Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you given up on the 2010 Washington Redskins already???

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Given up on what? I never expected them to make the playoffs anyway, but I also didn't expect them to get punked by a team that had previously lost 26 of their last 27 games.

I've been saying while so many of you all have been screaming about 10-6 or 11-5 records that I believed this was a 7-9 team. Have I given up already? Hell NO. We are who we are. 4-12 last year and improving. I said in January I got my seat on the bandwagon and I'm still sitting in it. You simply do not turn a 4-12 team around into a super bowl contender over night. We will be better then last year and that should be good for every single person who says they are Skins fans. It's going to take time.

I knew going into this game that this was a trap game and would show the character of the team more then last weeks did. The reason I was so upset with special teams last week is they should have won last week because its clear to me this Rams team is a lot better then they were last year and this was the type of game that we usually let slip by us. Why you bring up the Rams previous games to me is not respectful. Those Rams can play with anyone. Sam Bradford is legit. Don't take anything away from them. They are better then that record

Unfortunately though we lost last week and we lost this week. It's a game people, we got 13 more games to go. I think most of you thought that winning because we had a new QB would come easy. Well welcome to reality. Improving our QB play doesn't fix everything. We have a lot of issues but I still believe that the right people are here who can turn this thing around. The front office is hungry, the coaches are hungry, the Franchise is hungry. ShannyAllenMcNabb can not fix all of our problems. Welcome to being what we are, a rebuilding team. Good things come to those who are patient. If your not in it for the long haul then get out and root for someone else. I've been waiting for 20 years for another Superbowl, what the hell's another year? The Jets fans have been waiting since the early 60's, we will get better. Just not going to happen as fast as we all want. And please try and keep things in perspective. If we get some lucky breaks this time next week the number one team in the division can still be us. Don't lose faith, a life time love has its ups and downs. Just keep it simple. Lets get them next week

We were down by 14 points within WHAT the first 7mins. Its hard to win a ball game when you go down by 2 touchdowns even to the rams. Like renegade said too, penalty's killed us. We had to get away from the game plan to quick and the rams beat us. **** it we beat the cowboys and SHOULD of beat the texans. We can compete with the best of em but not when we go down by that many points that quick. If anything ive given up on this D, not the team tho.

You shouldn't be down 14 points to the Rams that quick in the first place. And really, even if you're down 14 points, you don't have to go away from the game plan, which the Redskins showed by coming back and taking the lead. The problem was this...the Rams were the better team. They made the plays to win the game, and the Redskins, to no one's surprise, didn't. Good teams don't kill themselves with penalties. Good teams don't have to say "should've beat." The Texans WON that game because the Redskins are a bad team that doesn't know how to get out of their own way, just like the Rams team WON this game because the Redskins stumbled all over themselves like they always do.

SSDD.

Ok, but then what place does McNabb have on this team then? And why invest playing time in Galloway and R.Williams and Dockery and Rabach and all these guys who won't be here long anyway. The problem is we are not actually rebuilding.

Mcnabb is 33 yrs old and probably has 4-5 good yrs left in him. Shanny didn't have a wide variety of options available to him in terms of drafts or tradable assets, but if he had a chance to get a proven QB, he could try and stay above water for the next couple of years while he gets this team moving in the right direction. Say they draft a QB in the next year or two, then that rookie would have an opportunity to learn from Mcnabb while also being groomed in the system currently being put into place.

As far as Galloway and co. getting playing time, that can only speak volumes about the true mess this team was in prior to his arrival. Kelly gets injured too much and Thomas isn't doing something right in practice to get on the field for more than Special Teams. Granted, we aren't rebuilding this year in terms of a complete roster/youth overhaul, but again I don't see what else he could have done given his options.

sadly i think so. good teams or teams bound for the playoffs do NOT do this kind of thing, especially after a gut wrenching loss like we dealt with last week. our defense is not just going to wake up and figure it out, its pretty apparent that were stuck with the 2006 version of this skins defense. our offense is gonna show signs of life here and there, but if we are getting crushed by the rams by 14 points how in gods name are we supposed to compete with the colts/vikes/packers?

ill still be there watching games til they end, but my expectations just took a nose dive like tom hanks' plane in "Cast Away"

And please try and keep things in perspective. If we get some lucky breaks this time next week the number one team in the division can still be us. Don't lose faith, a life time love has its ups and downs. Just keep it simple. Lets get them next week

lovely rah-rah speech. But how exactly are we rebuilding again? We got a LT finally, that's good.

But then we gave up at least the 40th overall if not 35th overall pick to rent a franchise QB for a couple years. We got older at WR. We tried hard to get older at RB and failed. Other than LT, I don't see any other long term prospects on either line. Holliday? Carriker? Daniels? Haynesworth? Is that our future? Gholston? Carter? London? How are we rebuilding if these guys are getting all this playing time?

Also, for all the people saying "If you expected us to go from 4-12 to the playoffs your expectations were too high in the first place," really? Anyone remember the Falcons of a couple of years ago? The Ravens? The Dolphins? Those teams were about as bad as the Redskins the previous year, and got coaches and QB's a lot less well-established than what the Redskins got, and they turned it around to make the playoffs. How bad were the Bengals two years ago? They turned it around last year. And at the least, I don't think it's asking too much to say "Hey, how about this team not look completely unprepared and unprofessional against one of the worst teams in the league."

lovely rah-rah speech. But how exactly are we rebuilding again? We got a LT finally, that's good.

But then we gave up at least the 40th overall if not 35th overall pick to rent a franchise QB for a couple years. We got older at WR. We tried hard to get older at RB and failed. Other than LT, I don't see any other long term prospects on either line. Holliday? Carriker? Daniels? Haynesworth? Is that our future? Gholston? Carter? London? How are we rebuilding if these guys are getting all this playing time?

