Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Vardy is just ridiculous

Like everyone else at Leicester he's just having the career season you can only dream of. 

Great half boys!

Love what I'm seeing from Ojo, and Ibe has been just ridiculous.

Was getting down on Danny, as he was not having a good run, then...BOOM!

Oh, and Ward looks very much the part, though he hasn't really been challenged. What a foot on that boy!

Defo. All the changes and the under 5's are in complete control. Couple of great goals. The back heal from Sturridge was ridiculous and a great header from him from an even better Ibe delivery. 

Keep it going Red Men. Same again second half. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Defo. All the changes and the under 5's are in complete control. Couple of great goals. The back heal from Sturridge was ridiculous and a great header from him from an even better Ibe delivery.

Keep it going Red Men. Same again second half.

Hail.

I forgot to mention the little Welsh Xavi just controlling the midfield. Gonna need him to continue that form with Can and Hendo down.

• Like 2

They've done Leicester wrong this game. Every call against them, including a penalty call for west ham and a clear penalty not given for huth. Too bad, really. Still think they win but now Tottenham have a real shot.

And just as I say that...they are given a pen. Wow

Good, solid, professional performance from the under 5's and co. 

Got a bit sloppy last quarter, but Sturridge could and should of had 4 by that point. Ibe and Ojo again fantastic.Smith another good outing at LB. Another good 90 minutes for Daniel. Looking stronger and sharper by the game. Allen bossing midfield. And a real solid debut from Ward bar the flap at the end that lead to a real good goal from Bournemouth. 

Perfect end to a fantastic week that set's things up nicely now for the biggie Thursday against the blue ****e. 

Up the Pool. Mighty Reds!

Hail. 

*Edit* Wednesday even haha. 

• Like 2

Good win by Bayern yesterday over a bitter rival.  Always nice to beat the boys from Schalke.

Now Bayern still keeps its 7 point lead (Dortmund up 2 in second half, but that doesn't mean anything  ;) ).  Still 7 points with 4 to play.  Just that much closer to making history by being the only German club to ever win the BL 4 times in a row.  

Lewandoski nets 2 to get his total to 27.  He has a good chance to break the 30 goal mark, something that was last done when the Original Star Wars was in the movies (Cologne's Dieter Muller scored 34 times in 1976-77).

Bremen on Tuesday in German Cup Semi-Finals.  Let's take care of business boys and get into another final.

And the best news that Jerome Boateng has returned to training and may be available for the UCL matches.  SWEEEET!!!!

Mia San Mia

• Like 1

39 years since someone broke the 30 mark in Bundesliga goals? Wow. 

Quite the achievement for the big Pole if he gets there. 

Congrats on the 4 straight titles in advance. Regardless of my view on the strength of the overall league, that's still remarkable consistency and deserves recognition. Dortmund have put a real strong challenge this season. The fact this will be the first time it's happened in Germany says it all. (The same in England. Only Arsenal, Huddersfield Town, Liverpool and Utd have achieved 3 straight titles. Nobody's ever won four straight in well over a 100 years of football.).  Great achievement.

DFB-Pokal should be another fantastic occasion if it's Bayern against BvB again. 

And talking the Bundesliga, now time to watch Cologne and run the rule over Horn and Hector again. 

Hail. 

*Edit* Well I would of watched the Mainz- Cologne match if I could find a darn feed. Humph!

Dortmund is gonna do something special in champions league next year. I see them making a run again soon. Irony for Bayern is Pep has had a issue bringing silverware besides the league and now he gets a shot to get all of them as he leaves. If Bayern can get to the finals I think they got a good shot against Real or City. Bayern and Dortmund for the Pokal would be a toss up. Probably really high scoring.

Damn shame Wolfsburg fell apart. I'm not sure they'll make a runs again like that any time soon. Wolfsburg vs Bayern would have been fun like the 2013 final.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

Doing a night in Valencia, a night in Villarreal, then back to Valencia for another night the semi against Villarreal. 

