Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you given up on the 2010 Washington Redskins already???

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Who still thinks this is an 8-8 team? How are we squeezing 7 more wins out of this schedule?

I just asked that in chat earlier. They might beat the Bucs and Lions and Giants once. Perhaps one other game, assuming they win those. Five wins is all I see for a team that struggled with a terrible Rams team.

Well, first of all, if Shanahan is even a DECENT head coach, then there's no way we get outplayed this badly in this game, period. There is no excuse for a professional football team to look that bad. And I know a good head coach can't change talent, and he inherited a 4-12 team, but with quality coaching there should have been noticeable improvement in some areas. For example, a quality coach's teams shouldn't be getting dominated in the second half, because they should be able to make adjustments. A well-coached team shouldn't be making crucial mistakes at crucial parts of the game. I don't see much difference, yet, between how this team is being coached this year and how it went last year.

Second, I know getting a young coach and drafting a QB is risky. But I'd rather that and the team try to build something than going the route they did if this is the result. Shouldn't a championship coach and a successful QB be getting a LOT better results than this?

Was I expecting a championship this year? Maybe not...although I think I would have been entitled after they told me "The Future is Now" to try to get me to buy expensive club seats. But, judging from this, I think we're WAY more than a year away from being "good." And let's not forget, McNabb hasn't signed yet, and there's no reason for him too if it's apparent this is a rebuild. Look at all the areas you listed that they have to work on. And you forgot we need to add talent to the offensive line AND depth, so that that rookie QB we draft doesn't get slaughtered, because you saw what happened today with that long-neglected o-line.

Three things. First...are you suggesting that no good coach has ever lost to a bad team? That there have never been upsets? Again if the team does well next year..or finish the season well...you think anyone will be crying over this still? The NFL is a snapshot league...

Second...no..not really. Bill Walsh and Aaron Rogers together wouldn't have won this game with the way we played and the lack of depth on our roster. So as good as Shanny and McNabb are...though I didn't expect to lose against the Rams...if we beat a great team what does that make them? Suddenly good again? For every good Qb drafted...there have been a million busts. I'm not saying drafts aren't important, but there are many teams that have been "rebuilding" for years and have seen nothing...zip...zero. I'll take a coach who knows what he's doing anyday. He may slip up but he'll have great moments as well

Third..."the future is now" is...quite frankly what every team needs. For teams that have CONFIDENCE in themselves the future is now. They don't always have an allstar cast...but they know that next season isn't guaranteed...or the year after that...or the year after that. So they push to go all the way every year and if you fail...continue to build the team. If you ask me....the "We will suck for 2 or 3 years and then be good after" mentality is more delusional than "the future is now" mentality. By that time a key team member may get injured...several teams may become just as great...every season is unpredictable. That is why every team does..or should start the season with a championship in mind. If you fall short...BUILD...but still try.

So...I'll never knock a win now mentality. I want a team and a staff that aims to win and believes they can win no matter what

Who still thinks this is an 8-8 team? How are we squeezing 7 more wins out of this schedule?

I TOTALLY AGREE!!

I'm all for being positive, but come on!! Redskins have the 8th toughest schedule in the league this year. Today's game against the Rams was supposed to be one of our "gimme" games. But you see how it turned out. Just like Detroit last year, and we've gotta play them later this season.

Unless there are some MAJOR adjustments on defense, there's absolutely no frigging way the Skins go 8-8. I'd love to see that happen, but its not going to.

I think reality has hit. It is clear it is going to take 2-3 years of a complete roster overhaul to transform this team into a consistent playoff/superbowl contending team.

I agree and this is why I do not want McNabb here, nor did I in the first place. All he will do is help us win a few games now we'd be better off losing for draft position. This team needs a LOT of overhaul IMO, and has for years. Start now with Cerrato gone and a chance to not made terribad signings like Haynesworthless. Rebuild, rebuild, rebuild. Get rid of the lazy talentless hearltless hacks.

This defense has been totally exposed. And we know that was pretty much all we had to keep us in games these past few years now.

