Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Derby week.  Might be the last we see of Bobby Martinez if we get 3 points.  Not sure how we play this, even a Derby, with the league secondary.  Though we're 2 points off of 6th place with a game in hand.

I like his style of football and I think it suits Everton, but they have aspirations darn it!

So I told my captain I plan on sitting out the remaining games. We're in second but the captain is making bad decisions. We were looking great then he basiclly benched me for two weeks now when I've started with them since I joined and been having one if my best seasons stat wise since my year with my undefeated team. He moved players out of their positions. He's allowing play to go through a ball hog who looks down on his teammates. The team is not showing the emotion it did when I was up front pressing like hell. We played a team that could only field 7 yesterday due to roster issues and finances. They scored on us! We won 3-1. How does a fairly stacked roster only win 3-1 against 7?!

Am I being selfish or am I justified in being upset with our performance? I won't pretend like I'm not pissed about the benching thing. But a captain is suppose to put players in their best position not experiment late in the season.

Go ahead. It may still feel competitive, but none of us are playing for a living—so it's for fun. If it's not fun, then stop. It can still be fun if you lose matches here and there, but if the situation is as you describe then that's sucking out the enjoyment of playing artificially. Did you get benched for whole games? If so, that's just wrong. Y'all paid the same amount right?

Go ahead. It may still feel competitive, but none of us are playing for a living—so it's for fun. If it's not fun, then stop. It can still be fun if you lose matches here and there, but if the situation is as you describe then that's sucking out the enjoyment of playing artificially. Did you get benched for whole games? If so, that's just wrong. Y'all paid the same amount right?

Yeah. I mean our sponsor covers alot of our costs. The league here in Richmond is actually a USSF league. Only league of its kind in the US and the oldest. Promotion and relegation. The fact is playing as we are this late we won't come back to take the title based on the table. The team is complaining at refs and such. Dude we had 4 extra players. Stop whining about a call. A defender on the team before the game was even like you need him back up there. Our attack isn't the same. Captain brushed it off. I don't know what happened 2-3 weeks ago but I set up two goals for us and then the next week benched for 85 mins. I've started for two years for them. If they were resting me I wouldn't have complained as that adds up but without any explanation he left me out in a game we struggled to finish very good chances which was always my strong suit. We almost drew that game which would cost us any title chance and probably promotion. Which is bad because it's local places who usually sponsor. They have jerseys and championships in their places for the team. They expect results here.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

Yeah. I mean our sponsor covers alot of our costs. The league here in Richmond is actually a USSF league. Only league of its kind in the US and the oldest. Promotion and relegation. The fact is playing as we are this late we won't come back to take the title based on the table. The team is complaining at refs and such. Dude we had 4 extra players. Stop whining about a call. A defender on the team before the game was even like you need him back up there. Our attack isn't the same. Captain brushed it off. I don't know what happened 2-3 weeks ago but I set up two goals for us and then the next week benched for 85 mins. I've started for two years for them. If they were resting me I wouldn't have complained as that adds up but without any explanation he left me out in a game we struggled to finish very good chances which was always my strong suit. We almost drew that game which would cost us any title chance and probably promotion. Which is bad because it's local places who usually sponsor. They have jerseys and championships in their places for the team. They expect results here.

Do you play at City Stadium?

It wasn't that post but one from 4/13 that read:

Martin edited that pretty quickly, but it wasn't nice. Fred was trying to talk smack but went horribly over the line in one of those needle across a record type of moments. So, Fred can complain about the atmosphere of this thread all he wants, but he brought it to the very lowest, most crass, and mean spirited level all by himself. That is the hypocrisy that he should be worried about.

The rest of my post was about the post that I quoted. It was rambling, made no sense, and brought nothing to the topics at hand.

OK, didn't see all of that. Thanks for the enlightenment.  As I said before, having a go at each other on the football level is fine.  Personal is never OK.

• Like 1

Am I being selfish or am I justified in being upset with our performance? I won't pretend like I'm not pissed about the benching thing. But a captain is suppose to put players in their best position not experiment late in the season.

I agree with Elessar... stop traffic.  If you're not having fun, that's an awful lot to deal with in your free time.

My team (in a free league) is made up with men and women I work with.  So regardless, we're going to have a good time. 

If he's being a douche I wouldn't go straight to threatening to sit.  I would approach him and tell him what he's doing to make him a douche and then give him your solutions.

If it's already past that, then do what you have to do... but coming from someone who wears knee braces and ices himself after every game, take advantage of your young body, dude.  You lose it quickly, especially when you jump out of airplanes and ****... :lol:

• Like 1

Derby week.  Might be the last we see of Bobby Martinez if we get 3 points.  Not sure how we play this, even a Derby, with the league secondary.  Though we're 2 points off of 6th place with a game in hand.

I like his style of football and I think it suits Everton, but they have aspirations darn it!

Every bitter I know expects to get flat out hammered Wednesday which worries the living piss out of me. 

I've seen WAY too many Derby's where the team in form ends up getting beat by the lesser side. It's cliche but the form book really does go out of the window. 

All thing being equal, we should snot the blue ****e Wednesday. But it's Derby day on Merseyside and ANYTHING can happen. 

But trust me lil' bro', against them, in his first one, the league will most assuredly NOT be secondary Wednesday night to Klopp. As it shouldn't be. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Spurs quite comfortably play the best football in the league at the moment. Would love to see them catch Leicester. 

