Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you given up on the 2010 Washington Redskins already???

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

For the record, I haven't given up hope on them, but I don't blame anyone that has. This was a chance for us to prove we had turned a chapter in our franchise's history, and we blew it. But all is not lost: we still have 1 more division win then all of last year, and if we win next week we'll be 2-0 and sitting at .500 on top of the division. Penalties killed us, but I like what I saw from Portis in the first half, he CAN still make those cuts needed in shanny's rushing offense. But o-line has got to get a better hold on this zone blocking scheme and we've gotta play smarter football overall. Gonna watch it again, for good measure, but I'm dissapointed by the now "official message board of the Washingston Redskins" members who've given up by week 3.

I'm not here to convert, just curious how thin the bandwagon has already gotten considering how many posters are spreading doom and gloom all over the message board now...

I really think eventually the offense will begin to come around, but the fact that defense is god awful right now makes ready to throw in the towel. We made a rookie qb look like a Pro Bowler. We should've stayed in the 4-3 for at least one more year. We can't stop the run or the pass, so the only way we're going to win games is to win shootouts.

Everyone has, we will win 1 game this year. I swear, so many people on ES just sitting on there computer waiting for the Redskins to lose so they can come on here and bash away. There are so many fans on here who love when we lose so they can whine, ***** and tell everyone I told you we suck. We are 1-2.....same with the Cowboys (who we beat) and the Giants. Yes....1-2. It's not the end of the world. The team will hit practice and film and come out next Sunday with a new gameplan and some fixes on defense. I wonder how many people we will disappoint on here next weekend if we beat the Eagles. I'm betting tons.

I really never expected much either.. Were running a new program and dont have the right personnel.. But after reading all the threads/posts and squeaking by Dallas, I started to hope I was wrong, but then came the 2nd half of game 2.. It's been a hurtfull wakeup call ever since.. Maybe in 2012.. (IF we stay the rebuild course and dont fire the coach every other year)

Kubstix, believe it or not, you can do both!! Post happy thoughts if we win, and vent your frustration when we loose! That's why we have forums..

I mean, I was ready for a rebuild after last season's debacle. Let's see if we can find that up and coming young head coach.. Let's see if we can draft that franchise QB who will lead us for the next decade.

But we didn't do that. We went with the old hand at head coach. We traded for the veteran QB. We unveiled a motto of "The Future is Now." Alright, I'm on board, let's get it done now! No Superbowl, I'm sure, this year, but a palpable change. After all, no more bumbling head coach and ineffectual quarterback leading us. We should at least look like we know what we're doing, like we're a prepared football team week in and week out.

The Cowboys game was ugly, but last year's team would have lost that game. It was troubling that we got so badly outplayed when it mattered against the Texans, at home, but I ignored the similarities to last year's Saints game and figured we'd taken a stride forward, and this game would be a chance to show how important it is to have competent professionals at the helm.

Sorry, no professionals here. Just the same mumbling, bumbling, mess of crap it's always been. It's only week 3, but it was only week 3 last year when the Lions whupped us, and you had the feeling the season was in the toilet bowl waiting to get flushed. I don't see anything this year that makes me feel any different. I understand much of the personnel's the same, but a lot of the stuff you'd expect an allegedly decent coach to have affected hasn't improved. Maybe it will in the next 2-3 years if personnel improves, but I just can't hold out much hope for this season. This was one of the few "easy" games on the schedule, and we just got handled. I'd love to be wrong, but I don't think I am.

So long story short, yes, I've given up on this season, although I'll be sitting in front of the TV next week, and the week after, and the week after, with my jersey on hoping against hope and getting crushed the same way I always do year after year.

