Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

My part was cancelled out for finding Origi.

That was hard work.

Not often you leave me speechless ..... So moving on ......

1044742d1461194402-liverpool-thread-scre

Our players beat/ kiss the badge after a goal. This rats doing it after getting a red card and potentially ending Divocks season/ Euro's with a gutless, ****house challenge. 

Staying classy as always, Everton.

Just haven't got it in me to even skit any blues via text. I still can't get over how shockingly bad they were tonight. I mean that was like a testimonial second half with everyone trying to tee everyone else up for a goal. Could and should of been double figures where it not for the 'keeper who was the only bitter playing with any passion like he cared. Every other player in royal blue on that pitch was an absolute disgrace. To get beat in a derby is one thing. To get completely outplayed- **** happens. But to play with absolutely zero passion and effort at all is completely and totally unacceptable. Most one sided Merseyside derby I've certainly ever seen and I'd venture ever. 

Say's it all when you actually feel embarrassed and bad for Evertonian's.

Bobby brown shoes (BTW. LOVED the Kop singing 'Bobby Martinez!' Cruel but funny) position has to be completely untenable now. He's completely and utterly lost that dressing room. Utd should stroll into the Cup final Sat'day.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Ok, I'm over feeling sorry for Evertonians. grin.gif.

Does it get ANY better a feeling than the day after a derby when yers absolutely snotted them? Gob****e blue in work yesterday giving it loads ..... Gob****e blue in work today keeping a VERY low profile haha. 

The old Emlyn Hughes classic 'Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic' ..... Can't even use that one as they aren't that good! 

The sun is shining. The birds are singing. And Liverpool just completely and utterly licked Everton. The World is a VERY happy place to be today. smile.gif.

LONG may Bobby Brown Shoes reign over the pit!

Since Klopp arrived back in October, we've been to a League Cup Final, are in a major European semi after annihilating our bitterest rivals and knocking out one of the best teams currently in Europe in a phenomenal comeback the last two rounds. And, taking the league from the day he took over, we would currently be fourth (points per game as per progress): 

Cgi_OMtW0AEWtlh.jpg

And all this in 6 short months without signing a single player as yet ..... Salivating at the mouth for next season. 

#ridiculousprogress

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

I was looking at Villarreal the weekend being as I know next to nottin' about them.

Dangerous little side. 4th in La Liga. Won 2, drawn 2 and only lost once against Barca, Madrid and Atletico this year. Second best defensive record after Atletico. Top scorers the Europa League putting out Napoli and Leverkusen the knock-outs.

This is no 'gimme' semi just because we drew the smallest side left.

On the flip side they'll be worried about us after Dortmund. But this could well be another tight struggle.

Hail.

I don't think I've EVER seen a more one sided Derby. That was ridiculous and HUGELY embarrassing for Everton. 

Just happy Divock's only a bad sprain and not a break. 

Hail. 

Depending on how bad the sprain is, many doctors would actually prefer a clean break.  Sprains often times cause more damage and are a longer recovery deal than breaks.

Liverpool putting up what looks like 37 shots is insane.  Didn't watch the game but that rat Martinez is now looking gone.  

Depending on how bad the sprain is, many doctors would actually prefer a clean break. Sprains often times cause more damage and are a longer recovery deal than breaks.

Liverpool putting up what looks like 37 shots is insane. Didn't watch the game but that rat Martinez is now looking gone.

Great. Gonna' be an anxious wait on the scans.

Yeah, Everton lose to Utd the semi Sat'day (and I can't see anything but a Utd stroll) hes done. If he isn't already.

Hail.

I been playing with Valencia a lot on FIFA 16 ever since GHH brought them up. I love matching up with a person picking Real or Barca every game and wrecking them especially at home so they boo lol. Valencia's attack is no joke but they have good defensive depth no doubt.

How is the transfer interface in FIFA 16 vs 15? Is it better? I hated the franchise mode in 15.

I was looking at Villarreal the weekend being as I know next to nottin' about them.

