Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post Game Thoughts Thread (Come Vent Here)

SIXX99

Special Teams are proving for about the 13th straight year to be beyond awful. Im gonna guess the average NFL team lines up for a FG inside 30 yards that isnt converted at most once a year. In back-to-back weeks the Skins fail. Nearly cost them the game last week, did this week.

The thing that pisses me off is that the defense should be a standard for this team as it wasn't really a glaring problem last year. While our defense wasn't great, it didn't really get burned and outplayed by the other teams offense to this magnitude. We seem to have progressed on offense but our defense now seems to be a serious question mark. Sacks and turnovers are empty stats if you continue to get burned on 2/3's of the plays all game.

I disagree. I don't get how people can say our D wasn't an issue. We didn't give up as many yards/points but we NEVER made big stops to win games. I can point out so many examples over the last few years. Last year's games in Dallas and Philly. The game against the Saints. Then you can go to the year before. Couldn't make big stops against the Rams, let the Browns drive on us(but they ended up missing the FG), etc. etc. I like our new defensive philosophy, but ultimately we don't have the personel. We're only giving up more this year than we did last year comparitively because in both games so far we've forced the opponent to have to throw and move on us, which they've been able to do no problem.

Anyway my thoughts: I'm not that upset. Obviously losing the way we lost sucks but there were a ton of positives. I didn't expect to win this game and after Arian Foster converted that 3rd and 14 I knew we'd find a way to let them back in it. Our offense looked really good and McNabb will give us a chance to win games we have no business being in. Armstrong and Galloway both looked good. Our running game will suck all year, but that was to be expected with our nursing home RBs and weak interior line. The D is feast or famine and will be up and down all year, unfortunately today as has been the case they were down when we needed them the most.

We are what we are, a .500 team. We are not elite, but we are better than we were last year despite not having all that much talent. We'll give teams fits all year but teams like the Texans will be tough for us. Unfortunately we have a brutal schedule and play a lot more teams like that, like the Packers and Colts.

Lets just pray that Trent Williams is okay. :)

Reed Doughty is getting **** on too much. Jim Haslett needs to be slapped in the face. How do you not double cover Andre Johnson? He's the best receiver in the league and you call a play that leaves him one on one with Reed Doughty!? Reed is ok, a solid backup SS who doesn't make a ton of mistakes...not the kind of guy who can stop Andre Johnson by himself.

The defense seems very confused at times, secondary has quite a few communication issues. Chris Horton apparently had a fluke of a year two years ago and clearly isn't starting material any more.

Carlos Rogers had some good plays (finally held on to an interception!) but also made some critical mistakes.

Landry was all over the place, but he hit his own guys too many times. Cost us a pick and hurt Reed Doughty. Needs to be more aware in some situations. Not really complaining about him, he's playing out of his mind but its not all there quite yet.

Defensive line actually wasn't very good against the run. Arian Foster was gaining great yardage but the Texans couldn't give him the ball any more because they were behind the whole time.

Offensive line got zero push on running plays. Running backs are awful. Mike Sellars is the worst short yardage back of all time.

Not too upset overall about being 1-1, and here's hoping we blow out the Rams next week.

So...Redskins go up 6-0 and I hear some arguing behind me...an old white man told the two 35ish black guys behind him to stop leaning/touching/and breathing on him since they were so close. So, they respond with 'STFU old man, I'll punch an old man', and they start arguing back and forth...then the black guys pull the race card out of nowhere and tell him he's racist. Finally, the people around them tell the black guys to calm down because they kept trying to taunt the old man.

about 5 minutes later, 4 guys walk up and notify them that they are sitting in their seats. The black guys get up and leave and mumble something to the old man....the whole section says 'wtf, those werent even their seats'.

If they had sucker punched the old man, I was about to come up their and beat the **** out of both of them....you dont treat old people that way, AND a fellow skins fan.

Archived