Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

He was elite, but only for about a 1.5 season span.  Problem with Gil was he was such a volume shooter, I mean he shot 41.5% the year he averaged 29 PPG.  But he also was too much of a goof.  That said, with a legitimate coach instead of Eddie Jordan that team couldv'e challenged for a few deep playoff runs.  Eddie was never involved with the defensive side of the game.  That team had 3 All-Stars, no excuse for them to never win 50 games.  They didn't play defense and it showed.

Agree with you more or less, except for the part of about Gil's shooting percentage.

Imo, TS% (True shooting percentage) is a more accurate indicator.

If you get a chance compare Arenas's peak years (TS%) to someone like Kobe.

Pretty comparable for the most part.

In all my years of watching the NBA, i've NEVER seen Ariza become demonstrative on the court.  Dude is about as laid back as they come, but homie was fired up in that 3rd quarter.  I loved seeing it.

Everyone is talking about Nene (and they should) but Aziza put up a 18/7/3. Played the second highest minutes, second highest scorer second highest rebounder.

Just payed a fortune to check the score of this game, and let u all know I'm a few hours from the avalanche. Lots of choppers and distress round here, but now worries. It was worth the money to know that we beat Chicago in game one. Hell yea!

I saw that report and thought of you! Glad you are safe.

I used to frequent this thread all of the time but Grad School and work has kept me busy. I still watch the games when I can (my schedule works out with every playoff game in the series) but last night was such a blast to watch games where I'm living and dying on every shot. Heart was racing the whole time. That is usually the determinant of if I really love a team or not. Followed the team every since I was real young (Webber days), through the good and the bad. If people are trying to jump on the bandwagon now, I say let them. We need all we can get.

Pumped for Tuesday.

Man I forgot how exciting and frustrating playoff basketball was. I guess because it's been so long since we've experienced it. Great game last night and now game 2 we're playing with house money imo. If we win game 2 I'm pretty confident we could sweep. Can't wait till tomorrow. Gonna be tough again.

If we win our first round series, we'll get to face the winner of Indy/Atlanta while their dumbasses would have to play Miami.

Is this the case? If that happens wouldnt the pacers if they win play the highest remaining seed which in that scenario be the nets?

What's a better comparison ?

He had all the talent. That I don't deny. I can look back on this and recall that I think I stated that as long as Wall develops a shot...he could be really good.

There's a big difference. A goof ? Would TO be a better comparison ?

Well, not locker room cancer, just not a true leader.

All I know is, Wall plays defense and I like it.

We won despite being great from the three point line like we usually are. If our threes are dropping like they were in the regular season, I see this being a short series, assuming our defensive intensity stays the same.

Although, Chicago got way to many offensive rebounds for my liking, even though we beat them on the glass overall.

I'm outta the country so I'm curious, how was the local media after the win? Did we get some love? I'm hoping DC gets hyped for friday. 

Also, found this gem elsewhere:

nene+noah.jpg

Local media is pretty stoked. B Mitch just called out a guy on USA Today who picked us to get swept.

Only managed to catch it from about 5 mins left of the 3rd.  Immediate thought at approx. 68-72 was we must be playing poor but that's good enough to still be in with a shout against the Bulls.  Then the Bulls started scoring and I'm thinking it's sink or swim time, we responded with scoring offense and started nailing the FTs.  With the FTs and Nene bullying the little kids it turned out an easy close out, so much so that if we didn't try (and miss) long 2s with no one between ball carrier and basket I would have wondered who was wearing our gear lol. 

Chicago are ******, we're so much better than them talent wise it's not funny.  Team chemistry is looking spot on too, these guys like playing together and when John and Bradley get going it's gonna be fun to watch. 

Top 3 takeaways after game 1

1. Didn't have to overcome our own coaching

2. Hitting FTs in the 4th when the pressure was on

3. The late season rotation player changes were legit, short term, play and chemistry hits - we look like a complete team who are enjoying what they do

I thought the Bulls got a little confident and started trying to run with us at a faster pace and thats when their big lead vanished. They have to keep the wizards slow all game because any time the pace increases they simply don't have the horses to keep up. They will see that and other things and adjust for game 2. How will a Randy adjust?

• Like 1

Bullets Forever

‏@BulletsForever

Via Wiz PR, here are the shirts they'll be handing out for Game 3 on Friday. pic.twitter.com/yLxgTYluMK

I'd rather they hand out tshirts with this and nothing else on it.  The best logo in DC sports.

wizards_alt_ball.gif

I need to get that printed on a UA charged cotton tshirt.  That would instantly become my favorite for the summer.   

Edited by Destino

Really hope the DC shows up, bandwagon or no. Surprised at the high prices on the ticket market. Upper level for Friday are in the nineties, meanwhile on Tuesday I'll be sitting in the cheap seats at United for forty. I'll get progressively closer starting with Game 5. i'll probably spend all day at work tomorrow staring at the clock. First playoff game as a fan in an opposing crowd. Look forward to having some fun.