Dude...I GUARANTEE that everyone talking about our team will lose the next 3 games and will finish 4-12...will still be right back here for the next 3 weeks acting like we are supposed to win :ols:

And if we pull off an upset...everyone will be high again. People just have to accept that the Redskins are unpredictable...they'll surprise everyone with a 27-10 lead against a team they're not supposed to beat...then lose as expected unless they ever learn to finish

Everyone is talking about how bad our 3-4 system is. I don't see the issue being the 3-4 because I like the scheme in and of itself. It's how it fits with our team. I'm assuming everyone didn't expect us to win the Super Bowl this year...so I say that no matter what goes into this season, draft and sign some players that fit the 3-4...substitute people like Andre Carter in when needed to play D-line(more depth on our roster), and build this team more for another run. If we succeed in 2011 or 2012....no one will remember this

Everyone has, we will win 1 game this year. I swear, so many people on ES just sitting on there computer waiting for the Redskins to lose so they can come on here and bash away. There are so many fans on here who love when we lose so they can whine, ***** and tell everyone I told you we suck. We are 1-2.....same with the Cowboys (who we beat) and the Giants. Yes....1-2. It's not the end of the world. The team will hit practice and film and come out next Sunday with a new gameplan and some fixes on defense. I wonder how many people we will disappoint on here next weekend if we beat the Eagles. I'm betting tons.

I know there are some people that are just trolls and bash just to bash...but come on, what do you expect the board to be? A shining beacon of hope and confidence? This team has sucked so much for so long, why would anyone come on here and be positive? How could anyone be positive? We've seen this same crap play out year after year after year. It's getting to the point where it's not the coaches, it's not the QB's, it's not the high priced vets or the rookies, it's not the trainer, not the fans, not the stadium, not the band, hell, it may not even be the owner (remember how much we sucked for the last half-decade of JKC's life, and how we weren't exactly great when his son was running the team). This franchise is just stuck in a deep dank suckhole.

I mean, I was ready for a rebuild after last season's debacle. Let's see if we can find that up and coming young head coach.. Let's see if we can draft that franchise QB who will lead us for the next decade.

But we didn't do that. We went with the old hand at head coach. We traded for the veteran QB. We unveiled a motto of "The Future is Now." Alright, I'm on board, let's get it done now! No Superbowl, I'm sure, this year, but a palpable change. After all, no more bumbling head coach and ineffectual quarterback leading us. We should at least look like we know what we're doing, like we're a prepared football team week in and week out.

The Cowboys game was ugly, but last year's team would have lost that game. It was troubling that we got so badly outplayed when it mattered against the Texans, at home, but I ignored the similarities to last year's Saints game and figured we'd taken a stride forward, and this game would be a chance to show how important it is to have competent professionals at the helm.

Sorry, no professionals here. Just the same mumbling, bumbling, mess of crap it's always been. It's only week 3, but it was only week 3 last year when the Lions whupped us, and you had the feeling the season was in the toilet bowl waiting to get flushed. I don't see anything this year that makes me feel any different. I understand much of the personnel's the same, but a lot of the stuff you'd expect an allegedly decent coach to have affected hasn't improved. Maybe it will in the next 2-3 years if personnel improves, but I just can't hold out much hope for this season. This was one of the few "easy" games on the schedule, and we just got handled. I'd love to be wrong, but I don't think I am.

So long story short, yes, I've given up on this season, although I'll be sitting in front of the TV next week, and the week after, and the week after, with my jersey on hoping against hope and getting crushed the same way I always do year after year.

I'm not so sure if he's just a "decent" coach. And drafting a new Qb and new head coach is just as risky as drafting a Championship coach and a successful veteran QB. They could both be busts....with the first being more of a risk than the other imo

The way I look at it is...unless you were expecting championship this year...then we continue to build. Draft LBs to suit the 3-4 defense...sign some corners...get some RBs...instead of starting from scratch we could have a good team in 2011 and after and THEN we can draft a rookie Qb who will inherit a talented team. Joe Flacco, Mark Sanchez, Aaron Rogers...not all franchise Qbs inherit horrible teams

I certainly wouldn't give up on the Skins in week 3... if for nothing else my own selfish reasons of wanting to enjoy some more redskins football. The thing is though I had them at 8-8 going into this game for the season and had this game down as a win... my expectations aren't as high as they were but you never know. The NFL is unpredictable.

Archived