Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pardon Our Mess

TK

Speaking of upgrades, yesterday, shortly after 2pm I went from brother to proud Uncle. My brother & his wife had their first kid. Liam is already swamped with Skins gear:), so my bro, who isn't even into football, gets raised right.:) I woulda just started a thread on it, but my bro is to lame to send any cel phone pics. :slap:

Anyways, back to getting ES back on track......

Post the pics when you get 'em! :yes:...And congrats on the new addition to your entire family. :cheers:

Thread view (white text on black with burgundy highlights) looks good. White on red/burgundy for the forum (thread titles) view is almost unreadable. Dark grey on burgundy buttons also a problem. Overall moving the right direction, bummer about having to redo the templates.

As noted by a member earlier in the thread,the board changes a lot,(or a little depending),just by refreshing the page,going from one forum to another,ect. Been kind of fun to watch as they try their best to get things in order,(when they say Wet Paint,they mean it). ;)

I'm just shocked it is this terrible.

Did the staff even test the new design? I used to administer a drum forum I was a member of for over 10 years and whenever there was an upgrade, we'd make a copy of the database and test the new design in a hidden sub-directory (ie: extremeskins.com/newforumtest). We used UBBThreads back then, and we could even let it use the same database as the other one so they could both run in tandem. Only once the new version was tested thoroughly, we would throw the updated version on the users. I don't see how this could happen if they bothered to test it first.

Keep up the work though...it certainly needs it.

This board is hard to read. I understand the impulse to use the B&G, but I find it jarring, also everything seems smaller (fonts, icons, etc.). Further, it's loading so much more slowly. There's also a huge stagger and formatting weirdness on the Stadium page where I have to drop almost a full page before I get to the first thread. Finally, if you do a poll... the poll options default to ninja.

Some of this may be bugs as we go through the new look.

I'll get used to it I suppose, but my first reaction to the new look is not positive.

Just wanted to reiterate our appreciation of all the hard work that goes into this site behind the scenes. Extremeskins is my go to site for everything redskins and my day wouldn't be the same without it. My hat goes off to you guys. Hail to the Redskins!.. And **** Dallas!:logo:

Archived