The D won't get fixed magically and it won't get fixed this year. I just hope Snyder has the vision to trade a few years of premium seat sales and marketing dollars to really and truly start over. Somehow I doubt it.

Everyone has, we will win 1 game this year. I swear, so many people on ES just sitting on there computer waiting for the Redskins to lose so they can come on here and bash away. There are so many fans on here who love when we lose so they can whine, ***** and tell everyone I told you we suck. We are 1-2.....same with the Cowboys (who we beat) and the Giants. Yes....1-2. It's not the end of the world. The team will hit practice and film and come out next Sunday with a new gameplan and some fixes on defense. I wonder how many people we will disappoint on here next weekend if we beat the Eagles. I'm betting tons.

Did you cut and paste this from last week? What adjustments? You can't adjust what you can't fix. No excuse for a loss against the Rams. You don't lose against teams you should beat to a pulp if you expect to be a playoff team. I'm not predicting this team will win or lose any game, but I do know that the Redskins are not very good when you compare them to many teams in the NFL. That said, I thought they'd slaughter the Rams (no pun intended) and they crapped the bed. Not that surprised though. They're just not that good, period.

Three things. First...are you suggesting that no good coach has ever lost to a bad team? That there have never been upsets? Again if the team does well next year..or finish the season well...you think anyone will be crying over this still? The NFL is a snapshot league...

Second...no..not really. Bill Walsh and Aaron Rogers together wouldn't have won this game with the way we played and the lack of depth on our roster. So as good as Shanny and McNabb are...though I didn't expect to lose against the Rams...if we beat a great team what does that make them? Suddenly good again? For every good Qb drafted...there have been a million busts. I'm not saying drafts aren't important, but there are many teams that have been "rebuilding" for years and have seen nothing...zip...zero. I'll take a coach who knows what he's doing anyday. He may slip up but he'll have great moments as well

Third..."the future is now" is...quite frankly what every team needs. For teams that have CONFIDENCE in themselves the future is now. They don't always have an allstar cast...but they know that next season isn't guaranteed...or the year after that...or the year after that. So they push to go all the way every year and if you fail...continue to build the team. If you ask me....the "We will suck for 2 or 3 years and then be good after" mentality is more delusional than "the future is now" mentality. By that time a key team member may get injured...several teams may become just as great...every season is unpredictable. That is why every team does..or should start the season with a championship in mind. If you fall short...BUILD...but still try.

So...I'll never knock a win now mentality. I want a team and a staff that aims to win and believes they can win no matter what

I'm not meaning to suggest good coaches don't lose to bad teams...but I don't think well-coached teams look this overmatched against objectively bad teams. The Redskins have looked like a good team for two quarters this season...the season is still young, but it doesn't bode well. As bad as we all thought the coach was last year, a good coach should have made some palpable improvements, but they haven't, they look just as poorly coached as they did last year. No, I won't be crying over this if the team finishes well this year, and I would LOVE to be wrong about this (and I usually hate to be wrong, or I would if I ever was), but nothing about what I've seen so far gives me any feeling for hope.

Bill Walsh and Aaron Rogers, I thik, would have won this game. I think Bill Walsh would have had this team prepared. This team looked completely out of sorts. It's one thing to lose, it's another to get dominated by, again, a terrible team. Does Shanahan know what he's doing? I had as much confidence coming into this season that he was as good a coach as anyone...but he got run out of Denver for a reason. We'll see if he can turn things around and get this team playing like a PROFESSIONAL team. I mean, it looked like they hadn't even practiced this week, and there is no excuse for that. I'm a results guy, and once I see some palpable results from this "regime change" I'll have a little real hope.

You have to want to win, this team doesn't look like they want to. I'm mad right now but next week I will probably keep cheering them on like this game never happened. I expected 8-8 but losing to the Rams and having mental lapses has been happening for too many years now. Team played uninspired like they were great last year or something. Dallas made the playoffs last year, so did Minnesota. Most of the teams struggling right now had some sort of success last season...

