Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I will still be a fan. But I'm not going to look forward to and watch all the games any more and I'm sure as hell not spending any more money on the team.

Actually, that's the bigger problem. He has to spend money. Everyone's a free agent. Whoever is the GM gets to rebuild the roster in a pretty big way this offseason.

I am perfectly happy just watching the NBA without any fan allegiance. There is a wealth of talent in the league right now and good matchup's every night.

That's how I treated this season. I think I maybe watched 20 Wizards games, but I feel like this was one of the better NBA season's I've ever witnessed. And the playoffs haven't even started yet. I'm so ready for Saturday.

As has been detailed here for the last few weeks, the locker room has been a mess -- and Wittman ended up saddled with most of the blame for the culture that bred dysfunction.

lead_large.jpg

God that's ****ing insane. Dysfunctional locker room after dysfunctional locker room. And the one common denominator is still here. This is borderline insanity and the only sane (SMH) explanation that I can come up with is there backdoor confirmation of KD signing here.

We all knew Randy was a terrible coach right from the get go. He brought the team back to respectability 2 years ago (and we appreciated that), but he should have been gone then and there. I dont want to hear that the team checked out on him a while ago when we ALL knew he was a lameduck coach, out of his element in a fast paced offense, and only here long enough to provide EG with a backdoor. News flash: Wall is in his prime, and is now watching the playoffs from home while the guy who set it all up gets a 4th shot at rebuilding the roster. Its Ernie's fault for putting the team in the position it is in.

• Like 3

Also, how is it possible to be one of the 3 guys who follow the team 24-7 and are just now learning of the fact that the team checked out on the coach? Where was this report earlier? Where was the impartial reviews following blowout losses to Chicago backups and uninspired losses to Kobe fadeaways. How much more clearly can a guy be in the organization's pocket. This guy is nothing more than an extension of the Grunster.

• Like 2

God that's ****ing insane. Dysfunctional locker room after dysfunctional locker room. And the one common denominator is still here. This is borderline insanity and the only sane (SMH) explanation that I can come up with is there backdoor confirmation of KD signing here.

I don't think that's possible. I don't think Durant has thought about what he wants to do yet.

I think a more likely explanation is that Ernie has a chameleon-like ability to blend into the walls, his office chair, the water cooler, etc. so that when there is blame failure to be assigned and the firings start happening, nobody can find him.

Another one could be that he has in his possession one of those memory erasers from Men In Black and he keeps using it on Ted.

I have to turn to science fiction to explain Ernie's longevity.

• Like 1

Also, how is it possible to be one of the 3 guys who follow the team 24-7 and are just now learning of the fact that the team checked out on the coach? Where was this report earlier? Where was the impartial reviews following blowout losses to Chicago backups and uninspired losses to Kobe fadeaways. How much more clearly can a guy be in the organization's pocket. This guy is nothing more than an extension of the Grunster.

How is it possible that we didn't know Ernie had an extra year on his contract?

How is it possible that we STILL don't know WTF Newman's eyepatch was all about?

Once again, I refer everyone to that twitter NBA fandom map from a while back. There are only two counties in America that give much of a **** about the Wizards: Fairfax and Montgomery. This franchise exists in anonymity. Tiny fan base and non-existent media coverage. GACOLB is right, the team is irrelevant.

Todd DybasVerified account

‏@Todd_Dybas

Press conference with Grunfeld at noon. In a statement, he cited inconsistency and failure to win at home as reasons for Wittman's firing.

This is confirmation that Ernie is back.

Holy **** this is crazy. He is going to get to reshape the team for the next 3-4 years this offseason. Inexplicable. This team is truly ****ing irrelevant in the DC area. No one cares.

• Like 3

You'd have to think that if Ted didn't clean house and dump both of them today, that Ernie stays unless Ernie decides to walk on his own. Unless, Ted is doing Ernie a solid and letting the Whitman firing breathe and then in a couple weeks, Ernie will quietly step down to spend time with the family or some made up reason.

Also everyone still linking Durant to DC. Yeah a lot of dominos have to fall to even entertain the thought. They'd need to fix the dumpster fire fast.

Rumor is Dan Snyder will fire up redskins one to okc and an open check.

When caps missed playoffs everyone was canned. Gm, coach... But when wizards suck only coach gets the boot. So yeah.

Edited by ixcuincle

This is confirmation that Ernie is back.

Holy **** this is crazy. He is going to get to reshape the team for the next 3-4 years this offseason. Inexplicable. This team is truly ****ing irrelevant in the DC area. No one cares.

Ted confirmed it in his statement: https://tedstake.monumentalsportsnetwork.com/2016/04/14/thank-you-coach-wittman

Ernie Grunfeld immediately will begin the search for a replacement.

• Like 1

Amid the doom and gloom, I'd just like to say that with an upgrade at the coaching position and a couple solid FA signings...we could easily be a 50+ win team next year. Hell, if we could've gotten anything outta Beal/Anderson we might've pushed for 50 this year.

Yeah, we're on the verge of hitting 50 wins ya'll. So close!!! 

- Every Wizards fan for the last two decades

Just hire thibs and be done with it.

Thibs is never coming here. Ernie hired him for like two weeks back in 2008 as an assistant and then Thibs left immediately when he saw what a clown show DC is. He proceeded to sign with the Celtics and help them win the NBA title.

Edited by No Excuses

Yeah, we're on the verge of hitting 50 wins ya'll. So close!!!

- Every Wizards fan for the last two decades

Thibs is never coming here. Ernie hired him for like two weeks back in 2008 as an assistant and then Thibs left immediately when he saw what a clown show DC is. He proceeded to sign with the Celtics and help them win the NBA title.

he is best option