Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

After what happened to RGIII, I would hope the Wizards wouldn't even risk it. This team has a bright future, we'll be fine.

Completely different circumstances. RGIII was previously injured and in a contact sport. Wall doesn't have to play his usual 40 minutes.

I just don't think it's worth the risk. Without a healthy Wall an already remote chance at a title has basically become impossible. There's no need to mess his hand up worse when the future looks so bright.

We don't know if they are hairline fractures or like actually fractures. I'd imagine if he plays it's because the bones are barely broken.

Right now, the Wizards face the Strasburg dilemma. Do you put your all star out onto the playoff field and risk further injury that could shorten his career because you never know how the chips will fall or do you shelve him for the long term knowing that the team should be good for a number of years.

The decision is possibly a bit easier because with the Nats, Stras wasn't actually hurt... he had just reached his max pitch count for the season. Wall probably can't and shouldn't play, but the temptation to go all in for a run now mut be hard on both him and the team.

Right now, the Wizards face the Strasburg dilemma. Do you put your all star out onto the playoff field and risk further injury that could shorten his career because you never know how the chips will fall or do you shelve him for the long term knowing that the team should be good for a number of years.

The decision is possibly a bit easier because with the Nats, Stras wasn't actually hurt... he had just reached his max pitch count for the season. Wall probably can't and shouldn't play, but the temptation to go all in for a run now mut be hard on both him and the team.

I say keep him out until an elimination game if he's even healthy enough then.

He'll be better-suited to play against Cleveland or Chicago if we can get past ATL.

I say keep him out until an elimination game if he's even healthy enough then.

He'll be better-suited to play against Cleveland or Chicago if we can get past ATL.

I think I agree although I'm leaning towards sitting him even then. His best attributes are ball distribution and defense. Can you be a one handed passer? I suspect you can play defense or push it up the floor pretty well with mostly one arm.

• Like 1

And here the Nationals are still without a championship and only 2 games over .500 this season. So... was it still the right decision?