Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

IF anything you HAVE to make that call with 3 seconds left. Hard to take any sports league seriously at this point. Reffing is an abomination in each one. Not sure which is the best TBH. Probably baseball actually.

The refs are scared to make big calls like that at the end of games. One of the only consistent and predictable things they do is swallow their whistles on final possessions. It's a shame but it's been going on for as long as I can remember. You can't expect them to change their ways now.

NBA officiating is definitely a joke. I heard on a recent B.S. Report that Haralobos Voulgaris tracks the performances of the officials and figures out which ones are crooked and uses that to win boatloads of money. He's got like a 70% win rate, his system works. NFL officiating is absolutely awful too, but I'm pretty sure the NBA is the only league lousy with crooked refs. Pretty amazing that the league didn't clean house after the Tim Donaghy scandal, as if we are supposed to believe he was the only crooked ref. I noticed the refs blatantly point shaving during that final Knicks game in April. And for some of them, it's not a gambling thing, it's just a petty personal bias. Joey Crawford hates Tim Duncan. Danny Crawford hates Mark Cuban. Bill Kennedy hates Doc Rivers. It absolutely influences their officiating for those teams.

The only thing I can think of is that Humphries was still shaking off rust from the injury and still regaining his shot. Course, given how bad Gortat was tonight and how bad Nene was in game 2, even a still-rusty Humphries (and he might not even be rusty any more) would've been better than either of those 2.

I went to the game tonight and I still can't get over the loss. We played so stupid in the 4th and couldn't play D all game. Still Pierce has his shot to tie it but we fail. Damn, hopefully we get some luck in game 5. Beal was great tonight, hate to waste that.

Some ATL fans are trying to argue that since Beal,Pierce,Porter etc are playing wel, Wiz fans are overstating the loss of Wall.

These guys are doing everything possible to justify the fact that they can't shake us.

If Wall plays, it's a sweep. If we can't get past Atlanta they won't win a single game in the next round. They are frauds.

• Like 1

Chicago and Cleveland are weak too.

We would have won the East in something like 4-5-5 if Wall hadn't gotten hurt. We were rolling and everyone else is weak. Such an unfortunate injury. But on the bright side, we have a 24 year old superstar and another one in the oven that's 21. Plus we've got something good in Porter and Gortat.

I think we'll compete with Cleveland as the favorites to win the East next year.

The goal is to be good enough to entice Durant to come here in 2016. Then we'll be really scary. If we can make a legit ECF run without him, then he's going to feel he could be the piece that puts us over the top. Otherwise he won't want to leave OKC.

Wall/Beal/Durant wins at least one title, if not more.

I have honestly never seen two players like NeNe and Gortat let a few bad plays destroy their whole game.. You can just

see their confidence drain out of them, while the frustration builds..  We need a better 4.. I like NeNe but this price tag and 

tendency to disappear isn't what this team needs to survive.

Chicago and Cleveland are weak too.

We would have won the East in something like 4-5-5 if Wall hadn't gotten hurt. We were rolling and everyone else is weak. Such an unfortunate injury. But on the bright side, we have a 24 year old superstar and another one in the oven that's 21. Plus we've got something good in Porter and Gortat.

I think we'll compete with Cleveland as the favorites to win the East next year.

Weak relative to what? I think those teams are stronger than ATL. Cleveland is weakened by Love's absence but even then I think they'd handle ATL. I don't think our small lineup would be as effective against either of those teams, especially Chicago. We beat Chicago last year largely on the strength of our bigs, and given the inconsistency shown by Nene and Gortat (well, mostly Nene...Gortat has only had 1 bad game) in these playoffs, that might be an iffy proposition. Nene also contained Gasol during this year's regular season.

Some ATL fans are trying to argue that since Beal,Pierce,Porter etc are playing well, Wiz fans are overstating the loss of Wall.

These guys are doing everything possible to justify the fact that they can't shake us.

ATL's best performance was in game 1. We still won, and on the strength of Wall.

Beal was incredible that game.  The scoring, the defense, the facilitating.  That was a Dwyane Wade-esque performance.  Man was taking it to the hole against two and three defenders and finishing through contact and he put Korver on lockdown.

I think he's going to be the best SG in the NBA in a couple years.

• Like 1

Beal was incredible that game.  The scoring, the defense, the facilitating.  That was a Dwyane Wade-esque performance.  Man was taking it to the hole against two and three defenders and finishing through contact and he put Korver on lockdown.

I think he's going to be the best SG in the NBA in a couple years.

He gets no respect in the paint. Teague was getting calls. That clown. Seriously? Tired of seeing Beal get assaulted with no call, James Harden would've shot 30 FT's last night.

• Like 1

Wizards played their butts off last night.  Pierce had a fantastic look (Randy drawing up a brilliant ATO play), and we got hosed on the Korver non-travel.  Not having Wall on the floor has been the obvious difference.  I HOPE he can play in game 5, because the way the landscape of the East is shaping up, we have a good chance to make some noise. 

Hawks are frauds.  Straight up frauds. 

Wizards player their butts off... on offense. They didn't have much of that anger and physicality on defense. Also, why hasn't Teague been put on his ass while driving to the rim? He's certainly done it to our team enough, yet that little goon has people giving him taps on the arm on his way to the rim. If the team is going to let him own the lane, might as well give him something to think about while prancing his way to the rim.

Lots of effort last night but very little toughness on defense. That wasn't the case in the first three games.

• Like 1

Wizards player their butts off... on offense. They didn't have much of that anger and physicality on defense. Also, why hasn't Teague been put on his ass while driving to the rim? He's certainly done it to our team enough, yet that little goon has people giving him taps on the arm on his way to the rim. If the team is going to let him own the lane, might as well give him something to think about while prancing his way to the rim.

Lots of effort last night but very little toughness on defense. That wasn't the case in the first three games.

If Witt's not going to use Hump or Seraphin for anything else, he might as well send them out there with a bounty on Teague at least.

• Like 3

If Witt's not going to use Hump or Seraphin for anything else, he might as well send them out there with a bounty on Teague at least.

I was texting to a couple buddies last night that we really would have benefited from both players last night. Nene and Gortat were tired and getting humiliated.

I think the Wizards have proven one thing over these past three games. They can beat Atlanta, To do so, they must remain focused and intense. The moment they let their guard down Atlanta storms back.  I'd say basically we're seeing two equals when Washington is at the top of its game. It just doesn't have any margin for error.

Edited by Burgold

With Wall I think we're clearly the better team and it's not even close. We might have swept them with a healthy Wall. Without him we can still win but we basically have to be perfect.

I can't see Atlanta running so hot offensively again. They generated a ton of easy shots, and they made every tough shot they took. It almost reminds me of Game 3 vs. the Bulls last year where it took Dunleavy hitting something like 10 3s just for them to barely win.

In both losses we had one of our starters produce nothing(Nene Game 2, Gortat last night). So essentially Atlanta needs us to play without TWO starters just to barely squeek by.

• Like 1