Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Any chance we get the #1 pick again? also are there any dominant Centers comming out, too early in the season for me to follow college bball closely

Enes Kanter is probably the best center that will be available, even though he's not in playing for kentucky. I've only seen very limited film of him but the different scouting reports i've read make him out to be someone who's worth a serious look

At this rate we're a virtual lock for top 5 pick, its a draft heavy on sg/sf, but no clear cut obvious choice for who should go #1 overall

Edited by StillUnknown

No sticks. And I mean this with all respect. I was 20. living in DC. I had just seen the glory years of the Bullets. Elvin. Wes Unseld. The good days.

This **** needs to be blown up. Sky high.

Can anyone justify the HC having a job right now? Seriously?

Can you name one thing this coach brings to this team? Get him the **** out of town.

Don't drink and drive. Or make stock predictions.

I have watched this team since they won their championship THIRTY years ago. Not sure how you try to call me out.

Basketball as a TEAM sport is a JOKE. It's all about who gets the best player. The lottery is a JOKE too.

Coaching has less to do w/regards to success in the NBA than any other sport. Shipping Flip out of town wont make the Wizards a better team. You know that, I know that, Michael Wilbon knows that. In the NBA, franchises are built on the top 3 or 4 players in all of the NBA. Everyone else is out of luck.

The reality behind the horrendous state of this franchise clears up more and more after every game. This team in its current state is absolutely terrible.

A lot of work needs to be done. IMO besides Wall, Young and McGee, we don't have any reliable players. I think Booker and Seraphin will eventually be guys who can provide good back up minutes.

Blatche needs to be traded. Not only is he bad on the court, but his lifestyle of the court can do some great damage to a lot of young players on this team. I know there are people who afraid of another Webber like situation, but Blatche doesn't have an ounce of talent that C-Web had. Blatche is a ****ing pansy.

We need to nail it with our upcoming lottery pick. If we bust on this pick, we are screwed for another few years.

Ted has a lot of image cleaning to do to make this team attractive to free agents.

Sometimes it's exciting to watch a young team develop, but I don't see a whole lot of development going on right now. Everything has hit stalemate, the players aren't responding and the talent isn't producing. This is always a sign that the coaching staff in place isn't doing its job. I still don't think Flip is a bad coach, but I think the players have quit on him and that he has quit on them. I don't think Ernie will fire him. Ernie has always been a low risk, wait and see kind of a GM. He has never done the ballsy thing, only the safe thing.

Edited by No Excuses

Watching The Wiz collapse on the road again last night was painful. Really nice game from Lewis last night. I know this isn't saying much but probably his best as a Wizard.

Has Blatche even heard of help defense? Seriously I know he is incapable of providing it but is he even familiar of the concept?

Is Yi on this team?

I was wondering why Flop was not giving Howard more playing time toward the end of the game 'til I read his knee flared up again.

Edited by Rocky21

Coaching has less to do w/regards to success in the NBA than any other sport. Shipping Flip out of town wont make the Wizards a better team. You know that, I know that, Michael Wilbon knows that. In the NBA, franchises are built on the top 3 or 4 players in all of the NBA. Everyone else is out of luck.

Not necessarily. The Pistons won the championship, and no one on that roster was a top 5 player in the NBA. The celtics won the championship, and no one on that roster was top 5 (maybe KG or Pierce if you want), the spurs won the championship and no one on that roster was top 5 (you could make a case for Duncan). You need a team to win, not just one superstar player.

Honestly tho, I think getting Flip out of here would make a difference. He was known for his defense, and apparently the Wizards dont even know what defense is, or the fact that they need to play it for all 4 quarters.

Edited by Shabby

Not necessarily. The Pistons won the championship, and no one on that roster was a top 5 player in the NBA. The celtics won the championship, and no one on that roster was top 5 (maybe KG or Pierce if you want), the spurs won the championship and no one on that roster was top 5 (you could make a case for Duncan). You need a team to win, not just one superstar player.

The Pistons are the only "Team" to win a championship. Every team (including the Celtics and Spurs) has a superstar on the team. Garnett-Pierce, Duncan-Robinson-Parker, Shaq-Kobe, Kobe, Jordan-Pippen, Olajuwan-Horry-Smith, Bird-McHale, Magic-Worthy-Kareem, Thomas-Dumars, ect. etc.. Every team in the last 30 years has had 1 superstar and a sidekick or a flat out superstar.

Edited by pjfootballer

Tim Duncan isn't a top 5 player? This has got to be one of the stupidest things I've ever read. :ols:

Even the Pistons, they might not have had a top 5 player overall in the NBA, but they had elite players at every position except SF. Billups, Hamilton, Sheed and Ben Wallace were all top 5 or at worst top 10 players at their positions. That is very rare in the modern NBA to have four dominant players at four starting positions.

Edited by No Excuses

Tim Duncan isn't a top 5 player? This has got to be one of the stupidest things I've ever read. :ols:

Where did you read that....? I simply said you could make the case for him. Since im a lebron fan i guess you read it differently. :ols:

Edited by Shabby

Where did you read that....? I simply said you could make the case for him. Since im a lebron fan i guess you read it differently. :ols:

"Make the case for him"? That again makes no sense at all. :ols:

You don't make a case for the best player of the decade. To even consider him a questionable top 5 selection is retarded. At worst, he is the third best player of this decade.

Edited by No Excuses

"Make the case for him"? That again makes no sense at all. :ols:

You don't make a case for the best player of the decade. To even consider him a questionable top 5 selection is retarded. At worst, he is the third best player of this decade.

