Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I think the plays at the end of halves and games has also seemed different or at least less predictable.  It looks like actual plays are being drawn up on the dry erase board.  Of course this may be a natural result of a more balanced offense.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

WUJ has already proven he's a real good coach with how much he's turned around our defense. Its not like we're gonna go 72-10, if the team finishes with 50 wins that's a huge success but even that would mean 32 losses.

I think I'm jaded from experience but if we get 50 wins I'll soil myself. Even the success we're having right now does not allow me to dream of a 50 win season. I think we're on pace for 48 as it stands today and if I had to make a prediction right now I'd go with 45. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chachie said:

I think I'm jaded from experience but if we get 50 wins I'll soil myself. Even the success we're having right now does not allow me to dream of a 50 win season. I think we're on pace for 48 as it stands today and if I had to make a prediction right now I'd go with 45. 

I believe we are on pace for 53 wins.  (They plan on 82 this year, right?). We have 13 wins at basically the quarter mark.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Time to end that San Antonio drought tonight!

image.gif.a6d7a87f4d55e9241247069a3afbac14.gif

Complete stinker..

15 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'll watch the recording if we win, football team comes first.

Just delete it. Probably their worst performance of the year. Totally flat. Embarrassing.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

So you are saying they are better without Beal? 🤨

What it means, imo, is that Spencer is differing to role player too much when Brad is available to do the heavy lifting.  It also explains the up and down nature of the teams fortunes thus far.  You need your big guns to consistently hunt their shots.  Which role player has a good night is expected to vary wildly, and so far we’ve seen that.  KCP is on one night, Kuz the other.  Spencer is getting paid the big bucks now and he needs to play like it.  We need him putting up numbers every night or at least trying to. 

WUJ needs to figure out how to light a fire under his ass.

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

I just don't understand how this team lost to Charlotte, Pelicans, and Spurs

These are not exactly stacked teams

The Wiz are a decent team, but it's a team that could easily be .500 or worse. So losing to some bad teams, (Charlotte is solid) and beating some good teams, will be the norm this season. 

Dinwiddie numbers are easily explained by watching the games.  Dude stands around and does nothing for three quarters every night.  A point guard that doesn’t dribble, doesn’t improve the shot quality of his teammates and doesn’t create great looks for himself either.