Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things I miss on this site...

dockeryfan

The Rage tags were not that funny

May be unconventional and controversial, but I miss MSF

Why would I miss such a character who made the controversial comments that he did? Because he was in chat occasionally and seemed like a civil person

Plus some of his stories were humorous and we'd all kid him about it

Miss him

1. Lesser numbers of members. There used to be a time I could have a thought about the Redskins, come on this site and post. Now usually by the time I log on 100 or so members have posted incarnations of the same thing. I guess that's why I'm among one of the first joining members but don't have a legendary post count.

2. Lesser numbers of members. There used to be a time fans of other teams would come on this board and debate the weeks games. A few panther fans during Panther week, a few bears fans during Bears week, etc. I used to like this because I really learned more about our opposing team I wouldn't know otherwise. Now there are just so many members fans from opposing teams are usually ganged up on like a burgandy and gold goon squad. By the time there are a few troll posts, yea from Skins fans, what's the bother.

3. Chromerics vs the Tailgate. At a time where the Tailgate leaned to the right. (MSF, Sarge, Oakton Skins fan) he was a slash from the left that made up a lot of middle ground. Too bad everyone went overboard and got banned.

4. Art. Yea he still drops in occasionally but I miss him from a decade ago when he thrived on making those who disagreed with him steaming mad. Anyone remember Karl Englehart?

5. The Daily Babe. Enough said.

Mike's a great dude. But the rage tags got taken too far; just like I pushed him to far in the NASCAR thread on BGO. I'm all for raggin' on a guy, especially with people I like, but there's a limit. And it may have been crossed.

Still, I miss the guy around here. He definitely livened things up, and living in California, he was on late, just like me.

Speaking of on late, the AHFB was too, even though, yes, they (ahem...we) were the reason TG posts don't count anymore. And that's fine really....it kind of bugged me at first, but we regulars know each other. I think the friendships we make, or friendly adversaries we become, are worth a lot more than the number under our avatar.

The thing I miss most, and this is probably more my perception than reality, is the, I don't know, friendly way of arguing we used to have. Things seem so cut-throat and personal these days. Stupid ass political arguments suddenly seem life and death, and if you're on the wrong side (according to either side) you're the debil.

But I've also been here long enough to know that ES is kind of cyclical. Like a dysfunctional family. We have good times. We have bad times. We hurt. We laugh. We cheer. We cry. And we still exist....together.

That being said.....**** you all.

(Kidding.) :D

I miss back when everyone agreed with Predicto all the time.

Whaddya mean i dreamed that?

Fine, I miss back when Honorary_Hog was a Democrat. :evilg:

I miss Chomerics and Sarge too.

I love you man. Seriously. You're like the big brother I never had. Sometimes I'd love to whip your ass. Sometimes you're one of my favorite people here. And sometimes you're both.

I've often said, my best friends are the people that can look me in the eye and say, "Hog, you're being a jackass."

By that standard, we're practically gay-married. :pfft: :ols:

What is this AHFB thread that you guys are talking about?

"After hours fun bunch". The stiff shirts around here (you know the political talking heads that fancy themselves as intellectuals :beatdeadhorse:) just couldn't stand folks having some fun. It was just horrible that people were having a good time and the thought of post counts exceeding theirs (even though they swore that post counts meant nothing :beatdeadhorse:) so after a lot of whining by same, and a couple new conservative mods were appointed, people were banned, posts didn't count, and it got a lot duller in here. Of course none of my commentary here is critical of the actions taking by the powers that be, simply a expression of sentiment. I'm not in contact with x-members, so in no way is this "channeling" [/disclaimer] :paranoid:

What is this AHFB thread that you guys are talking about?

It's a thread that a bunch of us started back around 2006 after spending a lot of time using the random thought thread to chat late at night.

(you can probably find the origin somewhere early in the random thought thread)

Anyway it was a blast back in the day, but a lot of folks got annoyed by it and it was closed and there was a big discussion about it

I remember we started an ezboard AHFB site that some other guys joined too.

We moved off there though as soon as the thread was reopened.

After a while however most of us migrated to a chat site instead and spent less and less time in the thread.

I think it eventually died out from lack of use more than anything else.

Not sure where it is now, but I recall going back and reading it recently.

Archived