Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you given up on the 2010 Washington Redskins already???

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

We are looking at a must win next week...yes....a must win in week 4. Sad!

This is the problem right here. Some of you guys are just too unrealistic. This team was 4-12 for a reason. I was expecting between 7 and 9 wins, and to be honest, we looked like a 3-13 team today. Even though Shanahan sold ( some of )the publIc on the expectations to compete for a super bowl, I wasn't buying it. We have a lot of holes to fill, and it WILL NOT happen overnight. We are in for a tough stretch, and we knew this before the season started, looking at the schedule, so just chill out.

Given up on what? I never expected them to make the playoffs anyway, but I also didn't expect them to get punked by a team that had previously lost 26 of their last 27 games.

This

To answer the question - yes the 2010 season is over. Look at many of you - you did not expect the Redskins to even make the playoffs. If that is the case, then didn't you give up before the season began?

The defense was better last year. This team has major age issues, and random lapses in common sense that makes the team defeat itself. I said last week that if they blew that game to Houston after being up all game, it would sink their morale and the entire season. So far it has not only done that, but made the Texans a little overconfident and lazy against Dallas, who scored a win as result. Reed Doughty needs to be benched or traded or sent elsewhere. The OL is inconsistent. Haynesworth is eating a lot of salary and is currently nearly useless. McNabb will NOT be resigning here, leaving a QB void once again.

This team is not only sunk now, but the future looks awful. Too much fail and it's gonna take a while to replace the crap with talent.

Everyone has, we will win 1 game this year. I swear, so many people on ES just sitting on there computer waiting for the Redskins to lose so they can come on here and bash away. There are so many fans on here who love when we lose so they can whine, ***** and tell everyone I told you we suck. We are 1-2.....same with the Cowboys (who we beat) and the Giants. Yes....1-2. It's not the end of the world. The team will hit practice and film and come out next Sunday with a new gameplan and some fixes on defense. I wonder how many people we will disappoint on here next weekend if we beat the Eagles. I'm betting tons.

In a sense I understand everyone's reaction. I think some are over the top as usual...but I think others would be less dramatic if the game was closer..instead the Rams trumped our defense. Put it this way...we're probably gonna be seen as underdogs for the rest of the season. We don't play the "Favorites" role very well

That said I haven't given up entirely. Every team in the NFC East can win or lose any game in the next couple of weeks. We're expected to lose the next 3 games...I wouldn't count us out entirely and think we can win...but it's unpredictable. Quite frankly...I'm not willing to predict any game...Skins games are unpredictable

I still have hope, but I feel a lot differently now than i did about a week ago at halftime during the Texans game...

A lot of adjustments need to be made on both sides of the ball, and I really don't think were a playoff team right now. A lot of football left to be played, but we've got a tough 3-game stretch ahead of us that I'm afraid might leave us at 1-5, and completely demoralized.

I still have hope, but I feel a lot differently now than i did about a week ago at halftime during the Texans game...

A lot of adjustments need to be made on both sides of the ball, and I really don't think were a playoff team right now. A lot of football left to be played, but we've got a tough 3-game stretch ahead of us that I'm afraid might leave us at 1-5, and completely demoralized.

Agreed! Let's hope we can make some of those adjustments.

I'm not so sure if he's just a "decent" coach. And drafting a new Qb and new head coach is just as risky as drafting a Championship coach and a successful veteran QB. They could both be busts....with the first being more of a risk than the other imo

The way I look at it is...unless you were expecting championship this year...then we continue to build. Draft LBs to suit the 3-4 defense...sign some corners...get some RBs...instead of starting from scratch we could have a good team in 2011 and after and THEN we can draft a rookie Qb who will inherit a talented team. Joe Flacco, Mark Sanchez, Aaron Rogers...not all franchise Qbs inherit horrible teams

Well, first of all, if Shanahan is even a DECENT head coach, then there's no way we get outplayed this badly in this game, period. There is no excuse for a professional football team to look that bad. And I know a good head coach can't change talent, and he inherited a 4-12 team, but with quality coaching there should have been noticeable improvement in some areas. For example, a quality coach's teams shouldn't be getting dominated in the second half, because they should be able to make adjustments. A well-coached team shouldn't be making crucial mistakes at crucial parts of the game. I don't see much difference, yet, between how this team is being coached this year and how it went last year.

