Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

It's not a coincidence that Dinwiddie has had his best games without Beal. 

It’s not.  He spoke on this the other day.  He explained that Brad was going to get his shots, and several other players needed ten each.  So he passes up shots and only get aggressive late by design.  And he’s good with it.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Elvin Hayes was on that team. Just sayin. 

Just now, Destino said:

It’s not.  He spoke on this the other day.  He explained that Brad was going to get his shots, and several other players needed ten each.  So he passes up shots and only get aggressive late by design.  And he’s good with it.  

Trade Beal, let Din be the man. He's way more clutch and everyone knows it. 

• Thumb down 1

11 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Every team needs two guys that can go get a bucket.  Once Beal starts scoring like we all know he can, no one will be complaining.  

The next four games will test how good this team really is.  Charlotte is playing well, Miami is playing well, and we have four games against them in six days.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hersh said:

As much as I thought the FO needed to trade Beal before this season, you can't really break up a team amidst a run like this.  If they crash before the trade deadline, then maybe.  But hard to pull the plug on a team that starts 10-3 unless things take a real u turn.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Destino said:

Every team needs two guys that can go get a bucket.  Once Beal starts scoring like we all know he can, no one will be complaining.  

The next four games will test how good this team really is.  Charlotte is playing well, Miami is playing well, and we have four games against them in six days.  

I'm not a Beal fan at $40 million per. Never will be.  The Hornets cap situation is what the Wiz should be looking to model. 

• Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, CRobi21 said:

I think this is it..

סוגרים

Just gotta sound it out.

https://ulpan.com/how-to-say-defense-in-hebrew/

12 minutes ago, bearrock said:

As much as I thought the FO needed to trade Beal before this season, you can't really break up a team amidst a run like this.  If they crash before the trade deadline, then maybe.  But hard to pull the plug on a team that starts 10-3 unless things take a real u turn.  

I don't care about 13 games or 40 games or one season. I want long term actual success similar to the Caps. 

2 hours ago, Destino said:

Kispert is making me miss Bertans tonight.  

Kispert looked terrible.  Couldn’t even get a shot off.  Didn’t bring anything positive in 11 minutes.  I haven’t seen anything that leads me to believe he will be any good.  He can’t shoot. Fools gold.  I guess we know who won’t be on the floor anymore when Rui gets back.  Avdija on the other hand looks great defensively.  Wow, what a revelation!

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, fullnelson9999 said:

Who or what would you trade him for?  Honest question. 

Depends on the plan for other players but I'd love a Brown for Beal trade now. Anyway, don't want to go to deep into this. Let everyone enjoy this win without me doing my thing lol 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Kispert looked terrible.  Couldn’t even get a shot off.  Didn’t bring anything positive in 11 minutes.  I haven’t seen anything that leads me to believe he will be any good.  He can’t shoot. Fools gold.  I guess we know who won’t be on the floor anymore when Rui gets back.  Avdija on the other hand looks great defensively.  Wow, what a revelation!

Agreed, but Deni looked pretty lost last year too.  Hopefully WUJ can develop him.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hersh said:

Elvin Hayes was on that team. Just sayin. 

This has been my soapbox for decades. Wes was great, one of my favorites, but the star of that team was Elvin Hayes, the most underrated hero in DC sports history.  I remember going to Ticketmaster to procure playoff tickets at that time. I remember a guy getting his tickets and yelling "I'm going to see EEEEEEE!".  He didn't mention Wes, he said E and it was what we were all thinking at the time.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

That franchise never goes anywhere except circles at best and you want to emulate them? Huh?

Talking salary cap wise. The Wiz are up against it now while the Hornets have their cap set up to have room to build around Ball and a couple of others. The moment the Wiz give Beal a supermax and he's making over $40-45 mill per, the harder it is to build a team. This is all based on Ted never going into the luxury tax.