Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Spencer is stealing money from us.  8 points, bro? FFS.

Exactly.

He's slow, can't penetrate, can't finish and really can't defend that well.

Honestly, this team would be so much better with a Dennis Schroeder at pg.

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

You have to excuse ix. He doesn't actually watch sports lolol.

Yeah, I've noticed lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m good with Spencer deferring some shots, but he gets to the rim easily when he wants to… why can’t he drive and then pass?  He spends three quarters every night doing nothing.  Sometimes he can turn it back on, and sometimes he can’t.  

Neto and Holiday do more for the first three quarters every game than Spencer.  That just can’t be.  We need him and Beal attacking to force opposing defenses to move their feet.  

WUJ has to find a way to get the offense to stop being garbage.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Spencer is stealing money from us.  8 points, bro? FFS.

this is what happens when I compliment a player. I take it all back Din. 

1 hour ago, Destino said:

I’m good with Spencer deferring some shots, but he gets to the rim easily when he wants to… why can’t he drive and then pass?  He spends three quarters every night doing nothing.  Sometimes he can turn it back on, and sometimes he can’t.  

Neto and Holiday do more for the first three quarters every game than Spencer.  That just can’t be.  We need him and Beal attacking to force opposing defenses to move their feet.  

WUJ has to find a way to get the offense to stop being garbage.  

gotta give it more time but the biggest storyline of the season so far is how inconsistent the backcourt is. That was supposed to be the biggest strength of the starting lineup. 
it’s been covered up by Harrell being a beast and a couple of late game heroics to steal a few games but it’s problematic. 

Edited by Hersh

12 hours ago, Hersh said:

this is what happens when I compliment a player. I take it all back Din. 

gotta give it more time but the biggest storyline of the season so far is how inconsistent the backcourt is. That was supposed to be the biggest strength of the starting lineup. 
it’s been covered up by Harrell being a beast and a couple of late game heroics to steal a few games but it’s problematic. 

I think coach’s offense is an issue.  He’s gotten guys to buy into ball movement but the implementation isn’t right.  Beal and Dinwiddie shouldn’t be deferring shots, thats not what ball movement is for.  It’s not about shot distribution, but shot quality.  Our guards should be playing down hill all game and taking every great look, and passing when there’s a better option.  Spencer is basically sitting out three quarters to make the shot distribution look right.  That’s bad.

The other issue is that the off ball movement is ****.  A total mess.  hard to miss how many turnovers they have each game because the guy dribbling has no good passing lanes.  They end up heaving a pass across the court that gets picked.  Worse yet, it happens on inbounds frequently too.  

Im not saying WUJ is bad, but it’s clear to me that his offense is very much a work in progress.  

• Like 2