Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pardon Our Mess

TK

Thanks for all the hard work! I know how much of a pain moving and updating forums can be!! You dont know how much this place means to us fans till it goes offline for a while.. Must of checked it a hundred times yesterday afternoon/evening.. :ols:

:dallasuck:point2sky:dallasuck

So, I'm guessing the old stylesheets couldn't be transferred over to the upgraded site? I would think a lot of it would just come down to naming, but what do I know. I'll give it a couple days before I mention any gripes, because things are clearly being tweaked and tinkered with. Regardless, thanks to everyone who's working on the site. It's funny how I didn't realize my dependency on this site until it was down for a day.

Does the site look done to you? Does it?

No, idiots, because it's not. This is a "Sorry about our mess" thread, not a "Here is the new completed site!" thread.

Often I think people reply to a thread after only reading the thread title, without bothering to read the OP. In this case, I think some folks didn’t even read the thread title before replying.

I like it just as it is right now. I suggest you guys stop working on the site and leave it as is.

Except for the site slowness, and the font being too small on the main page, I like it too. It's much cleaner looking. I'm just glad the quotes are no longer in white font on white background (but the gray on burgundy font in the REPLY buttons needs to fixed. 'Can't read).

Ok, so I assume that the site, as of 5:58pm EST, is still in a state of transition (i.e. not all the kinks are worked out, there's still some upgrades that need to be finished, etc.). If not, am I the only one who is having trouble reading some of the fonts? Looks like there's not enough contrast, etc.

"Not too good... Not too good. 4-12... Not too good."

Ok, so I assume that the site, as of 5:58pm EST, is still in a state of transition (i.e. not all the kinks are worked out, there's still some upgrades that need to be finished, etc.). If not, am I the only one who is having trouble reading some of the fonts? Looks like there's not enough contrast, etc.

"Not too good... Not too good. 4-12... Not too good."

Ok, so since I can't seem to figure out how to edit my post I'll quote myself. Read earlier that there will be more work done on the design. Thanks for your hard work on this.

I was going to pose the same thought, but in a much more constructive and positive manner. FWIW, I don't think most of the people working on this are devs, and they seem to be doing the best they can with it. From what was posted earlier, there seems to have been an assumption that the skin files from the old board would just port over to the new one and be gtg.

Anyway, good luck to the people working on this, and thanks especially to the people who aren't paid.

Yea, I could have been nicer, but in my opinion it is very sloppy and irresponsible to have this happen on such an large and active forum. I'm not a developer either, but I know that even free products/services must be provided with some sort of reliability and overall good expectation. This upgrade has fallen short on those aspects. I would have rather the board have been closed for multiple days for them to iron it out rather than them working behind the scenes as it is still open to the public.

I've been in the staff's position before -- I've had to deal with complaints about portions of a site that didn't work well or correctly at all. It happens. Is this unforgivable? Absolutely not... A few days from now (or more) when it is all ironed out, this will just be a hiccup, a blur, and we can all go back to groaning over Albert Haynesworth trade talk threads. But from a forum administration standpoint, I just hope they learn from their mistake and attack upgrades with some more tact in the future. Best of luck to everyone working behind the scenes. SNAFUs are fun to fix... I know you all will be working hard.

Archived