Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Honestly, I don't think Ted knows how to look for a competent NBA gm so he sticks with the easy choice of keeping Erie. Nothing changes until this rat is gone, I feel bad for Randy being the sacrifice of 2016.

It's really not that hard. There are less than a dozen franchises that win the championship every year. Go to one of them and throw a ton of money at the top assistant under the GM. Problem solved.

• Like 1

If we hire Scott Brooks and Ernie gets an extension, that would be such a giant **** You to the fan base that I doubt it could recover from the debacle. When the summer of his free agency arrives, I would personally tell John Wall to get out while he can and buy him a plane ticket to Miami or San Antonio.

• Like 2

If I wasn't such a loyal fan, I'd seriously consider switching teams. But I won't, so my only recourse is to continue to really not care about this team or the NBA again. I did it in the 90s. I did it in the early to mid 2000s.

I think DC United just jumped ahead of the Wizards on my give a **** meter. Mystics aren't far behind.

• Like 1

Stephen A said on First Take during a segment about Durant going to the Celtics that KD's future is up in the air but he did say that he could definitely state that one place Durant will not sign is with the Wizards.

Smith can be a tad irritating but I do trust him when he'll make an 'insider' claim like that so clearly on national tv.

"I don't talk to Stephen A Smith at all. No one in my family, my friends do. So he's lying." - Kevin Durant

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/10/kevin-durant-stephen-a-smith-lakers-lies

If we not only keep Ernie, but extend him AND sign Monty Williams/Hornacek/Brooks, I will not go to another game again until this regime is gone. Its just such a kick in the teeth. John, if you ever had a moment to drop bombs on this organization, now is the damn time. Go in and go TO on them. Demand for a change. Do something! Because apparently us peons and our prayers are but dust in the wind to Ted.

Ernie is staying?

I swear if we hire Scott freaking Brooks and keep Ernie I'm done young. 

I'm leaning this way...I won't say I'll be done w/ the team, but I'll be EXTREMELY indifferent. 

I honestly don't feel any type of way about Wittman being canned.  The reason is because the architect of this whole decade plus mess is STILL here. 

Outside of KD miraculously deciding to play in DC next season, I expect more mediocrity.  I do not like the fact that Ernie has yet another life w/ the organization.  A year in the organization that is arguably the most important year in the Wall era.  A year where there is an insane amount of money to be spent.  This is VERY dangerous.  Ernie should not be in charge of overseeing any of this. 

It's gonna be a retread hire, and it's going to suck.  Brooks is no different than Witt...Jackson can't coach...etc etc. 

This just sucks all around. 

• Like 2

I'm leaning this way...I won't say I'll be done w/ the team, but I'll be EXTREMELY indifferent. 

I honestly don't feel any type of way about Wittman being canned.  The reason is because the architect of this whole decade plus mess is STILL here. 

Outside of KD miraculously deciding to play in DC next season, I expect more mediocrity.  I do not like the fact that Ernie has yet another life w/ the organization.  A year in the organization that is arguably the most important year in the Wall era.  A year where there is an insane amount of money to be spent.  This is VERY dangerous.  Ernie should not be in charge of overseeing any of this. 

It's gonna be a retread hire, and it's going to suck.  Brooks is no different than Witt...Jackson can't coach...etc etc. 

This just sucks all around. 

Personally, I think Brooks is light years better than Wittman.

Not an elite coach but good.

With that being said, I agree with you...the real issue is Ernie.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Nah I'm out if Ernie gets this shot. Short of landing KD, I am done if he gets to spend all the free cap space this offseason.

It makes ZERO sense to let him do this unless you are planning on having him here for the next 3-4 years. If you fire him next year, the new GM will be handicapped by Ernie's decisions.

This is Ted basically giving the fanbase who has patiently waited for two decades the middle finger. Right back at ya Ted. **** off.

Redskins prepared me for days like these. Not going anywhere.

Naw... At least with the Redskins, you knew they were trying to get better at all cost. They were just dumb in their approach.

The Wizards, it's not like they're even trying. If we didn't luck up and get Wall, we would be the Sixers right now.

Naw... At least with the Redskins, you knew they were trying to get better at all cost. They were just dumb in their approach.

The Wizards, it's not like they're even trying. If we didn't luck up and get Wall, we would be the Sixers right now.

The Sixers at least drafted some players who look NBA caliber.

We have two. TWO!!!!

**** Ted.

• Like 1

I like basketball and they're the DC team. Even if you're right, short of them moving, I'd still rather them win then anyone else. Not knocking anyone for their decision going forward, this is just where I stand on the issue. I wanted to go to the Hawks game and protest, but had to put resources elsewhere.

It's in the DC area's best interest that the team does well. I can keep them from causing me to lose sleep, but don't think I can get to point of not caring at all and just root for somebody else (not saying that's what you're doing, just stating how I feel).

Edited by Renegade7

I'm just talking **** for real because I'm pissed right now. I'll still be around miserable next year.

But I'm so getting tired of this bull****. You would think after Ted going through the same stuff with McPhee and the Caps wasting some of Ovi's greatest years that he would realize a GM change could point the team in a better direction. But no, he bringing back the same dude that has been doing dumb stuff for 13 years man. 13 years!!! Come on now. 

Edited by MLSKINS
  • Like 1

Jeff GoodmanVerified account[/size]@GoodmanESPN

And the Randy Wittman Era is over in Washington. If I were Ernie Grunfeld, I’d go back channels to Kevin Durant and let him pick his coach.

If I were Ernie Grunfeld I'd step out into the sun light and confirm fan suspicions as I explode into a cloud of ashes.

I'm just talking **** for really because I'm pissed right now. I'll still be around misreable next year.

But I'm so getting tired of this bull****. You would think after Ted going through the same stuff with McPhee and the Caps wasting some of Ovi's greatest years that he would realize a GM change could point the team in a better direction. But no, he bringing back the same dude that has been doing dumb stuff for 13 years man. 13 years!!! Come on now.

I'm right there with you. I've been searching my heart for a loophole that allows me to love a different team because of this news. No luck yet though, but the search will continue.

• Like 1