The reason I'm telling you this is you want to place Valencia HIGH on your list of grounds/ City's to visit. Absolutely fantastic City. with the best stadium bar none in Spain for me with, along with Atletico Madrid, the best atmosphere. Steeped banked sides on top of the action. A proper, traditional ground. And Manolo has his bar right outside too and he's always real accommodating. 

Boss stadium. Boss City. Great tapas and even better wine. What more could you want?

Hail. 

I hope you are drunk because that makes no sense. None. Walk away while you still have some dignity. And don't think I'll forget you making light of a tragedy to try and score a weak ass point.

I was specifically not blatant, did not directly quote any specific poster to keep it civilized, clearly passed right over your head.  Directly pointing out what I was referring to would have just fired up the crazies.  Because you seem the only one, I will call it mostly successful.  And, my post had nothing to do with you.

So, just for you, I will be specific.  I don't post much in here because this has become a Liverpool thread with a sprinkle of BPL clubs.  The comments that you can post anything Europe are simply not true.

Specific posters cheap shot Bayern and the Bundesliga as a whole.  I guess they are jealous or have some failing or whatever.  The BPL is not even the best league.  The Spainish league currently has the top teams.  It took another La Liga team to beat the top current European club.

But, these are just words, as the other reason I don't post is because no one cares what we non BPL fans have to say anyway unless we are directly being critical of said BPL team.

So, btfoom, get em.  And, Richmond, don't see Dortmund next year unless they retool.  I have started to watch them more because I like watching the American. Seems like a good kid.

Edited by Fred Jones

Doing a night in Valencia, a night in Villarreal, then back to Valencia for another night the semi against Villarreal.

The reason I'm telling you this is you want to place Valencia HIGH on your list of grounds/ City's to visit. Absolutely fantastic City. with the best stadium bar none in Spain for me with, along with Atletico Madrid, the best atmosphere. Steeped banked sides on top of the action. A proper, traditional ground. And Manolo has his bar right outside too and he's always real accommodating.

Boss stadium. Boss City. Great tapas and even better wine. What more could you want?

Hail.

I had Atletico on the list. I'll just add Valencia in there. Sad that Atletico will be moving though. Sad I won't make it to San Siro probably. Ever since Milan visited DC years ago for a friendly against DCU I wanted to see it. Guess I could destroy every piggy bank I own if Bayern made the finals LOL.

Sidenote:Barca is self destructing

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

I had Atletico on the list. I'll just add Valencia in there. Sad that Atletico will be moving though. Sad I won't make it to San Siro probably. Ever since Milan visited DC years ago for a friendly against DCU I wanted to see it. Guess I could destroy every piggy bank I own if Bayern made the finals LOL.

Sidenote:Barca is self destructing

Milan aren't leaving the San Siro anytime ever so you're still good there. 

Hail. 

Just finishing the game on DVR now.  Two HUGE things stand out.

1)  Danny Ward is pretty good

2) There is no way that we can't bring Joe Allen back.  Even if it's just to sell him to Swansea in January...

Hail. 

My aunt did a semester in Valencia when she was in school.  Still supports the club.  She loved it.

It's on my lest.  I root a bit for the club if they're playing and it's on and it doesn't effect LFC in any way.

• Like 1

39 years since someone broke the 30 mark in Bundesliga goals? Wow. 

Quite the achievement for the big Pole if he gets there. 

Congrats on the 4 straight titles in advance. Regardless of my view on the strength of the overall league, that's still remarkable consistency and deserves recognition. Dortmund have put a real strong challenge this season. The fact this will be the first time it's happened in Germany says it all. (The same in England. Only Arsenal, Huddersfield Town, Liverpool and Utd have achieved 3 straight titles. Nobody's ever won four straight in well over a 100 years of football.).  Great achievement.

DFB-Pokal should be another fantastic occasion if it's Bayern against BvB again. 

And talking the Bundesliga, now time to watch Cologne and run the rule over Horn and Hector again. 

Hail. 

*Edit* Well I would of watched the Mainz- Cologne match if I could find a darn feed. Humph!

I'm just typing this and not going to Google, but I could have sworn I heard that Pool won the league 6 times in a row in the 60s.  You would know better than me, but those sides were roaring through all comers.

