Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things I miss on this site...

dockeryfan

I miss the Suicide by mod thread....

I miss the Member number so I knew who to listen to and why (It also made zombie threads easier to spot because when you see a page of people with member numbers under 10k, you kinda know)....

I miss (also) the AHFB thread...

But by far the most entertaining thing ever was the suicide by mod thread... What was the structure? 1 day, 2 days, 1 week, 1 month, perma ban?

There were two people who said "see ya in a week" at the same time and one got a month instead...

Then it just became a way of people to have their last hurrah and air what they hated about this site and who they would miss... (I'm looking at you H_H... :P )

I did laugh when they removed the member numbers, I saw that some noobs were angry about not being in the low numbers. this was actually my second account I had one before this on the day the site started but I was too inept with computers on this new fangled interweb thingy to change my user name, Diehard tried to walk me through it and we eventually gave up and I made a new one lmao. my Original name on here was King Ryan (childhood nickname) which I wanted to change to I AM RYAN. then it was chnaged to Ryman of the north.

Things I miss?

actually knowing a few of the guys outside of the site because you got to know a few people simply because there werent many of us. I used to tease Art about being a big nerd because he played rugby and went to duke and tease Tony about playing for a rival team in ontario.

I miss Indyskins, he used to come up with the greatest conspiracy theories but he loved the skins so we would tease him but never in a mean way.

I miss making fun of these two nerd cowpie fans who would remake accounts after ebing banned, Art and I would post articles about Mike Irvin and nate newton to shut them up.

I miss the daily babe and laughing at some of the choices.

I miss Mass skins fan who made me look liberal.

I will never understand the "ES was better when there were less of us" sentiment some people hold. From my perspective the strength of this place throughout my time here has always been the diversity of thought and shifting landscape created by the hordes of people that come through here. Sure, it may not be the most personable place to discuss football but at least it's somewhat unpredictable.

Frankly, a lot of smaller communities bore me to tears. The quality of conversation is rarely as good as people would like to think and dealing with the same cast of characters can be tedious once you have a good grasp of others' tendencies.

But by far the most entertaining thing ever was the suicide by mod thread... What was the structure? 1 day, 2 days, 1 week, 1 month, perma ban?

There were two people who said "see ya in a week" at the same time and one got a month instead...

Then it just became a way of people to have their last hurrah and air what they hated about this site and who they would miss... (I'm looking at you H_H... :P )

I always thought it was somewhat amusing that the mods seemed somewhat caught off-guard by the eagerness with which people volunteered to take a vacation. ES apparently had a higher population of lemmings than they had anticipated.

... I think I got 60 days.

Used to be this one poster on this site when I was a lurker, his name was all numbers. His English was so ****ing horrible. That made his posts ridiculously entertaining.

was this dude completely against jason campbell? Because I remember this one poster with the most incoherent posts that made the stupidest of points. He lasted for about 12 hours before he wore out his welcome. Guy was ****ing stupid.

I already miss the winter thread from earlier this year. The season was an epic one and I can only hope that something similar (or even better) happens in the next few years.

Let it snow - a lot.

BB, if we ever see another winter like that in the next few decades I'll be shocked. Certainly one for the ages, well of all-time you might say.

Now, I don't want to sound like one of those enviornmentalist nuts, I more take the stance that technology creates pollution and there's too many people in the world so we better deal with the consequences instead of looking for magic bullets in the way of clean energy but, take a look around you. Weather patterns are changing dramitically all over the world. Flooding in all sorts of places, PNW and east coast had record winters, heat wave this summer like I can't remember, all of Pakistan under water, flooding in China, droughts in rainy places, rain in deserts, ect, ect. There's no question that the enviornment had to react and change to the amount of chemicals being put in the atmosphere at some point. Again, I'm fine with the change, not an enviornmentalist, don't drive or like hybrids but I think some talk needs to be out there about what we can expect and how to adapt to it. Obviously I'm no expert and could completely have no clue what I'm talking about right now but if I had to venture a guess, winters like the one we just had and summers like we're in the middle of are going to become closer to the norm around here than a lot of people expect.

That completely off topic comment out of the way, I'm in line with many in missing MSFs antics and the Sarge v Chom battles. I think also from a personal standpoint I miss feeling like I know a lot of the characters around here which I don't really feel anymore. I know a small core group that's been around awhile and those that I've tailgated with but nowadays it feels more like I'm walking into a convention center with a bunch of skins fans I don't know instead of walking into a familiar haunt with a familiar group of friends and fans. Mostly that's on me, though, because I actually work instead of cruising the internets all day (which is certainly a good thing) but I also think the group dynamics have changed around here. All that said, easily still my most frequented site on the internets and my number one source for news and opinion, period, not just skins or sports related.

Archived