Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I hate on Wittman a lot. When I went to games I would yell at him. But today he coached a damn good game imo

Oh if we win Tuesday its OVER 

I can't say anything bad about Wittman tonight. Even when he kept Wall out for so long it was largely because Miller was hot.

Just payed a fortune to check the score of this game, and let u all know I'm a few hours from the avalanche. Lots of choppers and distress round here, but now worries. It was worth the money to know that we beat Chicago in game one. Hell yea!

Just payed a fortune to check the score of this game, and let u all know I'm a few hours from the avalanche. Lots of choppers and distress round here, but no worries. It was worth the money to know that we beat Chicago in game one. Hell yea!

Just payed a fortune to check the score of this game, and let u all know I'm a few hours from the avalanche. Lots of choppers and distress round here, but no worries. It was worth the money to know that we beat Chicago in game one. Hell yea!

• Like 4

Sorry for the fellow climbers, but damn good to hear from you. Your name has been floating in a couple threads since the news broke about the avalanche, you had us a bit worried! Lol

And hell yea indeed!

So happy to see a post from you man. That's just the cherry on top of a great night (well mostly a great night.) Thank you so much for checking in.

Stat/Trivia of the night: this is the first Game 1 in a 7-game playoff series that the Washington Bullets/Wizards have won since...the 1979 Finals.

Just watching this game, you can tell the Wizards are more talented. The only reason they aren't the favorite in this series is because they underachieved in the regular season and Chicago overachieved. We're bigger, more athletic, and have better offensive players while being a good enough defensive team to shut down a poor offensive team.

This game wouldn't have been close if we had just made our FTs and covered the defensive glass at a competent level.

We really don't need to be afraid of the Bulls. We should expect to win this series and play like it.

And if we do win the series, we definitely don't need to be afraid of Indy or Atlanta either.

• Like 1

And another thing... aaaaahhhh hhhhaaaaa at Brooklyn. If we win our first round series, we'll get to face the winner of Indy/Atlanta while their dumbasses would have to play Miami.

Toronto owned us this year. And Miami is the only scary team in the East. Brooklyn almost certainly did us a favor by mini-tanking for the six seed.

I was mainly just teasing him about them being more concise. haha.

Seriously though, The Wiz are just a better team. Even in the pick 'em brackets that we all did pretty much everyone picked the Bullets/Wiz to win (granted fairly small sample size with some bias).

I made easy money tonight because of them. Bulls have been smoke and mirrors all season. Noah and Gibson are not dominant enough to do it on their own.

Once they started hitting the boards and slowed down on the turnovers, I felt their confidence grow and that's exciting to see even if the Wizards aren't my favorite team. I don't root against them or any Eastern Conference team except the Celtics.

I felt some swagger and fight, I saw some of that we won't quit type of stuff.

Congrats on the win guys..

Btw, anyone cares, got released from the hospital. Calling it chest Wall pain now. Got getta get more tests tomorrow. Whatever it is, **** is ****ing brutal. Never felt pain like this this before. Feels like someone is stabbing in between ribs and twisting the blade around. Scale 1-10, it's a 10. Especially if I cough, sneeze, burp, hiccup or just take a deep breath. Has me double overed. The information packet they gave me said it could last weeks. FMMFL

I was mainly just teasing him about them being more concise. haha.

Seriously though, The Wiz are just a better team. Even in the pick 'em brackets that we all did pretty much everyone picked the Bullets/Wiz to win (granted fairly small sample size with some bias).

I made easy money tonight because of them. Bulls have been smoke and mirrors all season. Noah and Gibson are not dominant enough to do it on their own.

Once they started hitting the boards and slowed down on the turnovers, I felt their confidence grow and that's exciting to see even if the Wizards aren't my favorite team. I don't root against them or any Eastern Conference team except the Celtics.

I felt some swagger and fight, I saw some of that we won't quit type of stuff.

Congrats on the win guys..

Wow, didn't you use to give us Wiz fans **** all the time? Regardless, I appreciate the recognition and praise. Thank you.

