Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

3 hours ago, Rocky21 said:

This is only his second year in the league but I already have an irrational hatred of LaMelo Ball. 😁

He's got one of those punchable faces.  

He's really damn good, though.  Fun to watch play.  

9 hours ago, Destino said:

I think coach’s offense is an issue.  He’s gotten guys to buy into ball movement but the implementation isn’t right.  Beal and Dinwiddie shouldn’t be deferring shots, thats not what ball movement is for.  It’s not about shot distribution, but shot quality.  Our guards should be playing down hill all game and taking every great look, and passing when theirs a better option.  Spencer is basically sitting out three quarters to make the shot distribution look right.  That’s bad.

The other issue is that the off ball movement is ****.  A total mess.  hard to miss how many turnovers they have each game because the guy dribbling has no good passing lanes.  They end up heaving a pass across the court that gets picked.  Worse yet, it happens on inbounds frequently too.  

Im not saying WUJ is bad, but it’s clear to me that his offense is very much a work in progress.  

I don't disagree with any of this but the shooting has been cold for these two games against the Hornets, too.

Now the other night when they shot like .03% from 3 and didn't make any adjustments, I'd put that on WUJ, too.  Telling your guys that what they're doing isn't working and to stop hiking up 3s when no one's hitting them...that's gotta happen.  And if it did happen, they didn't listen.

Dinwiddie's lack of aggressiveness is perplexing.  He's a decent scorer, but he defers to Beal too much, too.

I wonder what changed with Rui. WUJ was openly wondering where he’d fit in the rotation because things were going so well, and Shep said he’d practice with the Go-Go.  Now Rui practicing with the Wizards!  

Maybe seeing the offense turn into a pumpkin has changed, or accelerated, the timeline?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Destino said:

I wonder what changed with Rui. WUJ was openly wondering where he’d fit in the rotation because things were going so well, and Shep said he’d practice with the Go-Go.  Now Rui practicing with the Wizards!  

Maybe seeing the offense turn into a pumpkin has changed, or accelerated, the timeline?

Maybe Shep realizes he needs a better guard rotation and ultimately moving one of the 18 PFs on the roster makes some sense. 

3 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

They are who we thought they were?

I said 8 seed was their ceiling before the season started, I may end up being right.

They might still win this game, but they were never a 10-3 type team. To their credit, they've pulled out a few games they had no business winning, but this could just as easily be a .500 or worse team right now. 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

we suck again

Is he still the best coach in DC, has he kinda maxed out a roster full of folks that can't shoot?

6 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Bertans 1-9 from 3?

You don’t see shooting like that everyday.

He's the new Otto Porter, he HAS to go. 

Edited by Renegade7