Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post Game Thoughts Thread (Come Vent Here)

SIXX99

This loss is a result of the Texans making crucial plays at crucial times, and poor play by our backups. Which names keep coming up in these threads? LJ, Daughty, Heyer, Horton, Fred Davis. What do they have in common? They are all backups. We need to be able to trust our backups to come in and not blow games for us. Each of those guys had a huge play they gave up, whether by a lack of execution or a crucial penalty. I don't blame this loss on the special teams because our return coverage was absolutely phenomenal the entire night.

LAY OFF THE DEFENSE!! Yea we're giving up more yardage but we are making plays. Our defense gave the ball back to the offense several times in the second half and we found ways to lose! Blocked FG, Galloway doesn't have the jets to go get the football or the guts to dive for the TD to end the game, false starts by our o-line in our own stadium by Brown and Hicks. Just unbelievable!! Of course we're going to give up yards to a good Texans offense, but I'm just upset that we softened up in the second half and allowed Andre' Johnson of all people.. to catch the game tying TD. Pathetic!

My thoughts...

1) Our poor running game is making us one dimensional. However, I really think that with the play calling, we are abandoning the run way too early. It's like we try a couple of runs and nothing happens, so we go for a pure passing game. I feel like McNabb is thinking, "uh, I thought I was going to have a running game. How is this different from Reid?"

2) I don't want to hear "Our D is fine without Haynesworth" ever again. Without him, our line looks very soft.

3) I dearly miss Sean Taylor. Seeing Sean and Landry play together would've have been special.

4) I'm just upset. I thought blowing games like this was a thing of the past. I'm just very disappointed that this happened with a Shanahan coached team.

You know what, I was really mad at first but then I realized I didn't feel as awful as I usually do. You know our offense went toe to toe with one of the best if not the best offense in the league. That proves we're legit. It was back and forth and we fought our hearts out. Yes we made critical mistakes but so did they, it honestly coulda gone either way. Sometimes, good teams lose. We'll bounce back.

I'm extremely disappointed that the team would just give the game away like this at the end. I don't like being reminded of the 2009 season--in fact it infuriates me. The entire teams needs to have a sitdown and realize that you have to FINISH games. They nearly gave the game away last week and succeeded this week. Just finish the ****ing games when you have the lead.

The thing that pisses me off is that the defense should be a standard for this team as it wasn't really a glaring problem last year. While our defense wasn't great, it didn't really get burned and outplayed by the other teams offense to this magnitude. We seem to have progressed on offense but our defense now seems to be a serious question mark. Sacks and turnovers are empty stats if you continue to get burned on 2/3's of the plays all game.

You know what, I was really mad at first but then I realized I didn't feel as awful as I usually do. You know our offense went toe to toe with one of the best if not the best offense in the league. That proves we're legit. It was back and forth and we fought our hearts out. Yes we made critical mistakes but so did they, it honestly coulda gone either way. Sometimes, good teams lose. We'll bounce back.
No, it honestly should have been a knockout. We had them down when we went up 27-10 and instead of kicking the **** out of them on the ground we gave em a hand up and let them punch us in the gut over and over.

I'm getting so sick and tired of watching this team blow games in this manner. EVERY YEAR I'VE ****ING BEEN ALIVE.

Honestly Im glad we even had a 17 point lead to blow! I havent seen one of those in years. We obviously have a lot to work on, and could have closed that one out with a FG. Thats 2 weeks in a row where a botched FG attempt didnt allow us to close the game out. We also need to work on our red zone offense. Play calling inside the 20 is weak. But once we get some of these things corrected, we have a real shot.

The thing that pisses me off is that the defense should be a standard for this team as it wasn't really a glaring problem last year. While our defense wasn't great, it didn't really get burned and outplayed by the other teams offense to this magnitude. We seem to have progressed on offense but our defense now seems to be a serious question mark. Sacks and turnovers are empty stats if you continue to get burned on 2/3's of the plays all game.

Agreed, don't fix something that ain't broke.

Giving up 17 points is a disgrace.....no matter how you look at it....and was there any question at all that on 4th down and the game on the line, that Shaub was going to look for A. Johnson...yet he's left in single coverage with Doughty!!! I feel sick to my stomach. Didn't really deserve to win last week, but I though things were looking enticing in the first half this week....more of the same old I guess....

Archived