Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per 980: Media not allowed to tweet / Shanny overwhelmed by media

Soup

Fine by me. But the Redskins mediots are already a whiny bunch, especially on twitter. Expect some serious anger from all of the local media.

You're GD right we whine. It's how we roll. Especially Murf. And for the record, I 'm not angry, I'm bitter. There's a difference.

Other than that, it hurts fans more than media. It means less work for us. Don't have tweet every thing we see.

I like it all.

Shanny and Allen are trying really hard to make this a professional organization. What they didn't realize was the media war with the likes of Reid and JLC. It's been irresponsible reporting for several years now.

I personally am sick of all the garbage that's been reported since OTA's. It makes MY team look bad.

Of course he can. If the media doesn't comply, he has every right to block them from coming to any more practices. Hell, if he wants, he could ban them from Redskins park completely. It is a privately owned and run facility.

Not technically. The team has to abide by league rules, which stipulates media access. For example there is a rule for how often the head coach and defensive coordinator have to be made available, and how often the injury report is released...things like that.

Of course he can. If the media doesn't comply, he has every right to block them from coming to any more practices. Hell, if he wants, he could ban them from Redskins park completely. It is a privately owned and run facility.

Yeah right, just like he has the right to ban reporters from the locker rooms. :rolleyes: If the NFL wants reporters there and tweeting, blogging, spreading rumors, etc., then there is nothing that Shanny can do about it.

Not technically. The team has to abide by league rules, which stipulates media access. For example there is a rule for how often the head coach and defensive coordinator have to be made available, and how often the injury report is released...things like that.

I'm sorry in general. I'm hoping he adjusts to the media here and in time, he'll loosen his stance on these things. I understand the competetive advantage stuff, but the rumor thing is a tough one

the DC vs. denver media comparison probably has some legitimate value, but the fact is that twitter was NOTHING the last time shanny held a head coaching job. he probably doesn't even know what twitter is, other than that it's exposing his practice habits.

i suspect he'd have done the same thing in denver by now, if he was still there.

**** the local media. If I were a player or coach I wouldnt even consider giving interviews to these jerkoffs. I know the league makes coaches and maybe players too available for interviews after games and such but even then all they would get is coach talk and cliche after cliche. Definetly wouldnt do radio interviews. What is the point? I cant think of one positive that could come from doing a radio interview with one of these jack ass hosts. Their main goal is to get these players to say something controversial so they can boost their ratings.

Fortunately access to practice does not fall under those rules. It sucks for those who would report responsibly (without giving out information that could affect the game) and the fans who enjoy the tweets, but we can get the same information without leaks a little later after the reporter sits down and thinks about what he is writing and/or an editor looks at it to comply with the redskins desire not to give the opponent any insight into our game plan.

Bottom line is; I would rather learn about a new wrinkle in our offense or defense when we use it to win a game than give the info to our opponents.

I know people are going to think I'm crazy for saying this, but this might be the best move Shanny has made since he's been here, lol. Yes, over Mcnabb and Trent Williams.

I believe negativity and people wanting to see you fail actually have an affect on things... so the less of it, the better for us. If these guys can't be honest and refuse to stop stirring the pot with rumors and speculation that only lead to problems, then get them out. I'm ecstatic about this!

I guess we are behind on this issue:

Along with the Broncos and Dolphins, the New England Patriots, Buffalo Bills, Indianapolis Colts, New Orleans Saints and Detroit Lions, They don't allow reporting from the practice field.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,537520,00.html

This shows why it isn't a big deal. We're not the only or the first team to do it. The DC sports media will be just fine.

Good Im so sick of twitter. Why the hell does a reporter need to F-ing "tweet". They don't have enough outlets to get their rumors by an "unnamed source within the organization" out. Good for Shanny, if it hurts the Skins in anyway I don't want it out there. I think all this Haynesworth crap has been overblown by reporters or so called reporters trying to keep themselves relevant.

The local media is going to throw a **** fit, like they're some oppressed group. The media in this town used to get on board with the team winning at the expense of making some big scandalous story out of hearsay. If you have a source with the team tell you something or give you a story that is called WORK. If you sit at a computer and write about your personal suspicions based on nothing at all, you are not working, you're pulling **** out of your ass. I hope this stops the BS stories from coming out. If not I foresee a bunch of people being shunned from press conferences.

This shows why it isn't a big deal. We're not the only or the first team to do it. The DC sports media will be just fine.

I don't think that part of it is the "big deal". The rumors and anonymous sources is the story here. That's code for "you can only report the official line from the skins". After all they will fire anyone that works for them that doesn't follow orders and speaks to the media and the media isn't allowed to report anything without a name attached to it. This is all about control and Snyder and Shanahan have decided that the way the free press works in the United States of America, doesn't work for them.

If you have a source with the team tell you something or give you a story that is called WORK.

Can't do that anymore without getting your source fired. They are attemping to ban stories that they consider rumors that don't name a source. If you are allowed to name him, you don't need him, because all you'll get is what the team puts out on their website.

Archived