Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

9 minutes ago, Destino said:

Dinwiddie has zero points and five shot attempts.  In 30 minutes.  That **** can’t happen when you’re supposed to be the second option.  

Watch this dude miss tomorrow’s game because he’s not playing back to backs too. 

That's the plan. Was reported earlier.

Hey we've all called in sick on Friday to make it a 3 day weekend....

• Haha 1

let’s look at a time line here.  
- Rui played for Japan in the Olympics on August 1st.  

- He reported to the Wizards on October 11th.  

So we’re talking about two months away from the game.  How can he have lost so much physically in that short a time period, that he still hasn’t practiced?  How does one negatively impact their physical being so badly in two months that they can’t even practice without any sort of injury?  

And when he does practice the team apparently doesn’t want him practicing with them, which IMO is a huge red flag.  This isn’t some fringe scrub that is barely hanging onto the roster, this is a guy that’s been a starter for two seasons.  This looks to me, like the team isn’t sure he will be back and wants to keep a potential distraction away from the locker room.  

• Thanks 1

Somebody tell Kuzma that just because we have a lead, doesnt give him the greenlight to jack up countless ****ing brick 3 pointers. That dude does not GAF when it comes to shooting. You aint Beal or Bertans. If your 3 aint fallen, take it to the basket or give up the ****ing rock. 

Coach Unseld pissed me off by not telling them to stop chucking up 3s in take it to the paint. Charlottes middle was soft AF. We had our way with them every time in the paint. We had a few time outs, and they kept coming back doing the same stupid ****. 

And send Kispert to the ****ing D league.....He needs to spend sometime with the Capital City Go-Go and figure it out. His specialty is 3 pointers, and he cant make ****. He's not tall and he has the athleticism of a brick in the mud. He has hustle, but that's not good enough. He's a waste of a roster spot. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Dinwiddie has zero points and five shot attempts.  In 30 minutes.  That **** can’t happen when you’re supposed to be the second option.  

Watch this dude miss tomorrow’s game because he’s not playing back to backs too. 

With two assists, can't really make case he was successfully facilitating either.

Zero points?  

I know his head coaching career is only 14 games on but this was a coaching fail by Unsel.  Our bigs were dominating and the 3’s were not dropping…….at all so what do we do?  Keep gunning 3’sand hoping for the best.  Really frustrating loss.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wizards officials have seen encouraging progress in Hachimura's workouts behind closed doors in recent days and weeks. One source familiar with their plans expressed optimism it will not take long before he's ready to play in an NBA game. At this point, it is mostly about getting his conditioning up to speed.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Dinwiddie and Beal haven't figured out how to play together yet.  They each seem to play better when staggered right now.  But they'll get it figured out.

It's surprising how fast most of the new pieces to the team have been integrated, speaks to the good jobs Wes and his staff are doing.  I don't think we'll hold on to such a high seed for long, but I do think we can avoid long losing streaks and keep winning at a pace that puts us in the hunt for a home playoff series.  A big part of achieving that is playing good D and having depth, which we're doing this year.  Even in that loss, the D still looked good up until that big ass third quarter run.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Dinwiddie and Beal haven't figured out how to play together yet.  They each seem to play better when staggered right now.  But they'll get it figured out.

It's surprising how fast most of the new pieces to the team have been integrated, speaks to the good jobs Wes and his staff are doing.  I don't think we'll hold on to such a high seed for long, but I do think we can avoid long losing streaks and keep winning at a pace that puts us in the hunt for a home playoff series.  A big part of achieving that is playing good D and having depth, which we're doing this year.  Even in that loss, the D still looked good up until that big ass third quarter run.

I'm not sure that's fair to say (it may be) Beal's head isn't where it needs to be. He's grieving. On the other hand, from what I understand Beal has had a slow start to the season so you may be right.

Seriously, WUJ has to put motion into this offense.  He’s making the same mistake Brooks made and being too nice to his players and trusting them to just magically make it happen.  If they can’t move their feet consistently, script the motion.  Wizards started strong in that quarter and then started ball watching.  Set some off ball screen to encourage motion.  Every single team that is known for excellent ball movement sets screens off the ball constantly.   

It can’t just be the guy with the ball that’s moving.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Destino said:

So who thought the issue this year would be the offense is garbage?  Shooting 40% from three and still only scoring 40 in a half isn’t something you see everyday.  

Kind of hitting a wall.  It's a lot of new faces this year, and they're still very disjointed in the half court.  I see a lot of deferring from pretty much all of the ball handlers but Beal, who has often been pressing.

There is only so long that endless PnRs to Harrell and Gafford will work.

3 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Could see this one coming. 

Making last night's performance that much more disappointing.

Yeah this was a scheduled loss, which is why I was mad last night.  Back end of a road back to back against a good team is never a high % chance of a win.  

still hoping for a miracle though.