Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 minute ago, Destino said:

Need to get even with wins at home against Charlotte and Miami.  Otherwise the narrative changes dramatically.  This is the first stretch against eastern conference teams that are playing well.  And both have been very ugly losses.  

Honestly, I'm not worried about any narrative.

Just get fully healthy (Bertans, Rui, Bryant etc) and I'll take my chances.

11 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Honestly, I'm not worried about any narrative.

Just get fully healthy (Bertans, Rui, Bryant etc) and I'll take my chances.

Whatever happened to Rui ****ed him up so badly that he still unable to practice with the Go-Go.  If he ever comes back, it isn’t going to be for a while.

Getting Bryant back would be great though.  We can’t go through a season playing with just one center every other week.  

6 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Dinwiddie isn’t going to play back to back nights as he’s coming off an injury.

I didn’t see him play against Charlotte either.  If Beal had done that, we’d be killing him.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Destino said:

Whatever happened to Rui ****ed him ip so badly that he still unable to practice with the Go-Go.  If he ever comes back, it isn’t going to be for a while.

Getting Bryant back would be great though.  We can’t go through a season playing with just one center every other week.  

There has to be a semi-serviceable center somewhere to sign on a ten day contract. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm jus curious, has NBA always been this way?  Does Din really need this, doctor recommended?

Rest to keep guys healthy is a fairly recent phenomenon, but it’s become standard.  A lot of teams do this now.  

honestly the nba should just do away with back to backs.  They’re generally not great games.  Fewer games and more time to practice would improve the quality of the regular season imo.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm jus curious, has NBA always been this way?  Does Din really need this, doctor recommended?

I think part of this is relatively new because of how quickly guys can come back from knee operations now. Guys would miss more time in the past

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

Rest to keep guys healthy is a fairly recent phenomenon, but it’s become standard.  A lot of teams do this now.  

honestly the nba should just do away with back to backs.  They’re generally not great games.  Fewer games and more time to practice would improve the quality of the regular season imo.  

Owners and players would never give up that cash.

7 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

If they brought in someone, would they have to drop a player?   Is there a designated list in the NBA like IR and IL?  Too bad Len and Lopez found jobs.

Apparently yes but I'm not really sure how it works with injured players. Gill would be that guy if they to which wouldn't be a loss. 

I really hope I get to see Rui and Kuzma terrorize opponents with their combined size this season.  plus we desperately need some midrange and at the rim scoring.  

Looking for the team to show some fight tonight.  Fight they lacked in Miami and Charlotte offensively.  How teams respond to losses, stopping them from becoming skids, is telling.