Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Holy crap. That was a fun game. Roller coaster of emotions for sure. Didn't believe that last one hit the back- thought it was side netting.

Tip of the cap to Dortmund... the loss has to hurt. Great fans, great team.

Agree.  I couldn't believe that even happened.

Dortmund as an organization and a fan base are just pure class.  Has to sting.

I would've died if that free kick at the end went in.

• Like 1

Must be nice...

Hey hey hey... we got work to do tonight.  Chin up.

I stand by my statement that he has played better up Klopp...so have Lovern and Sakho. Liverpool may not have a new back 4 next year.

It was the heat of the moment. 

I give him a pass for Norwich.

If you want to watch a quick recap... this is as quick as it comes

https://www.facebook.com/AnfieldLeak/videos/1691541197800741/

Edited by DC9

I stand by my statement that he has played better up Klopp...so have Lovern and Sakho. Liverpool may not have a new back 4 next year.

Also keep in mind we get Joe Gomez and Joel Matip back. 

Whatever happens with Andre Wisdom... probably off.  Not even sure we have him under contract next year.

Things looking up, eh?

Oh, the Grujic fella is supposed to help out back there.  Letting Emre come forward more.

Win or Lose this might be Origi's coming out party.

I'm excited to see if he can take the next step in his development. He is dangerous and full of energy...he's still too wasteful. He's young and that's expected. If he continues to grow and learn, he could be excellent.

• Like 2

You didnt answer my question. How much credit for this teams job goes to Klopp vs Tuchel since he built the Dortmund squad?

You are saying he deserves the credit since he built the squad. Well, Rogers built the squad Klopp is using, in fact he took that squad to 2nd in the EPL and missed winning it by 2 points. I just think its rather hypocritical so say Klopp gets the majority of the credit for what Dortmund has done this year but also all of the credit for Liverpool. Tuchel got Dortmund 20 more points in 5 less games this year than Klopp did with these players, he deserves the majority of the credit.

Klopp deserves more credit to be honest.

You can't really grade a manager or a coach in any sport until they do it with their own players.

If Liverpool are worse under Klopp next year after he makes some changes, then you have an argument that he got by with Rodgers' players this year.

I'm betting against.

This football club will be the death of me ..... HOW many more times are they gonna' play with our emotions like that?

WOW. Jurgen MF Klopp man. NOW do yers all see why we have unwavering belief in him?

We are LIVERPOOL and we're in another European semi draw.

I'll leave it there as I'm rather bevvied. And emotional. As I won't sleep tonight on this worst day of the year. So it's not a good combination to type my thoughts.

Just WOW. We are LIVERPOOL!

Hail.

• Like 3

Thank you boys.

I won't get into it, as I always find talking on Sheffield hard. Suffice to say this is always the hardest day. It's hard to explain but it never gets any easier. The memories you've tried surprresing the past 27 years are always that much more clearer, and everything that much more rawer on the 15th. I'd ban today from the calendar if I could but life just isn't as easy as that.

No sympathy is required but the kind words are greatly appreciated.

Yesterday we celebrated. Today we remember lost friends no longer here to share in nights like last night.

God rest.

Hail.

• Like 3

Klopp deserves more credit to be honest.

You can't really grade a manager or a coach in any sport until they do it with their own players.

If Liverpool are worse under Klopp next year after he makes some changes, then you have an argument that he got by with Rodgers' players this year.

I'm betting against.

That just makes no sense to me at all.

Klopp brought in players that Dortmund has so he gets credit for Dortmund success. Rogers brought in the players Liverpool has but Klopp gets all of the credit for Liverpool's success. Am I the only one that thinks this makes no sense?

That just makes no sense to me at all.

Klopp brought in players that Dortmund has so he gets credit for Dortmund success. Rogers brought in the players Liverpool has but Klopp gets all of the credit for Liverpool's success. Am I the only one that thinks this makes no sense?

