Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post Game Thoughts Thread (Come Vent Here)

SIXX99

l still don't understand what happened at the end of the game. Foster does not go out of bounds, and there are like 15 or 16 seconds left on the clock. It is now 4th down, and we do not call a timeout until there are 3 seconds left in the game? That is inexcusable in my opinion. We could have forced a punt and who knows what happens at that point. Instead, we give the Texans the opportunity to just run the 3 seconds off.

The D isn't doing bad with the 34, it's the secondary playing with no true FS. Doughty is not a fs, therefore the corners have to play soft to avoid getting beat deep. I don't blame Doughty on that jump ball, because when AJ times it right no safety in the league minus TP with the Steelers will beet him for the jump ball.

I dont blame Doughty too much either what is AJ 6'3" 6'4" with a 41" vert he is gonna win that jumb ball battle with most cb and saftey's, but with that being said Reed mis-timed the jump and PB31 should have played under, I Believe the middle was covered.

the main thing i'm worried about is the quality of depth at every position

That seems to be a problem with the our Redskins, thats one thing I'm always worried about!

Look what happen when Trent went out next play was holding that negated a 1st down.

Look what happen when LaRon went out Horton gave up a 5 yard pennalty and you know what happen after that

When you consider all the plays that could have pretty much or just flat out ended the game and given the Redskins a win, it makes you sick to your stomach.

1. The 3rd and forever play when the Skins were up 27-10, where Foster got the screen pass and ran it inside the 5, that got them right back in the game.

2. The blocked FG where Davis decided to not block anyone, which would have made it a 2 possession game.

3. Galloway being wide open in the endzone, which would have stretched the lead back out to 14 and made up for the missed FG on the last drive.

4. Easy INT heading right to Reed Doughty that was broken up by Landry, not saying you can blame anyone on this play but it was certainly bad luck.

5. 4th 10, not sure why we left who might be the best WR in the NFL all alone in the endzone, yes I said all alone, Reed Doughty may as well have not even been standing there.

6. The missed FG in OT.

Those are just 6 that I can remember off the top of my head, if the Redskins get any one of those 6 plays to go their way, they win the game. Which is suppose to be the luxary of having a 17 point lead in the 2nd half, you are only one play away from essentially ending the game with a lead like that and the clock on your side.

Winning teams don't blow 6 chances, some of them easy, at home vs what I think is a very overrated Texans team. It's nice to have a real QB and a real head coach, this team will win some games and be competitive but this is one of those loses you look back on and cringe when you don't make the playoffs by a game.

I'm usually optimistic, but this is a bad football team...when you can't run the ball and can't play defense, you can't win....throw in suspect special teams.

I've said from the beginning that we don't have 3-4 personnel....but we're trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.....this team would be much better if they switched back to a 4-3 with haynesworth.

Tough and disappointing loss against a good team.

Their O came up with timely big plays!

A lot of mistakes, and 17 points gone!

And the injuries, ... just demonstrate the lack of depth.

On the upside:

This team is still better than last year's team (even though record after 2 games identical, 1-1)!

Last year Game 1. Loss to the Giants, 23-17.

Last year Game 2. Win vs the St. Louis Rams, 9-7

HELLO St. Louis, bring on those Rams.

When you consider all the plays that could have pretty much or just flat out ended the game and given the Redskins a win, it makes you sick to your stomach.

1. The 3rd and forever play when the Skins were up 27-10, where Foster got the screen pass and ran it inside the 5, that got them right back in the game.

DAMN, I almost forgot about that one. That set up the TD at the end of the 3rd quarter. I think Haslett sent everyone and left no one in there for coverage. The way they lost this game was excruciating. In the second half, everyone of the plays the Texans made, helped contribute to their win and every play the Skins made contributed to their loss. I know the Texans came from behind and won, but the Skins completely lost this game. They were cruising at 27-10, especially after the Cooley's TD and then I don't know WTF happened. They couldn't run the ball which meant that they couldn't salt the game away and then the miscues happened with the Jamaal Brown penalty and the blocked FG. The Andre Johnson TD was something I just expected after the kick was blocked. Things just stopped going their way and it sucks. This one is going to be tough to swallow because they had this game and just gave it away.

I had my doubts about Haslett... I have more doubts now and I'm wondering why this guy is back in the NFL. Nearly 500 yards passing is not acceptable and when the entire secondary falls apart you'll never convince me the individual players are entirely to blame. The scheme didn't just fail, it failed in a major way, and the coaches never made an adjustment.

Archived