Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Nick can't be resigned during the season now. The deadline for that was October 31. He'll be a restricted FA so we'll extend him the qualifying offer. If a team gives him a long term contract, we'll have the chance to match it within 7 days and keep him.

I want to keep him. There is no doubt in my mind that next year he will average 20 points, 4 rebounds and 3-4 assists with high shooting percentages. Couple that with his excellent defense and that is an all star caliber player.

Last night was another encouraging game from Seraphin. He's slowly starting to put it together. Him and McGee can be a really good 1-2 punch at the center position.

Our draft pick will most likely be a SF or PF which is why I feel we should field trade offers for Trevor Booker. I highly doubt he's getting PT next year.

Edited by No Excuses

No love for Terrence Jones McQueen? I see him and I see a man. At only 19. He's just a beast with a well rounded game to go along with it. I had some questions about his explosiveness but he really brought it this last game against South Carolina with a couple of absolutely sick dunks.

As far as re-signing NY, do any of you all think he'll have a Blatche-like regression once he gets paid? This season could be fools gold from the guy....if he is re-signed, I hope it's for a moderate deal...something could be easily moved if he proves that this year was an anomaly.

As far as re-signing NY, do any of you all think he'll have a Blatche-like regression once he gets paid? This season could be fools gold from the guy....if he is re-signed, I hope it's for a moderate deal...something could be easily moved if he proves that this year was an anomaly.

I feel what's you're saying and understand the fear. But with that said, I can't exactly ponpoint why but I don't get the same vibe from NY that I do from Blatche. I think Blatche is Blatche. He hasn't really grown as a person or a player. I mean we've been having the same damn discussions about him for 5 years now.

On the otherhand, I think NY has been stepping up over the years and just waiting fir an opportunity. I strongly believe that Gilbert was a bad influence on the youngsters. On Blatche, McGee, Young and McGuire--before he was traded. As they've gotten older and matured, they've kind of gotten away from all of that. And there was also a good side to Gilbert. It was unfortunately overshadowed by his antics but Arenas was a VERY hard worker. I think that also rubbed off on them (eventually). All of them them EXCEPT Blatche. All have grown except Blatche. He is who he is.

Plus I think you see a passion on the floor from NY that you don't see from Blatche. And you've never heard NY ***** and moan to the media like Blatche does. Never been arrested like Blatche. Never been fat and out of shape like Blatche.

I'm weary about the whole "contract year" thing but I think NY has two things that Blatche severly lacks: pride and passion. Give him a deal similar to what Blatche got last year. That would be perfect.

The one I actually have the most questions about is Javale. I really don't know what to make of him. Some nights I think he'll be a top 5-10 center. Other nights I think he'll be out of the league in 5 years. I think his mom is a horrible influence on him in ways and don't see how he gets away from that.

(Sorry for the typos and uneveness of my post. Typed on cell phone in car.)

I get the same vibe from Nick as well. More so, he's actually spent time developing his game. He came into the league as a really athletic guy who had no idea what to do on the court. Into his fourth year, he's now one of the best three point shooters in the game, one of the best catch and shoot players and a really good defender. He's also been steadily improving his assists and rebounds and this month in 11 games he's up to 4 rebounds and 3 assists a game.

Blatche has been inefficient his whole career but just had the chance to pad his stats last year with increased minutes. I thought with added responsibility he would step it up this year but he's back to being the partying loser he's always been. He's more concerned with the lifestyle of an NBA player than actually being good.

I'm fairly confident about Javale turning out good as well, that is if he ever gets the mental aspect of the game. He has a motor that you can't teach. I don't see effort being a problem with him but he needs to stop playing so dumb. The good thing is that he's at least gotten better in the IQ department each year. He was a historically bad defender his rookie season, now he's just average.

Hey I just got two tickets in the "Player's Club" suite for Wednesday's game vs the Nuggets. I'm waiting to hear back from my brother about going but I seriously doubt he can/will go. Anyone interested in riding with me? Vishal? BraveOAW? ACW? skinfan2k? Anyone?

This is too tempting to turn down. I have class on Tuesday from 6:10 to 7:25 but I'll just show up for half n hour and leave lol. If your brother can't go, I'm in.

watching this poor guy in his f'd up Uni last night was painful. Bad enough is still says Wizards across the front (I've read that while they won't change the team name when they do the colors next year. They might put Washington across the chest).

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/

shakurjersey4.jpg

Poor 'Staf, but it's good to see him in the NBA (especially being an Arizona alum). He was supposed to be the next great PG out of Arizona (Bear Down!), but he never really put it all together in his 4 years there. I remember him being in the D-League All Star Game last season. Hopefully he gets a better jersey and gets some more run here in DC.

No love for Terrence Jones McQueen? I see him and I see a man. At only 19. He's just a beast with a well rounded game to go along with it. I had some questions about his explosiveness but he really brought it this last game against South Carolina with a couple of absolutely sick dunks.

Completely forgot about him. Yeah I know what you mean about explosiveness. You don't really see him catapult from the floor like you do Perry Jones or Derrick Williams. But he strikes me as being much stronger than they are and it's not like he's an unathletic slouch.

I've seen Lamar Odom comparisons for Williams and I can definitely see him. Like you said, he's very well rounded. He's a good shotblocker, good shooter, has a post game, good rebounder, good runner, etc. If we want to go big he can play 3, if we want to go quick he can be a 4. He's probably the most skilled or second most skilled combo forward in the class. Derrick Williams might be the only guy who's got him beat at that and he's a year older.

I still like Sullinger the best for our team. But say he's not there and Perry Jones is already off the board, I think Terrence Jones makes a lot of sense. There are about 7-8 players in this class who I think could make a big difference on our roster: Sullinger, Barnes, Thompkins, Burks, Jones, Jones, and Williams.

If I had my preference, I would take Sullinger in the first and then take a flier on an athlete like Rodney Williams III in the second round. Williams has ridiculous athleticism. He looks like Vince Carter leaping around. But he hasn't done **** for Minnesota because I think he's had some problems with Tubby Smith. With a second rounder though... I think we could do a lot worse and if Williams pans out, he's got a starter's ceiling.

Drafting Sullinger makes Blatche completely obsolete IMO. He's the one I would trade, not Booker. Blatche would have higher value and he'll expect to start. We don't need both Sullinger and Blatche on the roster as defensively challenged PFs. I'd settle for draft picks from Blatche.

Hey I just got two tickets in the "Player's Club" suite for Wednesday's game vs the Nuggets. I'm waiting to hear back from my brother about going but I seriously doubt he can/will go. Anyone interested in riding with me? Vishal? BraveOAW? ACW? skinfan2k? Anyone?

yo ill go!! we can do somethign this weekend. just passed my test for work a few minutes and so boosted right now?

Edited by skinfan2k

Yeah but Flip is finally shaking things up. Armstrong has been completely replaced by Seraphin at the backup C spot. I think the leash is getting shorter on Blatche as well, especially if Booker gives us tihs much effort on a consistent basis. In either case, we always lose when Blatche plays like garbage. The more we lose the better chance we have at a top 5 pick. So in essence, Blatche is basically playing himself out of a starting spot. ****ing loser.