Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

He gets no respect in the paint. Teague was getting calls. That clown. Seriously? Tired of seeing Beal get assaulted with no call, James Harden would've shot 30 FT's last night.

Getting respect from officials is earned over time.  John used to get zero respect from refs too but now he usually gets the benefit of the doubt.  Beal is still too young and hasn't established himself as a star yet.  Once he makes a couple of AS games like John did, he'll start getting calls too.  The good news is that he is very good at finishing through contact.  He can hang in the air forever and he's got a strong upper body.

If the Wizards could come out with the same defensive intensity that they showed last night in the 2nd half, then they'll have a good chance to take game 5.  This Hawks team isn't nearly as good as their 60 regular season wins indicate. 

Someone on RealGM said they have the worst SRS of any 60+ win team in league history.  So yeah, they are the weakest 60 win team ever.

Even still, there is no real separation between us, them, Cleveland, and Chicago.  We're all frauds.  With Wall we're legitimately dangerous, but without him, we're in the same boat.  So the Hawks very well could win the East.

The weakness of the other three EC teams is what is really eating me up about the Wall injury.  If he doesn't get hurt, I think we win a short series against both Atlanta and the winner of Cleveland vs Chicago.  A spot in the Finals man... I wouldn't even care that much about getting beaten by the West Champion.  I would be on cloud nine.

The bright side for me is how the team is starting to look like Bad Boys Pistons 2.0 and that we will probably be one of the favorites to win the East next season.

Someone on RealGM said they have the worst SRS of any 60+ win team in league history.  So yeah, they are the weakest 60 win team ever.

Even still, there is no real separation between us, them, Cleveland, and Chicago.  We're all frauds.  With Wall we're legitimately dangerous, but without him, we're in the same boat.  So the Hawks very well could win the East.

The weakness of the other three EC teams is what is really eating me up about the Wall injury.  If he doesn't get hurt, I think we win a short series against both Atlanta and the winner of Cleveland vs Chicago.  A spot in the Finals man... I wouldn't even care that much about getting beaten by the West Champion.  I would be on cloud nine.

The bright side for me is how the team is starting to look like Bad Boys Pistons 2.0 and that we will probably be one of the favorites to win the East next season.

A lot of parity with the remaining playoff teams in the East. 

Paul Pierce is shaping the identiy of the squad.  He's been here less than a year, but he's already one of my top 3 Bullets/Wizards of all-time.

A lot of parity with the remaining playoff teams in the East. 

Paul Pierce is shaping the identiy of the squad.  He's been here less than a year, but he's already one of my top 3 Bullets/Wizards of all-time.

I wish we had gotten more of Pierce's career.  I think he said he'll be back for next season but then he's going to retire.  His game is the kind that lasts forever, I wish he'd keep playing.  But shoot, the moment he retires, I'd gauge his interest on becoming an assistant coach.  Having him around this team has been nothing but good.

• Like 1

Wizards opened the practice court for media then closed it with Wall still in there. The drama…

Wittman said Wall did some dribbling with his left hand and will get the hand examined today or tmrw. The swelling is “minimal.”

Wall just walked off the practice floor breathing heavy and sweating.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Wizards’ Wall dribbles; return for Game 5 remains a possibility

"If he does return before the fractures heal, which would take approximately four to six weeks, Wall would probably play with a splint. The decision will ultimately come down to whether he can withstand the pain and is willing to risk having the fractures become displaced, which would require a longer recovery period and possibly surgery."

Would be awesome if they were just hairline fractures.

Just to have Wall out there on defense would huge for us right now. He doesn't have to play his normal 40 minute, hard in the paint style.

Wiz in 6.

I just don't think it's worth the risk. Without a healthy Wall an already remote chance at a title has basically become impossible. There's no need to mess his hand up worse when the future looks so bright.

There is really no comparison to RG3, a few small fractures aren't something that will affect Wall long term. That said, I'd be surprised if he came back before either team is on the brink of elimination. 

They will if they become full breaks.

Should I say they have the potential to ?