Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I love him as a coach, his commitment to defense is legit.  

I'm not sure what happened tonight defensively, there were lapses all over the place.  You don't figure out a defense like that, they jus weren't as committed or communicating, they looked checked out on defense. 

Took this team for granted maybe, they arent good enough to be doing that. 

Same time, our three point shooting is terrible.  Like has been pointed out, opponents are focusing on the paint and daring us to shot threes.  That's talent, thats the gm.  I love Dani, but when he gets the ball, I assume he's gonna miss it, and it kills the offense, for example.

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I love him as a coach, his commitment to defense is legit.  

I'm not sure what happened tonight defensively, there were lapses all over the place.  You don't figure out a defense like that, they jus weren't as committed or communicating, they looked checked out on defense. 

Took this team for granted maybe, they arent good enough to be doing that. 

Same time, our three point shooting is terrible.  Like has been pointed out, opponents are focusing on the paint and daring us to shot threes.  That's talent, thats the gm.  I love Dani, but when he gets the ball, I assume he's gonna miss it, and it kills the offense, for example.

Think we’ll learn a bit more about young Wes now. It’s easy to coach when things are going well, it’s the good coaches that get the team back on track when they hit a rough patch. See how the players respond to Wes Jr will go a long way, imo, to showing what kind of coach he is.

Now, realizing that this is just his first couple months as the head honcho, I believe he’ll be learning as much as anyone else, but good coaches have an instinctive way of getting the troops to rally together when things aren’t going your way, in order to make the down times manageable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

It's not a good sign that it happened and Wiz came out soft again in a game. 

I mean, they allowed 72 points in first half against New Orleans.  Thats down to 54 against the Thunder and we have the lead.  Should we be clown pounding them?  Idk, we really don't have the shooters to consistently clown pound anyway. 

Think of how many of our early games during the early part of season was jus being better or gutting it out.  Theres not much margin for error with how bad we are at shooting threes, and you can't coach that.

Edited by Renegade7

Escaping against a garbage team isn’t good.  Too many turnovers.  

Dinwiddie took fewer shots than Deni, and finished with just two assists.  Dude is just piling up games where he spends 90% of the game doing nothing.  He’s the point guard on this team!  It’s no wonder the offense is struggling when their starting point guard won’t dribble the damn ball.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I mean, they allowed 72 points in first half against New Orleans.  Thats down to 54 against the Thunder and we have the lead.  Should we be clown pounding them?  Idk, we really don't have the shooters to consistently clown pound anyway. 

Think of how many of our early games during the early part of season was jus being better or gutting it out.  Theres not much margin for error with how bad we are at shooting threes, and you can't coach that.

I think when I posted that OKC was at 47 at the 5:30 or so TO. Their scoring slowed considerably after that. 

Let me ask you guys, what is Deni's primary position? I get there is positionless basketball to a point, but I'm just curious what y'all think. 

1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:

Don't understand Deni getting buried on the bench in the 4th qtr these last few games..

Who do you take out?  They had their starters in until the final minute when the pulled Gafford for Deni.  Then SGA went uncontested down the lane for a dunk.

I think this was one of Deni’s better offensive games.  He took his guy off the dribble and hit a 15 ft pull-up.  Nailed an open three.

47 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I think when I posted that OKC was at 47 at the 5:30 or so TO. Their scoring slowed considerably after that. 

Let me ask you guys, what is Deni's primary position? I get there is positionless basketball to a point, but I'm just curious what y'all think. 

He makes the lineup versatile.

He’s a point forward ala Pippen.  A guy who can guard 2-5.  

You can go big with him at the 3 and Rui/Kuz at 4, and Gafford/ Harrell at the 5.

Or you can go small like they did at the end of the game tonight and have him and Kuz/Bertans be your 4/5 with Dinwiddie, Beal, and KCP on the perimeter.

• Thanks 2