I don't think one person gets credit in either scenerio. It will always be a combination of things. Who really knows how involved the manager is in the transfer decisions for either club.

I think the argument is that Klopp established a style of play and developed the Dortmond players to a great level of success. Klopp has come to Liverpool and established a new system and seems to be getting more out of the players. It has been said numerous times on this thread by many different people: Only Rogers could have guided that Liverpool team to second place...any other manager would have won the league.

I don't think one person gets credit in either scenerio. It will always be a combination of things. Who really knows how involved the manager is in the transfer decisions for either club.

I think the argument is that Klopp established a style of play and developed the Dortmond players to a great level of success. Klopp has come to Liverpool and established a new system and seems to be getting more out of the players. It has been said numerous times on this thread by many different people: Only Rogers could have guided that Liverpool team to second place...any other manager would have won the league.

I think Klopp should get some credit for the Dortmund team since he helped build it, I just think its crazy to give him most of the credit. That great team he built was bad last year. And Dortmund is currently on pace to finish the season with more points than Klopp had in every season but the 2011/2012 season. So I feel like Tuchel should get most of the credit for how he has them performing.

If Tuchel doesn't get most of the credit for how Dortmund is performing why does Klopp get all of the credit for Liverpool when none of those are his players? Of course he should get some credit as he is the manager and he has to be the one to get them trained to his style and get performances out of them. To have them keep playing hard like they did against Dortmund and eventually mount a comeback.

I have no problem give Klopp credit for success that Liverpool is having. I just find it ridiculous that in turn Tuchel gets less credit than Klopp even though Klopp isn't at Dortmund anymore.

Again, at their current pace they will end with more points than every Klopp Dortmund team except for one. And then only missing them by 2 points.

Is Klopp also at fault since the players he brought in choked and gave up 3 goals in 25 minutes?

Edited by MisterPinstripe

I think Klopp should get some credit for the Dortmund team since he helped build it, I just think its crazy to give him most of the credit. That great team he built was bad last year. And Dortmund is currently on pace to finish the season with more points than Klopp had in every season but the 2011/2012 season. So I feel like Tuchel should get most of the credit for how he has them performing.

If Tuchel doesn't get most of the credit for how Dortmund is performing why does Klopp get all of the credit for Liverpool when none of those are his players? Of course he should get some credit as he is the manager and he has to be the one to get them trained to his style and get performances out of them. To have them keep playing hard like they did against Dortmund and eventually mount a comeback.

I have no problem give Klopp credit for success that Liverpool is having. I just find it ridiculous that in turn Tuchel gets less credit than Klopp even though Klopp isn't at Dortmund anymore.

Again, at their current pace they will end with more points than every Klopp Dortmund team except for one. And then only missing them by 2 points.

Is Klopp also at fault since the players he brought in choked and gave up 3 goals in 25 minutes?

I dont disagree. It seems almost as if Tuchel is just riding the wave that Klopp built. Tuchel made minor adjustment to the style of play that Klopp implemented at Dortmund. He did not radically change anything. Whereas at Liverpool it is a teardown and rebuild of a style of play and atmosphere in the club. Klopp has definitely been more of an agent of change in both places while Tuchel has made minor adjustments (the most important one is having a healthy Marco Reus). 

Edited by jobaga
  • Like 1

How does this not make you smile?

FourFourTweet @FourFourTweet 1m1 minute ago

A liverpool fan lost his phone celebrating the win over BVB to have it returned with a selfie from Mamadou Sakho. 1f602.pngpic.twitter.com/cTko8Thl6a

CgGDvobWQAAXgdK.jpg

Turnout for the last Hillsborough memorial to be held at Anfield today

Anything Liverpool Retweeted

Iconic moment in Liverpool history. 27 years of grief and denial. Justice for the 96.pic.twitter.com/kDAqM95KvD

CgGEj43WIAAS50u.jpg
  • Like 4