Also, sidenote, I always appreciate Steve's posts. There aren't many of us Wiz fans. So I always appreciate his dedication and passion. And he drops knowledge too

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.
  • Like 1

EDIT: You're Welcome. As we talked about a few years back it would be a blast to go to a Nats Vs. O's game. We just haven't made it happen. I might have to start a bucket list. :cheers:

GACOLB, That was your Arenas love affair thing, that I didn't agree with. I hated the contract, and thought the player was not worth it based on his play.

It was more you guys giving me **** for being a Lakers fan commenting on the Bullets/Wizards. That's the way I remember it. In the old days instead of asking what I meant you would have went straight for the jugular. haha.

He is certainly a die hard fan. Admirable in ways. I am always good with dedicated fans. Hell, my brother-in-law is an Eagles fan...he's hopeful, but honest about expectations.

Edited by Kosher Ham

Gil was great, but it's nice to have a star player that actually cares about defense this time around.

That was part of it, but seriously, the guy was a poor defender even when he tried. Part of it was coaching, part of it was ego in my opinion.

He was a mid-level star that was elevated because of the market. Has Vick talent and brains as far as I look at it.

I digress, apologies. Celebrate that win. I've had family in town and finally have some time to myself. Waking up at 6 to give goodbyes.

Plan on being up another hour at least.

That was part of it, but seriously, the guy was a poor defender even when he tried. Part of it was coaching, part of it was ego in my opinion.

He was a mid-level star that was elevated because of the market. Has Vick talent and brains as far as I look at it.

I digress, apologies. Celebrate that win. I've had family in town and finally have some time to myself. Waking up at 6 to give goodbyes.

Plan on being up another hour at least.

He was elite, but only for about a 1.5 season span.  Problem with Gil was he was such a volume shooter, I mean he shot 41.5% the year he averaged 29 PPG.  But he also was too much of a goof.  That said, with a legitimate coach instead of Eddie Jordan that team couldv'e challenged for a few deep playoff runs.  Eddie was never involved with the defensive side of the game.  That team had 3 All-Stars, no excuse for them to never win 50 games.  They didn't play defense and it showed.

• Like 1

What's a better comparison ?

He had all the talent. That I don't deny. I can look back on this and recall that I think I stated that as long as Wall develops a shot...he could be really good.

There's a big difference. A goof ? Would TO be a better comparison ?

In all my years of watching the NBA, i've NEVER seen Ariza become demonstrative on the court.  Dude is about as laid back as they come, but homie was fired up in that 3rd quarter.  I loved seeing it. 

Oh, and here's a quote from Wall.  It's what I kinda figured...

Wall on playing in the postseason: "It's very intense. I've watched it going to a couple of games, but it's a lot different when you're on the court. There was one segment when I couldn't really breathe when I was going up and down the court."

Link

Just has to calm his nerves going forward.  Easier said than done, but now he knows what to expect.  He (and Beal) should be much better going forward. 

Btw, anyone cares, got released from the hospital. Calling it chest Wall pain now. Got getta get more tests tomorrow. Whatever it is, **** is ****ing brutal. Never felt pain like this this before. Feels like someone is stabbing in between ribs and twisting the blade around. Scale 1-10, it's a 10. Especially if I cough, sneeze, burp, hiccup or just take a deep breath. Has me double overed. The information packet they gave me said it could last weeks. FMMFL

Wow, didn't you use to give us Wiz fans **** all the time? Regardless, I appreciate the recognition and praise. Thank you.

Also, sidenote, I always appreciate Steve's posts. There aren't many of us Wiz fans. So I always appreciate his dedication and passion. And he drops knowledge too

I have never really heard of anything like that just happening before. That sounds just like broken ribs, but if there was no trauma, then I have no idea how it would develop in the first place. That sucks man. Hopefully it's nothing and it goes away soon.

Thanks for the praise about my posts. Sometimes I pretty much use this thread as a journal. I check this thred religiously. I used to do it with the NFL draft threads too, but I kind of lose my passion for that in years where we don't have our first round pick.

• Like 1