Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things I miss on this site...

dockeryfan

He's good in small doses, but the entire tailgate became the MSF show too easily.

great minds :cheers:

I'm actually hoping this thread devolves into a nazi mod thing. Dean was getting it started there but it kinda fizzled out. Come on guys, we haven't had one in a while. You're slipping

great minds :cheers:

I'm actually hoping this thread devolves into a nazi mod thing. Dean was getting it started there but it kinda fizzled out. Come on guys, we haven't had one in a while. You're slipping

Can we do a little truth telling without getting banned? :)

(Within the rules of course.)

You're implying I've banned people for telling the truth?

That's the spirit hog :munchout: let's hear it

No, sir. *cowers slightly*

There are some guys (PCS, MTH, a few other guys in the past) who go from poster to moderator, and if you didn't know they were mods, you wouldn't know.

Then there are some guys who make the transition, and something changes. They're more...distant. More....aloof. More....not quite the same guy you knew before.

Now. Don't take this as an insult. It's not. But you're in group two, IMO. You don't seem to have as much fun as you used to. You don't seem to be willing to "cut loose" in a boys-night-out kinda way on the board anymore. You don't start threads, when there are already plenty of bacon threads, on a bacon sandwich.

Wait.

Scratch that last one.

But in all seriousness, I hope you still have fun here. Because I almost expect the zany zoony I used to know to pop up on a milk carton somewhere.

Now. Don't take this as an insult. It's not. But you're in group two, IMO. You don't seem to have as much fun as you used to. You don't seem to be willing to "cut loose" in a boys-night-out kinda way on the board anymore.

Last year when I came back here, I kind of noticed the same thing about Zoony and about Jumbo as well. Both of them seemed a lot more serious and tougher and perhaps quicker to come down hard on people breaking the rules than the fun loving guys I remembered from earlier days. (Which has to be expected to some degree after being mods for a while.)

But I wondered if with the absence of guys like Art if they were forced to turn up the heat a bit themselves.

Although to be fair it was a pretty crazy time last season and no one was in a good mood for a lot of it. Also they seem to have mellowed out a bit since then.

I've been reading these boards since the beginning, just was too lazy to make an acct. I miss when there weren't many people on here. Everyone seemed to post with their reputation in mind. It cut down on a lot of the garbage that now polutes this forum.. It's still good, just more sifting is required now. People seemed to post more carefully as the community was smaller everyone would notice.

He's good in small doses, but the entire tailgate became the MSF show too easily.

Well let's face it. A lot of us,including myself early on,let it be that way. Best advice for him at the time,(and it still goes to this day for others),was to ignore him or at least do what I did. Get a laugh out of the truly ridiculous. :). Nobody had to respond to him. That said,certain.......aspects of his shtick did get old and very fast.

I do miss some of the characters we've had here over the years. Especially with some of the above in mind.

Archived