Would love to see Dortmund vs Bayen in the Pokal final - would be a great one.

Good win again by Pool today.  Must have been difficult with the quick turnaround, possible let-down from the Europa match, and all the fan-fare to go with it.

In that light, I've not posted here too much over the weekend, but want to extend my best wishes and condolences to every Pool fan who was affected by the events years ago.  I read @GHH posts (a couple times) as they were both well written and a little hard to get through without feeling the pain of those events.  We all support different clubs and at times clash - it makes the game a little more fun when we have some banter back and forth - but it's never personal and NEVER on the level of loss that you folks there have felt.  I didn't "Like" any of those posts because I don't want there to be any idea that we "Like" what happened.   I really appreciate that you write about it and bring those sad events and the aftermath to the forefront, but in the end, I really would "Like" if they never happened and that was just another match-day in the history of Liverpool.  Sadly it isn't, but I do very much hope and pray that one day the families will be at peace.

Hmmm, little bit of EPL history today .....

50 - Liverpool have become the first team to win away in the Premier League at 50 different grounds. Travellers.

Hail. 

Back to football.  That is an amazing statistic.  I would bet you that the majority of "Top English Sides" haven't even played competitive matches at 50 different grounds, much less win on 50.  Very big win for sure.  Lots of great history at that Club.  Cheers to Pool for that.

Now that Europe is hashed out, what are we going to do if Pool wins Europa and Bayern wins the UCL.  The would play in the Super Cup.  Think this forum could handle that?  If it comes to be, I will drive at least half-way to meet DC9 to watch the game together.  Let's see if they can do it.

ps.  We can still rag on each other's sides as much as you wish.  It all comes from a position of respect, so it's all good.

And, as I've heard that some of you Pool supporters 'may' have some Irish in you (my dad's family is from Ireland), I will leave all posters here this wish:

May the road rise up to meet you.

May the wind be always at your back. 

May the sun shine warm upon your face; 

the rains fall soft upon your fields 

and until we meet again, 

may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

• Like 3

I hope you are drunk because that makes no sense. None. Walk away while you still have some dignity. And don't think I'll forget you making light of a tragedy to try and score a weak ass point.

SO glad I missed that. But reading that I can but imagine and think it's about time I knocked Fred off the response/ acknowledge list. 

Lazy, crazy day of watching today. Old Firm Scottish Cup semi at mid-day. Followed by Bournemouth- L'pool. Followed by the Cologne game for another look at my man-crush Hector to confirm he is that good. Rounded off be maybe the Samp- Milan game. 

It's what lazy Sunday's were made for haha. 

Hail. 

Gentlemen, I do not speak for that poster, but I believe that all of you are looking at different posts.  I read his initial post, and I very much think it was directed at DC9/GHH for their talks about growing up in Liverpool and NOT the events at Hillsborough, which was brought up in a later post.  In my reading, it was one of those times when some posts get written and someone hasn't had the time to reply to one and then the time-lad makes it look like they were replying to a different one.

I've never seen Fred be mean or personal with his posts and in my opinion,  his post was simply put in a spot where he really didn't mean it to be.

Just my 2 cents, but I think if you look back at the posts, you may agree.

I've never seen Fred be mean or personal with his posts and in my opinion, his post was simply put in a spot where he really didn't mean it to be.

Just my 2 cents, but I think if you look back at the posts, you may agree.

It wasn't that post but one from 4/13 that read:

This is the side, talk about whatever you want, section on a Redskins message board. I can see if this was (offensive joke URL MOD edited), but it is not.

Martin edited that pretty quickly, but it wasn't nice. Fred was trying to talk smack but went horribly over the line in one of those needle across a record type of moments. So, Fred can complain about the atmosphere of this thread all he wants, but he brought it to the very lowest, most crass, and mean spirited level all by himself. That is the hypocrisy that he should be worried about.

The rest of my post was about the post that I quoted. It was rambling, made no sense, and brought nothing to the topics at hand.

Edited by dchogs
  • Like 1