Second, I know getting a young coach and drafting a QB is risky. But I'd rather that and the team try to build something than going the route they did if this is the result. Shouldn't a championship coach and a successful QB be getting a LOT better results than this?

Was I expecting a championship this year? Maybe not...although I think I would have been entitled after they told me "The Future is Now" to try to get me to buy expensive club seats. But, judging from this, I think we're WAY more than a year away from being "good." And let's not forget, McNabb hasn't signed yet, and there's no reason for him too if it's apparent this is a rebuild. Look at all the areas you listed that they have to work on. And you forgot we need to add talent to the offensive line AND depth, so that that rookie QB we draft doesn't get slaughtered, because you saw what happened today with that long-neglected o-line.

Way too early to give up. If we win next week, we lead the NFC east. We sucked today, but we've already beaten one division rival who in theory should have creamed us, so who's to say we won't do it again?

The fact that our defense is on tape for all to see now IMO says it all. Dallas was surprised in week 1, everyone else hasn't been, and won't be, until we fix whatever the hell is going on.

No, I haven't given up, but I am beginning to take losses like this not as badly. .

Same here. Its kinda weird really. Like, as a whole, the Skins have been so bad for so long, that I'm almost becoming numb when the Redskins suck. I wear my heart on my sleeve when it comes to the 'Skins, and every time they lose I am absolutely devastated. But today I hardly yelled, face palmed, and ran around the house as much as I normally do. LOL

The fact that our defense is on tape for all to see now IMO says it all. Dallas was surprised in week 1, everyone else hasn't been, and won't be, until we fix whatever the hell is going on.

Dallas moved the ball against us pretty well. They just shot themselves in the foot a ton and were too dumb to keep running the ball down our throats.

Many, if not all, NFL teams lose games they should win.

It is depressing to watch games like this, but sadly I am not as upset as I might have been in the past.

For me, I think part of it is I had low expectations. I expected 8-8 this year, and frankly I would not be surprised if we go 7-9 (nor would I be surprised if all 4 teams in our division finished 7-9)

I do think we have a lot of work left to do, but I am willing to enjoy the wins and try to take positives from the loses.

There is not much to take from games like one we saw today, but I do not think this team is doomed this year.

We have made made FO decisions for many years. One good off-season can not make up for all the bad ones we have had recently (and that does not even account for injuries, which can happen to anyone at anytime)

In short, I do not think it is time to start the fan protests. I think it is understandable to be upset, but this team is still a work in progress.

I do hope this hurts the players as much as it does the fans and I hope D.Hall can STFU and just do work and not TALK about doing work.

"never give up never surrender" < movie quote not sure what movie.

I think the movie is called Never Give Up haha that was the token "say the movie title in the movie" moment.

..but yeah I've given up on this team being any better than 6 wins. I'm just watching to see if they will turn it around, but I doubt it.

I predicted 9-7 and 7th place. Last week, I predicted same record and between 6th and 8th place. Now, I think 8-8 at best and if we continue to play the way we have 5-6 wins this year isn't shocking.

I think reality has hit. It is clear it is going to take 2-3 years of a complete roster overhaul to transform this team into a consistent playoff/superbowl contending team.

We just don't have all the pieces and reshaping the defense to 3-4 this year basically has taken our strength and destroyed it. Now, the future 3-4 defense may be among the best but it is going to be a painful transition.

I'm also not sure Donny is here long term. Since it is going to take 2-3 years; will Donny want to be here or do we really want him. If we going to have to take our lumps then maybe it's best to do it with a young QB. Donny can replace Brett Farve in Minny next year.

I'll still hold out hope since it's early in the season but I don't see playoffs. I think we could lose the next 3 or 4 games which will be a hole that will kill this season.

I think if Michael Vick continues to play the way he has been, Philly will win the division. I see Dallas at least contending for the division or a wild card. I see Green Bay, Chicago, Atlanta and New Orleans probably all being playoff teams.

I just hope we are better team the second half of the year that will propel us in 2011 or 2012 if there's a lockout.

Archived