Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pardon Our Mess

TK

I was on here in the middle of a post when it went down yesterday. First I thought I broke extremeskins; I don't know how I could have or why I thought that. But part of me was worried the entire day that I had screwed it up. Then it went to quasi-Dallas colors and I was scared Dallas had hacked into ES and started an epic hacker war that would eventually result in two gilrs and a cup being shown on the jumbotron at Jerryworld during the SB which would somehow trigger the apocolypse. But then this morning I logged on and saw it was indeed just an update to the site and everything was alright with the world. I guess the moral of the story is I have to stop watching Nostradamus Effect and maybe seek counseling for internet addiction. But then I got lost on this site and I just figured I'd take the time to thank the mods for their hard work especially doing this update right before the season instead. Thanks guys.

I have to take my hat off I i think this is an amazing amount of work on the templates in just a short period . The only niggle I have with the new look is the quotation method . Is there any way to change the white on grey speach bubbles to something that is more readable ?

I am really, really enjoying the 3-D feature. The players seem to stand out in space on my simple VGA screen. Oh, and then there's that incredible instant chat feature with any of the players I choose...at any time of the day!

Really incredible stuff.

Thank you.

I hope this is still a work in progress. I know that I'm never comfortable when we go though one of these changes -- but I do put a premium on visual ease of making a reply. Some of the new features might be reviewed for visual glare and/or clarity.

For example, it's now more difficult to read quotes, due to that gray background. Perhaps that can be modified by the site administrators setting a different default?

My comments would be similar when creating a reply -- the background for the area where one drafts "your message" is really white, and harder on the eyes -- especially when contrasted with the black background of the basic bulletin board.

The buttons for submit reply and preview post are very hard to read. The preview pane is also seriously harder to read as well. Background is very important for reducing eye-strain for fans wishing to post.

One other comment -- are you going to reintroduce the feature that lets you know if you have posted to a thread? I liked that feature.

I have to take my hat off I i think this is an amazing amount of work on the templates in just a short period . The only niggle I have with the new look is the quotation method . Is there any way to change the white on grey speach bubbles to something that is more readable ?

exactly what i was thinking!!! Loving the new look, just feel the white on grey is a little hard to read... also, quick reply box needs to get some better colors (cough less dallass like cough)

People are seriously retarded to think that they are done with the upgrade. You can't be serious? If you truly believe that it is done you need yo go play chokey, choke like David Carradine and hopefully when you are done the results are similar.

I like it, except for one or two things.

The nav buttons at the bottom of the page.. the dark grey font in the burgundy buttons is nearly impossible to see, and the menu that comes up with it's white background and light grey font is definitely impossible to read.

I'd suggest red letters in the white menu, and gold letters in the buttons.

The quoted posts are also hard to see with the grey on white.

~Bang

People are seriously retarded to think that they are done with the upgrade. You can't be serious? If you truly believe that it is done you need yo go play chokey, choke like David Carradine and hopefully when you are done the results are similar.

Just a bit over the top don't ya think? Yeeeesh. Amazing how testy people can get during a remodel(must be all the dust).

Always appreciate the work of the mods. I am a project manager working in technology, and I can only imagine how difficult this is, and how time consuming. So thanks!

I really like the new feature of replying to a message. Just pops up underneath.

I kindof agree with the readability of the quotes.

Again, an awful lot of work obviously went into this, so thanks!

Archived