Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

A younger Kobe could have maybe carried this team to more wins. I mean he did play on some pretty bad Lakers team post Shaq. They were starting Chris Mihm, Kwame Brown, Smush Parker etc but still made the playoffs.

We now have an old, aging Kobe, who can't take over games like he used to, but he's still jacking away at a historical rate. If he was held accountable by the coaching staff, he wouldn't shoot this much. Worst of all, some of the shots he's taking are just awful. Quality and quantity are both terrible. But I guarantee you he's enjoying the **** out of this.

Who knows... maybe they are going for that top lottery pick and this is their strategy.

I don't think the Lakers are really interested in a long term build done through the draft. I also don't think they really have concrete long term plans for a build. I think their goals are to put a team on the floor that can make money right now regardless of how competitive it is, and then wait for a summer where big name FAs will be available. If they get high picks, they'll use them to draft players that they're hoping will be trade assets. The real hope is that Kobe will keep going for as long as he can and then snare a Russell Westbrook or Kevin Love in free agency.

Nevermind that this isn't a real team building plan. At least, not a good one.

Just tell her it's the guy who was married to Kim for a couple months. She'll know who you're talking about then

You know it. I told my young nephews I had tricked a girl into watching pro basketball on TV with me and they looked at me like I had discovered the cure for cancer.

You know it. I told my young nephews I had tricked a girl into watching pro basketball on TV with me and they looked at me like I had discovered the cure for cancer.

You're a better man than me. It's weird. I take such pride in coming from tbe diversity and openness of DC and the DMV. Like it's a core element of who I am as a man, as a person. But for some reason, I can't do women and sports. It's like nails on a chalkboard, just an automatic reaction. And I hate myself for it. I don't know, maybe the nanny used to beat me as a toddler with the Bullets on in the background or something.

Chucking bad shots is bad basketball period. That doesn't help the Lakers win. That's one of the biggest reasons they suck.

Kobe (and others) shot the Lakers out of the game last night. And he didn't play defense well. He's contributing to their losses.

Also- It was Kobe who turned the ball over twice in the final minute, letting the Wiz helps themselves to 2 fast break dunks and a 4 point play. 

God I loved the end of that game.

That laker team is awful and it didn't have to be this bad. They picked these players. I have no idea what that front office is doing.

They are going to have a TON of cash next season. That's why they have so many players with expiring contracts.

The Lakers aren't trying to win. They're trying to make money. And to that end, Kobe just being out on the floor works.

Come on...it's the Lakers. They would make money if JMU took the floor wearing Lakers gear.

They are trying to win. They simply don't have the discipline or talent to do so.

You underestimate Kobe's drive if you think they aren't trying. Beyond that Coach and Kobe are really good friends, to the point where Coach could say anything he wants to Kobe.

The Lakers knew they were going into a reload situation after they couldn't get LeBron and Love. Not to say they won't get them next season.