The only players I would take out of this are Gholston and Carriker. Carriker is still young at 26 and quite frankly is performing for us. Gholston is still a few yrs from 30 I believe.

If you give up on this team, then your not a true fan of the redskins. HTTR!

Krikey. First of all, it's "you're" not a true fan. And don't tell me how to be a true fan. I'll be in front of the TV next week hoping and cussing and cheering....but I know what I saw this week and I know that this team sucks and will suck all year (and of course I hope I'm wrong, but know I'm not).

My entire life had been defined by the Redskins losing. After watching arguably 13 or 14 full seasons of football and seeing maybe two of those seasons truly be successful, it's very easy for me to hang up the hat on the skins this year and switch into hockey mode. I'm tired of the Redskins losing every season. I'm just. tired.

losing after holding a 17 point lead to the Texans, I knew that the win against Dallas, while wonderful, was just a fluke. This wasn't some new and awesome team, an Over the Hill Gang II, this is the same old team we've known for two decades: highly overpaid, bloated expectations, and doesn't play as a single unit or with any heart.

I'm ready for the Capitals season to start in two weeks

I voted no i have not and will not give up on my team after a 1-2 start also i think plenty of people put too much emphasis on what a paticular team did last season. 2009 has as much to do with right now as 1910 its past results performance etc. This was a early season road loss we will bounce back from. People can say but the rams did this and that last year... It dosent matter just like it dosent matter that we were 4-12 last year last time i checked there was 13 more games left this year and the skins are still in this divison. so buck up and remember Last years performance most of the time does not hold anything to current results,

Also, for all the people saying "If you expected us to go from 4-12 to the playoffs your expectations were too high in the first place," really? Anyone remember the Falcons of a couple of years ago? The Ravens? The Dolphins? Those teams were about as bad as the Redskins the previous year, and got coaches and QB's a lot less well-established than what the Redskins got, and they turned it around to make the playoffs. How bad were the Bengals two years ago? They turned it around last year. And at the least, I don't think it's asking too much to say "Hey, how about this team not look completely unprepared and unprofessional against one of the worst teams in the league."

The biggest factor is that those teams (especially the Ravens and Dolphins) have built thorough teams from top to bottom that could make that kind of turnaround in a year. Just take a look at who's running their personnel departments. For the longest time we've been an organization that built on the surface only, with no real plan for depth so that we could really be a true player or two away from a good turnaround.

I agree with the second half of your comment though.

I voted no i have not and will not give up on my team after a 1-2 start also i think plenty of people put too much emphasis on what a paticular team did last season. 2009 has as much to do with right now as 1910 its past results performance etc. This was a early season road loss we will bounce back from. People can say but the rams did this and that last year... It dosent matter just like it dosent matter that we were 4-12 last year last time i checked there was 13 more games left this year and the skins are still in this divison. so buck up and remember Last years performance most of the time does not hold anything to current results,

The Rams will not win more than another 3 games this year, they're still a terrible team, we're just terribler.

You shouldn't be down 14 points to the Rams that quick in the first place. And really, even if you're down 14 points, you don't have to go away from the game plan, which the Redskins showed by coming back and taking the lead. The problem was this...the Rams were the better team. They made the plays to win the game, and the Redskins, to no one's surprise, didn't.

I agree with you from the limited access I had to the game today (RedZone only).

For the past three games an alarm should be going on inside all of us. I hear it. Was speaking about it last week even.

This team scored 16 points today. We scored 1 TD today. We scored 3 FG's today. If we had been able to get TD's instead of FG's we could have won today and last week and beaten the Cowboys by a larger margin.

The same problem facing teams like the Cowboys is facing us. We aren't capitalizing on our scoring chances like we should. The Rams won today because they did. We can not continue to settle for FG's when we need TD's.

Good teams don't kill themselves with penalties. Good teams don't have to say "should've beat." The Texans WON that game because the Redskins are a bad team that doesn't know how to get out of their own way, just like the Rams team WON this game because the Redskins stumbled all over themselves like they always do.

Actually good teams beat themselves more often then other teams beating them. When the Cowboys lost their first two games this year it was because of stupid penalties. You and I don't think anything of them but truth is they are a pretty good team. That happens all the time. Bad teams don't own the rights to penalties.

The Rams will not win more than another 3 games this year, they're still a terrible team, we're just terribler.

the rams may get to 5-11.

lets also remember stephen jackson and their best defender werent even on the field and we still got crushed. i actually have faith in our offense, if we can get a decent run game going i trust mcnabb to score points.

our defense is going to give up 24 a game on the regular. we better get used to being flogged like a 1950s housewife on a weekly basis.

The biggest factor is that those teams (especially the Ravens and Dolphins) have built thorough teams from top to bottom that could make that kind of turnaround in a year. Just take a look at who's running their personnel departments. For the longest time we've been an organization that built on the surface only, with no real plan for depth so that we could really be a true player or two away from a good turnaround.

I agree with the second half of your comment though.

Well, that kind of gets to my point. If the best I can say is that I know the Redskins are so effed throughout their organization that even a Hall of Fame quarterback and Super Bowl coach can't turn them into a team that can beat the Rams and compete for a playoff spot this year, then why am I holding out hope for this year? What's the point.

If you give up on this team, then your not a true fan of the redskins. HTTR!

I think there's a difference between "giving up" and having changed your expectations. I will admit that I've given up on us realistically making the playoffs, but I'm still a fan and i'll watch every game to the end.

If you would've asked me what I thought our record would've been during halftime of the Texans game, I probably would've said 8-8 or even 9-7.

But after today's game, i'm gonna say 4-12, maybe 5-11 if we get lucky.

Archived