Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Wittman is not a good coach. People conveniently forget that he coached Minnesota before here, and he didn't do a good job there either.

No Bullets fan orgets that Wittman is a poor coach. We have watched him blunder for 2 years. Its no secret. We just let it go, because there is no reason to keep complaining about it game in game out. Dude is getting re-signed. I think its guaranteed honestly. EG apparently still has another year on his contract. Some secret year. I dunno. Forget a large change at this point.

AWESOME run for the Wiz. Fun to watch And a blast to root for. Longest playoff run of my conscious life, and I'm 36. No knuckleheads. No overbearing drama.

Looking forward to next season and rooting for the west vs the Pacers. **** Miami.

No Bullets fan orgets that Wittman is a poor coach. We have watched him blunder for 2 years. Its no secret. We just let it go, because there is no reason to keep complaining about it game in game out. Dude is getting re-signed. I think its guaranteed honestly. EG apparently still has another year on his contract. Some secret year. I dunno. Forget a large change at this point.

The thing is there are so many better coaches on the market right now that it would just be silly to re-sign Wittman. I don't know why Lionel Hollins and George Karl and Mark Jackson are unemployed. They are very good coaches. 

The way the NBA is ending up, Sam Cassell probably ends up getting the coaching job  :lol:

I just don't buy that but I get it, it's the standard after every NBA game, especially playoff games to say the refs put the fix in. There were bad calls both ways but I don't think it determined the outcome.

There is no reason for the refs not to force a game 7 here for extra ratings and then screw Wiz over in game 7 if that's the case.

It's just silly and petty to argue about the refs. The officiating is bad, it's always bad and it's usually bad both ways. The refs just aren't competent. It's been a problem for a long time but it didn't determine this game.

The main reason the Wiz lost was that they decided not to play defense.  But that doesn't negate the insane travesty we saw tonight from the zebras.  That was a disgrace.

To explain: Do I actually think it was fixed?  No.  My point is though that it was such a pathetic and one-sided travesty that I would not blame someone for saying it was in the heat of the moment.

Edited by Sticksboi05

The thing is there are so many better coaches on the market right now that it would just be silly to re-sign Wittman. I don't know why Lionel Hollins and George Karl and Mark Jackson are unemployed. They are very good coaches. 

The way the NBA is ending up, Sam Cassell probably ends up getting the coaching job  :lol:

Lionel Hollins fought with the owner and GM of the team. He aint coming here.

George Karl is 100 years old. Not coming here.

Mark Jackson is barely a coach. He is a personel motivator. A public speaker. Thats about it. He shouldnt be brought here at all.

Id rather have Cassell take over, if the option is there. SVG is already off the market. Not too many option after that except unproven guys.

I just don't buy that but I get it, it's the standard after every NBA game, especially playoff games to say the refs put the fix in. There were bad calls both ways but I don't think it determined the outcome.

There is no reason for the refs not to force a game 7 here for extra ratings and then screw Wiz over in game 7 if that's the case.

It's just silly and petty to argue about the refs. The officiating is bad, it's always bad and it's usually bad both ways. The refs just aren't competent. It's been a problem for a long time but it didn't determine this game.

Dude the officials literally had no idea who hit the ball out. They then look at each other and the ref basically goes "awe **** it" Pacers ball lol. To say it was bad both ways is a joke.

• Like 2

Come on guys, enjoy the fact the Wiz played 6 meaningful games in the 2nd round of the NBA playoffs. We beat the higher seed in the 1st round, and bowed out vs the #1 seed on 6.

Absolutely right. GREAT SEASON! It was great fun watching my favorite team in the playoffs.

I'm pulling for Indy over Miami but I don't think they can beat them.

I have no rooting interest.

Once my team is done, so am I. 

It's appropriate as a GW bball fan that David West would take us out. Hated him when he was at Xavier. Hate him as a Pacer. Been hating David West for over a decade now.

And he might be the biggest whiner in the league too.

What Bullets fans remember is no playoffs on average.

Walk before you run.  You don't go from doormat to championship because of coaching.  You need a player that can take over games and a top 10 player.  We have neither.

But fire away.  Let's see who want's to coach here.

Edited by chipwhich
  • Like 1

Proud of the wizards, and thanks to the fans for not completely emptying out the stadium to pay respects for these guys. ima leave the who do we get rid of and fire for another day. gave it what we had towards the end, but jus werent good enough. at least we have something to build on and reason to believe that we'll be back. whens the last time any of us in this thread have been able to say that?

• Like 1

A ball hog who quits on his team all the time? Not to mention they'd have to give him a max deal.

He never quit on NY. In fact he might have been one of the few who never quit on NY. Guy just lacks motivation sometimes (Wall and Beal have this issue as well), and needs a true pg. He would thrive in Washington. Its a pipe dream that he comes here though.