offense and just doing his own thing, even some times taking the ball up court and shooting a 20 footer only to clank it off the back of the rim. I really think they should have gotten rid of him in the off season when his stock was at its peak and I see him being a locker room cancer.

And no disrespect intended, truly. But a NHL guy coming into bball? That's a joke.

The coach needs to go. Young is good. Rashard is a star. Wall can play when healthy.

The rest? Blow it up.

Well technically he wanted to buy the team before he bought the caps. Buying the caps was the next best thing, if i remember correctly.

---------- Post added January-5th-2011 at 11:04 PM ----------

Honest question here... Cant we just bench blatche. I mean really. Is it that hard to just keep him off the court.

Also...How does a team get rid of antawn jamison, caron butler, desean stevenson, and gilbert arenas, and STILL suck at defense, STILL take ill-advised shots, and STILL play like individuals. Im baffled.

The rest? Blow it up.

a) The Wiz know they are rebuilding.

B) Leonsis wanted the Wiz before he bought the Capitals and regardless he's owned the team less than a year so what does that have to do with anything?

c) Rashard is not a star. He's a very good player but not a star. Wall is the best player on this team.

:ols:

He isn't an NHL guy. He just happened to own the team.

Thanks for playing.

Please don't drink and drive.

Well technically he wanted to buy the team before he bought the caps. Buying the caps was the next best thing' date=' if i remember correctly.[/quote']

I'm a closet Wiz fan, now because of Rashard.

I've see some bad teams.....really bad for 30 years in DC, and many in Orlando.

This crap needs to be blown up. All of it.

How the coach has a job--I have no idea. I could rant for pages. But to those good Wiz fans who think things are getting better? They aren't.

Blow this crap up asap.

McD5, they blew it up. They have an extremely young roster most of which is not at all part of the future. The future is yet to be drafted.

What do you call trading Butler, Arenas, Jamison and Haywood? Not blowing it up?

No sticks. And I mean this with all respect. I was 20. living in DC. I had just seen the glory years of the Bullets. Elvin. Wes Unseld. The good days.

This **** needs to be blown up. Sky high.

Can anyone justify the HC having a job right now? Seriously?

Can you name one thing this coach brings to this team? Get him the **** out of town.

No sticks. And I mean this with all respect. I was 20. living in DC. I had just seen the glory years of the Bullets. Elvin. Wes Unseld. The good days.

This **** needs to be blown up. Sky high.

Can anyone justify the HC having a job right now? Seriously?

Can you name one thing this coach brings to this team? Get him the **** out of town.

You were 20 and the glory days were a decade before that in the late 70's.

We all agree Flip needs to go ASAP. But as far as the roster is concerned, are you implying that they think they aren't in rebuilding mode? They traded away four cornerstones of the franchise in less than two years. The only person who is guaranteed to be a part of the future is Wall. Blatche, doubt it, Howard, no, Thornton, doubt it etc.

We are at the early stages of a rebuild. What more do you want them to do? They are going to have to have several years of smart drafting.

Edited by Sticksboi05