Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Scuttlebutt is that we're bringing in both Austin Rivers and Harrison Barnes for a second workout.

A trade down possibly in the works?

If it's a trade down, I don't really care for Rivers as a fit for this team. He seemed like a selfish player last season and he didn't have much of an impact for Duke. He had a 16.8 PER last year, which is not good at all for a lottery pick who was the #1 H.S. recruit at one point. Freshman can make an impact at Duke. Kyrie Irving looked like a stud last season before he got hurt and after he came back.

Rivers has NBA skills for sure, but I don't like how much he struggled at the collegiate level for a kid who has been around the NBA game his entire life.

---------- Post added June-25th-2012 at 04:17 PM ----------

Bulletsforever talks about Mo Evans potentially getting a job coaching for us. Good for him if he does it.

But I'd like to see us get an awesome big man coach. Especially if we draft TRob.

If we do trade down to six, who do you all think we'll get?

I still think Beal's floor is probably Cleveland at four. I think Drummond is the likely target of a trade up, but I read something about how the Blazers are more of in a win now mode than other rebuilders because they've only got three years left on LaMarcus Aldridge's deal before he hits UFA.

I wouldn't mind getting MKG or TRob at six if we trade down. Be nice to get TRob and get a pure PF and a rebounder and then maybe Jeremy Lamb slips to 11 and we can take him. He seems slightly less selfish than Rivers does.

Rivers seems like a quick scorer off the bench type of player. Not worth a lottery pick, imo, especially considering we'll already have one of those in Crawford.

---------- Post added June-25th-2012 at 04:20 PM ----------

If we traded down to 6 and 11 to grab Barnes and a SG, I'd much rather it be Ross, Lamb, or Waiters than Rivers. Plus, he'll be a liability on defense.

Edited by SuperBash

If we trade down the ideal scenario should be on the lines of MKG+Ross, but I could live with Barnes+Ross. Ross' statistics, especially his 3 point shooting, coupled with his athleticism make him a steal at 11 .

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/terrence-ross-1.html

Rivers will be no better than Jordan Crawford. He is ball dominant and cannot shoot as well as other prospective SGs. It is telling a supposed super-star had a hard time being more efficient than he was at Duke of all places. Who has Ted's email, I need to rant if he is even considering drafting that bum.

That's messed up that they aren't even inviting Sully to the draft.

I would totally buy a first rounder to pick him. The dude can flat out play, and I could see him taking this out on the rest of the league.

Another player I would consider buying a late first rounder for is Evan Fournier. He's a gifted scorer. He doesn't do a whole lot of other things, but if we're looking for a bargain on a pure scoring wing, he'd be a good one.

That's messed up that they aren't even inviting Sully to the draft.

I would totally buy a first rounder to pick him. The dude can flat out play, and I could see him taking this out on the rest of the league.

I can understand why they didn't invite him. I'd hate to see the constant shots of him in the green room waiting to hear his name called. He'll take an immediate financial hit from the drop, but he will go to a good team in the late first. I'd be completely shocked if he fell to round 2.

As long as we can get John Jenkins or even Doron Lamb with our 2nd pick i'll be estactic. I would'nt be shocked at all to see Jenkins become the best 2 guard from this draft. Even if we draft Beal i'd double up. Let Crawford be a combo guard he is better with the ball in hand anyway.

I doubt Sully slips past Cleveland or even Denver. His production will be too much to pass up. Just another poster boy for why you should come out when your stock is high.

If he's falling for medical reasons, they would have come out last year too. If anything, he's a better prospect than he was last season because he showed off a little more ability to face up and shoot this year.

Saw this on BF...it's in regards to the "rumors" of the #3 + Blatche for #6 + Matthews.

This is an Acorn 5 situation! An idea is floating around, consisting of flipping Andray Blatche and the #3 pick to the Trail Blazers for Wesley Matthews and the #6. In principle, this is quite literally one of the worst things I have ever heard. In honesty, it isn't even the worst thing I heard this past week. Compromising the last major draft asset DC is likely to see for quite some time so we don't have watch a cancerous contract walk for nothing? That's worse than nothing. I hope it isn't real.

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2012/6/26/3111398/nba-draft-2012-washington-wizards-bullets

I agree with this...trading the #3 JUST to get rid of Blatche is idiotic.

Anyways...I saw that the T-Wolves traded the #18 pick to the Rockets for Chase Budinger. They now have the #14, #16, and #18....There is no doubt in my mind they are gearing up for a HUGE draft-day trade for Dwight Howard.

*edit*

Just came across this...

• Back to the Lakers. If the Cavs are able to move up and nab Beal at No. 2, there’s talk the Lakers would be willing to make life easy for the Wizards and help them move out of the third spot. It would likely take power forward Pau Gasol. Far-fetched for now, but don’t be surprised if it’s something that’s explored in the right situation.

• Wizards big man Andray Blatche could also be part of that, or another, trade.

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/06/26/12/NBA-Rumors--Draft-News-Day-12/landing.html?blockID=751900&feedID=3725

If this were to happen....S-M-H

Edited by RonArtest15