Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

8 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Damn, y'all are so sensitive about all this. From now on, no one ever misstate anything ever again!! If you do, you shalt be banned!!! So saith Lords @-JB-and @Ball Security

You’re just upset that your anti-Christ got promoted today.

Still won’t say who they should have drafted instead of Kispert, will you?

Edited by Ball Security
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Still won’t say who they should have drafted instead of Kispert, will you?

At the time of the draft, after the Westbrook trade, I have multiple posts saying they should target SG or PG. In one post I said maybe Springer. Again, it's about strategy. I honestly don't know why you've latched onto this. I have always said not to expect much this season from any rookie they would've drafted. 

12 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

You’re just upset that your anti-Christ got promoted today

This is a classic Ted move. The Wiz been good for a month and a half and he promotes people. Nevermind that Shep's plan was to keep Westbrook. 

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

This is a classic Ted move. The Wiz been good for a month and a half and he promotes people. Nevermind that Shep's plan was to keep Westbrook. 

Agreed, this is premature.  He wanted Brooks back too.  Scotty, in the most Scott Brooks of moves, talked his way out of a contract extension.  

16 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Premature?  He’s been with the team since 2003 and he’s been the acting GM since April 2019.

Cool your jets, boys.

Premature as far as an extension goes. The message after last season was that the expectation was to go beyond the playin game. Obviously Ted is utterly full of **** and didn't mean it cause there is no harm in letting a season play out. He's been the official GM for a couple of years now. The "acting" part was removed in fall of 2019. 

Edited by Hersh

We still have to figure out how to juggle the rotation between six forwards when Rui comes back.  Bryant I would leave on the bench when he gets back.  Probably send Kispert to the bench because it can't be Avdija or Kuzma taking a minutes cut.  KCP will be fine continuing to split time between the 2 and 3 because Beal and Dinwiddie aren't taking up as many of the guard minutes as expected.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

We still have to figure out how to juggle the rotation between six forwards when Rui comes back.  Bryant I would leave on the bench when he gets back.  Probably send Kispert to the bench because it can't be Avdija or Kuzma taking a minutes cut.  KCP will be fine continuing to split time between the 2 and 3 because Beal and Dinwiddie aren't taking up as many of the guard minutes as expected.

You gotta play Bryant if he looks good in practice. He can be an asset to potentially move and a fall back if Harrell leaves. 

I'm not sure Rui comes back this season. 

Just now, Hersh said:

You gotta play Bryant if he looks good in practice. He can be an asset to potentially move and a fall back if Harrell leaves. 

I'm not sure Rui comes back this season. 

Fingers crossed.... right now they can slow roll anyone who is coming back with the minutes they play. If Bryant is practicing and responding well, you can get him a few min to start and slowly up it based on how he's playing and how others are playing. I think Unseld isn't going to feel forced to play someone who isn't the hot hand. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Fingers crossed.... right now they can slow roll anyone who is coming back with the minutes they play. If Bryant is practicing and responding well, you can get him a few min to start and slowly up it based on how he's playing and how others are playing. I think Unseld isn't going to feel forced to play someone who isn't the hot hand. 

Yeah, that makes sense.  We’ll get parts of the season where Harrell and/or Gafford need nights off.  And it makes perfect sense to ease Bryant back.  Some nights you can play all three around 16 minutes a game.  Not sure if they’ll have too many looks with two of them on the court at the same time though Bryant was showing that he play on the perimeter some in the bubble.  Getting Bryant his minutes will be easier than getting Davis and Rui their minutes.  But who knows when Rui will be available and if others will be healthy when/if that happens.  I could see the Neto/Holliday combo’s minutes be reduced from 39 a night.  Their depth has been beneficial early with Beal, Davis, and Gafford all missing time early in addition to Rui and Bryant.

Edited by Ball Security