I hope they catch LCFC and I love that they're normally on the front foot.  It's a good brand of football.

But come on son...

Spurs quite comfortably play the best football in the league at the moment. Would love to see them catch Leicester. 

As much as I don't want Leicester to win it I'd personally take them ANY day of the week over Tottenham and their ****bag Nationalistic 'fans.' ****s even went to Dortmund last month looking for it all over. Dortmund! How the **** do you go looking for aggro with BvB fans who only want to party and watch footie? ****ing ****ney bellends! 

Talking of 'Spurs .....

1044253d1461012786t-arsenal-thread-dele-

Still not sure how Wenger's still in a job like. Complete and utter disgrace how Arsenal and City have let this happen. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Dele Alli and Harry Kane's link up play is pretty special. If I was English I'd actually be letting myself get half excited. Surely Hodgson can't find an excuse to start Rooney in the summer. 

There's NO way Rooney doesn't start and play every minute this summer. NO England manager is strong enough to drop their captain and face the media backlash they'd get. He shouldn't be anywhere near the first XI but you know he will be. 

Which is a crying shame on either Vardy or Kane as one of them won't start when they deserve to. And it'll completely unbalance the England team. They aren't good enough to play the possession game so need to hit the better teams on fast breaks. Which Rooney will just slow down. 

England to go out the group stage along with Italy who are as pathetically bad. 

Hail. 

There's NO way Rooney doesn't start and play every minute this summer. NO England manager is strong enough to drop their captain and face the media backlash they'd get. He shouldn't be anywhere near the first XI but you know he will be. 

Which is a crying shame on either Vardy or Kane as one of them won't start when they deserve to. And it'll completely unbalance the England team. They aren't good enough to play the possession game so need to hit the better teams on fast breaks. Which Rooney will just slow down. 

England to go out the group stage along with Italy who are as pathetically bad. 

Hail. 

Yeah unfortunately (or fortunately really, I love seeing England collapse) your 100% right. Hodgson will find a place for him. No doubt that the spine should contain Dier, Ali and Kane though for me. 

I'm actually convinced the FA set some type of quota for Man Utd players in the squad. No doubt Rashford will probably find a way to make the squad and all. 

Edited by Morrison J
  • Like 2

Would agree with Morrison, Spurs are playing the nicest brand of football in the prem atm. Think that's shown by the fact no one has even mentioned Erikson, who for my many, has been the best 'no.10' in the league this season. Think this weekend will show if LCFC have the bottle to win the league.

On another note just finished a book called 'Inverting the pyramid'. Would highly recommend it for anyone looking for a soccer book to read. Goes through the history of tactics by looking at the great teams of the decades. Shows how we ended up with what's currently being used and why we're are seeing a resurgence of the 3-5-2

This complete blue apathy toward tomorrow is REALLY disturbing me haha. 

Aside from it being just about the lowest key build up to a Derby anyone can remember, with the City more 'meh' than the usual buzz, I now have Evertonian friends telling me they truly aren't arsed if we hammer them 3 or 4 if it means another nail in Bobby brown shoes coffin and another step toward his axe. I mean I know he's turned full circle and is now hated down to the ****e football/ utter, insulting B/S he comes out with most every time he open his mouth et all. But completely apathetic to the point they all aren't arsed if they lose their Cup final before the semi final ..... 

Things must be at an all time low haha. 

Hail. 

IMPRESSIVE SPURS STATS

Haven't beaten Liverpool in over 3 years... :lol:

Now THIS would be funny. Utd have made a complete pigs ear of this managerial search from start to finish .....

Hail. 

What's this about "an infusion of middle eastern money" this summer?

On another note just finished a book called 'Inverting the pyramid'. Would highly recommend it for anyone looking for a soccer book to read. Goes through the history of tactics by looking at the great teams of the decades. Shows how we ended up with what's currently being used and why we're are seeing a resurgence of the 3-5-2

Thanks for the recommendation.  I'll have to get on that one.  Is it a newer book?

Now THIS would be funny. Utd have made a complete pigs ear of this managerial search from start to finish .....

Jose Mourinho approached by Paris Saint-Germain, say Sky sources | Football News | Sky Sports

Hail. 

Would be great for me.  Keep Jose away from the prem (he would instantly make ManU a force) and also us blues don't have to face him every year and face all the awkwardness.  

The main championships are played there. Our games are generally played at UR. The league champs are presented at City Stadium though.

Gotcha.  Was wondering if you were part of the kickers.  Richmond is a nice campus, especially the lake.  Hopefully they have you playing on the football field and not the intramural fields.  Let me know if you make the championship I'll swing by and give that Captain of yours an earful.  "We want RR88!  We want RR88!...."

Would be great for me.  Keep Jose away from the prem (he would instantly make ManU a force) and also us blues don't have to face him every year and face all the awkwardness.  

I personally want him to go to Utd. I think it would be the worst possible move they could make. 

Yeah, he may turn things around short term. But he goes against everything Utd pertain to be with youth and attractive football. Plus their squad is in a real mess and there's a BIG rebuild needs to be done. And if DeGea does go Madrid this summer .....

As for Mourinho himself, unless he's had an epiphany and has COMPLETELY reinvented himself, he could well completely implode his career there. The self inflicted damage he's done to his image his second go-around at Chelsea when he just came back a real nasty SOB ..... not sure he recovers from that if he fails his next job. 

Hail. 

• Like 2