Oh so you still top 5 right now because was the best player or 3rd best player of the decade? If your judging by what they used to be in the passed, then you better have shaq in your top 5 players in the nba today :ols:

Edited by Shabby

Don't drink and drive. Or make stock predictions.

I have watched this team since they won their championship THIRTY years ago. Not sure how you try to call me out.

Basketball as a TEAM sport is a JOKE. It's all about who gets the best player. The lottery is a JOKE too.

I agree with this 100%. I used to watch NBA in the days of Jordan but quickly lost interest after he left. The games appeared like pick-up games at times. The lack of defense, organization, and communication. Coupled with star players just doing their own thing while the team just feeds them the ball. The NBA has put measures in place so that they can market Star players and not teams.

**** like defensive 3 seconds and illegal defense is so ****ing bogus. The NBA would become so much tougher if teams could play a zone. It would increase the competition levels and make teams far better than they are now because they would have to work together. College Basketball is so much better to watch then the NBA but the NBA has the best players so it produces more amazing plays than College.

College Basketball is so much better to watch then the NBA but the NBA has the best players so it produces more amazing plays than College.

Absolutely agree. College Basketball is much better to watch. And when March Madness rolls around, there is nothing comparable.

Oh so you still top 5 right now because was the best player or 3rd best player of the decade? If your judging by what they used to be in the passed, then you better have shaq in your top 5 players in the nba today :ols:

For all the English fail in the post, I'll try my best to respond to whatever I could understand.

I never suggested that Tim Duncan is a top 5 player CURRENTLY. I was responding to your idiot notion that he wasn't one (or that it was debatable) that he was a top 5 player in the period between 2000 and 2010.

Tim Duncan without any question is a top 5 player of the 2000's and arguably the best player of that decade. For anyone who disagrees with this should not bother posting in this thread.

Sorry for the typos. I guess youre not a complete retard and were able to understand the point of my post.

Back to what you said. You never said he wasn't a top 5 player currently?

Now since you seem to be the English professor around here... you said isn't. Now I always thought that, that word was present tense, and the past tense would be wasn't. Its not like I made that up, I quoted one of your posts.

So basically what I was trying to get at before with the whole shaq reference, you shouldnt rank players in todays NBA based on what they used to be.

Edited by Shabby

Sorry for the typos. I guess youre not a complete retard and were able to understand the point of my post.

Back to what you said. You never said he wasn't a top 5 player currently?

Now since you seem to be the English professor around here... you said isn't. Now I always thought that, that word was present tense, and the past tense would be wasn't. Its not like I made that up, I quoted one of your posts.

So basically what I was trying to get at before with the whole shaq reference, you shouldnt rank players in todays NBA based on what they used to be.

Genius, if you could understand context, you would know what I was talking about.. You referenced to Duncan not being a top 5 player in the championship, which is what I responded to.

But of course, feel free to deflect your own stupidity and continue to bend and twist my words rather than staying on topic. You got called out on your **** and you had no response besides going completely off topic. :ols:

Edited by No Excuses

Genius, if you could understand context, you would know what I was talking about.. You referenced to Duncan not being a top 5 player in the championship, which is what I responded to.

But of course, feel free to deflect your own stupidity and continue to bend and twist my words rather than staying on topic. You got called out on your **** and you had no response besides going completely off topic. :ols:

Haha your talking about my stupidity and me being called out yet you contradict your own thoughts. Twist your words? No dude, i just quoted your own post!! Your the one twisting words saying i said TD wasnt a top 5 player. I dont see how i went off topic, I was simply responding to your post? :ols: What's so hard to understand about that? Seriously. But yeah, after learning that you like to flip flop ideas you lost all credibility with me.

Back to the topic.

If you look at all the teams in the NBA, the good teams usually have a good scorer and a good big man. The great teams have some role players.

Chicago- Derrick Rose, Carlos Boozer

Boston- Allen/Pirece, KG

Lakers- Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol

Mavs- Terry/Butler, Dirk

Spurs- Manu, TD

Miami- LBJ/Dwade, Bosh

Orlando- (now) Arenas, Howard

Utah- D-will, Jefferson

(Once OKC gets a decent big man, they will be a truly dominant team)

Right now, the Wizards have John Wall, and a bunch of role players. John Wall is more of a pure point guard in my opinion then the PGs drafted in the past few drafts. We need a pure scorer, and I think we have that in Josh Howard. If you remember, the previous three seasons, including last season before he was injured, he was averaging close to 20 points a game. If he gets back to full health, i think he will be able to do that again. What we need to look for now is a true dominant big man. Blatche is not the answer.

On a side note, What are some of the good big men in College Basketball right now?

Edited by Shabby

What makes me angry the most is that I know they can play like this every game

i don't think they're capable of that every game

what we saw in the 1st quarter is a result of the wizards playing at an extremely high level, and the nets helping us out by playing at a low level

we won't always have a willing partner :ols:

Honestly tho, I think getting Flip out of here would make a difference. He was known for his defense, and apparently the Wizards dont even know what defense is, or the fact that they need to play it for all 4 quarters.

The Pistons were the only team to beat the system.

You don't think Duncan was a top 5 player during his run????

And the Celtic's were loaded with top talent.

The Lakers have 16 championships, the Celtics 17 Championships.

In the 60 some years of championships, the Lakers and Celtics have appeared 49 times. Jordan made his mark and brought 6 championships to the Bulls.

It's not a team sport, it's a star sport. Teams with the stars win it 99% of the time. Less the most recent Detroit win :)