Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I don't think Wittman is a great coach by any means, but he did kinda get dealt a raw hand this year. Bunch of guys on 1 year deals, and being forced to play a style that doesn't suit him or the roster, especially after his style did get us to the 2nd round two years in a row. I absolutely agree that he has to get fired, but it doesn't mean anything if Grunfeld isn't fired either.

• Like 1

Rumors from BR is Scott Brooks is a 'strong candidate' to replace Randy Wittman, and Jeff Hornacek is 'looming strong.'

Allow me to take this moment to cry just a little. This Brooks talk is yet another ploy to get KD to come here. He is not a good coach, and the fact that we are already looking at coaches makes the real truth really hit home. Ernie is staying. Because if Ted was going to fire him we wouldn't be hearing about potential coaches at all. 

Scott Brooks would be terrible. I actually like Hornacek a lot though.

Just say NO to Thibs. Never got the Thibs love at all. I mean Wittman outcoached him badly in the playoffs. He's the ultimate try hard screamer type who will never win anything of substance. He is not a good coach by any means.

Honestly, I don't think Ted knows how to look for a competent NBA gm so he sticks with the easy choice of keeping Erie. Nothing changes until this rat is gone, I feel bad for Randy being the sacrifice of 2016.

Edited by spjunkies

And there lies the (major) problem with retaining Grunfailed, even 1 more year. He gets to choose another coach.. :wacko: Just like politicians talk their way out of ****, I'd love a sit down with Leonsis to hear his (in depth) reasoning for keeping Grunfeld and McPhee around for so long.. It has to be financial cause any argument for performance would just be comical..