Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=14808519

Zach Lowe's & Marc Stein discussing the trade deadline, the Wizards portion starts a little in the 28th minute (the entire thing is worth a listen if you're a basketball fan, Lowe & Stein are really good at what they do)

cliff notes:

- Lowe & Stein wouldn't add him to a team because of legal and character issues, although Lowe at           least likes his game, Stein not as much.

- Many teams complained about the price Phoenix put on Morris

- Lowe pretty much says Phoenix knew they could take advantage of the Wizards being desperate 

Edited by StillUnknown

Ernie being desperate? I feel like we've seen that movie 3-4 times now. 

In some respects, you have to admire his ability to save his skin. Every time, the bells starts tolling he pulls just enough out of his hat to make ownership give him another go. 

Coming at ya live from the rooftop pool of the Viceroy in downtown Miami! Keep an eye out on CSN for us tonight. We are about 15 rows up mid-court. I'll be the old fat guy in the Wall jersey and my brother will be the tall young guy in the Pierce jersey. We gonna get rowdy, so I'm sure they'll show us at some point.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 3

In some respects, you have to admire his ability to save his skin. Every time, the bells starts tolling he pulls just enough out of his hat to make ownership give him another go.

Nobody but Ted would have stuck with him this long. Ernie is fortunate to work with the most loyal and conservative owner in the NBA.

Couldn't disagree more, he's a fantastic use of a roster spot. The problem is the guys ahead of him on the roster. Particularly that there aren't enough of them.

I agree with you, Temple's fine. He's the least of this team's concerns.

What about Al Horford as the plan B to Durant this summer?

I suspect any plan A that is Durant is destined to fail. This debacle of a season has seen to that.

30 year old horford to a 5 year deal?  Sounds about right....LOL.

But seriously, when we whiff on KD, Horford wouldn't be a bad backup plan.  Stretch 5 who can do it all on the offensive end.  I wouldn't be mad. 

Bigger questions are about the coach and GM. 

I'll ****ing riot if Mark Jackson is hired.

30 year old horford to a 5 year deal? Sounds about right....LOL.

But seriously, when we whiff on KD, Horford wouldn't be a bad backup plan. Stretch 5 who can do it all on the offensive end. I wouldn't be mad.

Bigger questions are about the coach and GM.

I'll ****ing riot if Mark Jackson is hired.

If they decide to be interested in Scott Brooks, we'll know they haven't given up hope on KD.

Omg...I paid 200 bucks to see it live from the 18th row.

Garrett Temple is a black hole.

John Wall in the 1st quarter is as bad as any PG ever. 0-5, etc.

Dudley really hustles out there...but he has nothing.

We were down 12 midway through the 1st and we were down 12 midway through the 4th...good night.

3 games in 3 nights...it was awful.

I tried to watch but it was clear the Wizards left their legs on the floor against the Pistons. B2B2B is inexcusable. The league really needs to reduce the number of game significantly. The game is worse and players are more likely to get injured the less rest they get. We know this because science.... but profits says we'll go on pretending otherwise.