Everyone has, we will win 1 game this year. I swear, so many people on ES just sitting on there computer waiting for the Redskins to lose so they can come on here and bash away. There are so many fans on here who love when we lose so they can whine, ***** and tell everyone I told you we suck. We are 1-2.....same with the Cowboys (who we beat) and the Giants. Yes....1-2. It's not the end of the world. The team will hit practice and film and come out next Sunday with a new gameplan and some fixes on defense. I wonder how many people we will disappoint on here next weekend if we beat the Eagles. I'm betting tons.

I haven't posted on here in a long while, but after reading some of the knee jerk reactions on here I'm absolutely disgusted in some of our fans and their lack of overall reasoning. I agree with some of your points, and can't believe that there are actually people around here who think we were suddenly going to turn things around overnight. We are witnessing the effects of the lack of appropriate player acquisitions, surrendering draft picks, and total disregard towards building a successful team through time (Thanks Snyder and Cerrato). This mess was constructed, if you will, over more than a decade, and it's going to take more than the first 3 games of an entirely new regime to clean up the organization and get the pieces in place for long term success. I'm sticking to what I've told friends of mine all along since the changes and that was 8-8 would be a stretch, 6-10 is more realistic, but what I'm really looking for is the redeveloping of a strained organization from the front office to the field.

And for the record, no I haven't given up on the team or the organization. Yes, we've been brutally tortured over the years but this will take some time.

Ummmmm.......call me a nitpicker, but when your wish is for a 5 win season, you've given up on the season.

Exactly.

But having said that, I don't see 4 more wins on our schedule. The game plan on how to beat this team is out there now. And we're not going to suddenly win an NT, OLB, or another WR in a Virginia Lottery scratch off.

This team is going nowhere -- and I mean nowhere -- until we FULLY REBUILD. That is going to take at least 3 years and it won't be fun, but it has to be done. That means guys like Portis and Moss have to go now while we can still get something respectable in return draft pick-wise. That means building from the lines out around Trent Williams and Brian Orakpo. The thing is, Daniel Snyder has believed the Redskins can "win now" since he bought the team and will never commit to fully rebuilding because it's "bad for business." That's why he's the worst owner in professional sports.

Ummmmm.......call me a nitpicker, but when your wish is for a 5 win season, you've given up on the season.

I agree. Maybe the confusion lies in the definition of "give up"? My definition would be, having no hope of a playoff berth (and thus no possible chance of a SB).

Going by that definition, it sounds like the only people who haven't given up after today's game are the people who already gave up before the season began.

This mess was constructed, if you will, over more than a decade, and it's going to take more than the first 3 games of an entirely new regime to clean up the organization and get the pieces in place for long term success.

Ok, but then what place does McNabb have on this team then? And why invest playing time in Galloway and R.Williams and Dockery and Rabach and all these guys who won't be here long anyway. The problem is we are not actually rebuilding.

I'm sticking to what I've told friends of mine all along since the changes and that was 8-8 would be a stretch, 6-10 is more realistic, but what I'm really looking for is the redeveloping of a strained organization from the front office to the field.

And for the record, no I haven't given up on the team or the organization. Yes, we've been brutally tortured over the years but this will take some time.

I was thinking 8-8 or 7-9 also. But we won 4 because we had a D that kept us in games and a few went our way. That D is gone now. I don't think we'll win 4 this year.

And I would buy the "it will take time" if we hadn't just traded a second (likely a top 40 pick) for a Qb who isn't our long term future anyway.

We were down by 14 points within WHAT the first 7mins. Its hard to win a ball game when you go down by 2 touchdowns even to the rams. Like renegade said too, penalty's killed us. We had to get away from the game plan to quick and the rams beat us. **** it we beat the cowboys and SHOULD of beat the texans. We can compete with the best of em but not when we go down by that many points that quick. If anything ive given up on this D, not the team tho.

Exactly.

But having said that, I don't see 4 more wins on our schedule. The game plan on how to beat this team is out there now. And we're not going to suddenly win an NT, OLB, or another WR in a Virginia Lottery scratch off.

The game plan for how to beat the Redskins has been out for a while now. It goes like this:

"Show up"

Archived