Dangerous little side. 4th in La Liga. Won 2, drawn 2 and only lost once against Barca, Madrid and Atletico this year. Second best defensive record after Atletico. Top scorers the Europa League putting out Napoli and Leverkusen the knock-outs.

This is no 'gimme' semi just because we drew the smallest side left.

On the flip side they'll be worried about us after Dortmund. But this could well be another tight struggle.

Hail.

First, La Liga is far and away the best league in the world in terms of talent.  It's not even close.

Second, I was relieved to get this draw, which is usually a bad sign.  I was uncomfortable with United and I was even more uncomfortable with Dortmund.

Third, why not us?

First, La Liga is far and away the best league in the world in terms of talent. It's not even close.

Second, I was relieved to get this draw, which is usually a bad sign. I was uncomfortable with United and I was even more uncomfortable with Dortmund.

Third, why not us?

Bro'. We've had this Europa League ever since I booked rooms in Basle the day Klopp was hired. (Which are now triple the price. Score one to the savvy Scouse traveler. And booked a dirt cheap £16 flight back from Switzerland today. Before the semi has even started. Not that I'm anticipating being in Basle or anything ...,., ).

Winning it is not in doubt for me.

Just saying Villarreal won't be an easy stroll.

Hail.

• Like 1

How is the transfer interface in FIFA 16 vs 15? Is it better? I hated the franchise mode in 15.

Well so much of the focus is on FUT. The transfer amounts and stats are really the main drive of the transfer in FIFA 16. They did make improvements on realistic things like preseason tourneys and such. I think the Draft mode they added was to stop the anger about some players getting insane teams by playing non stop. I think the gameplay needs still some work. The game does some momentum thing where you might be up 2-0 and then suddenly you are under attack. I find a issue with lower teams turning into the 2009 Barca team. If you play on legendary there is a half chance a D2 Spanish squad goes for 85% passing lol. The gameplay AI still needs work. Like the game dumbs down your players to even things out. I've had balls rolling in their box or my box that my players ignore. Or your player makes a run that makes you go WTF. I mean it's good they got away from pinball passing but I dare say first touch needs work. I understand MLS players struggling to trap a ball but not Real,Bayern, or any half decent club honestly.

Scans show no break for Divock.

Just gonna be some swelling and tenderness for a couple of days.

Bad roll but he'll be fine.

I remember doing one similar at a practice in high school and I couldn't walk for two days.  Third day I was fine.

• Like 1

Well so much of the focus is on FUT. The transfer amounts and stats are really the main drive of the transfer in FIFA 16. They did make improvements on realistic things like preseason tourneys and such. I think the Draft mode they added was to stop the anger about some players getting insane teams by playing non stop. I think the gameplay needs still some work. The game does some momentum thing where you might be up 2-0 and then suddenly you are under attack. I find a issue with lower teams turning into the 2009 Barca team. If you play on legendary there is a half chance a D2 Spanish squad goes for 85% passing lol. The gameplay AI still needs work. Like the game dumbs down your players to even things out. I've had balls rolling in their box or my box that my players ignore. Or your player makes a run that makes you go WTF. I mean it's good they got away from pinball passing but I dare say first touch needs work. I understand MLS players struggling to trap a ball but not Real,Bayern, or any half decent club honestly.

gameplay is atrocious this year tbh.  the midfield is basically a ping-pong match until someone can somehow complete 3 passes in a row and are then instantly in on goal.  Scripting/momentum/handicap has teams with 65% possession, 15 more shots on goal, and 7 more corners losing games 3-2.  Playing offline can even be worse.  If you play against World Class and up some of the things the computer can do are absolutely astonishing...while your players act like a baby giraffe learning to walk in quicksand.  

Rant over.  

• Like 1

The last FIFA I bought was 14.  I don't buy them every year unless something changes dramatically.

But I've played 16 and I don't like the gameplay at all.

The transfer market in 14 started to get weird, but I think the way they showed player ratings was set up to encourage you to higher and use your scouts and not just go off of numbers. 

It's a pain in the ass, but I respect it.

I wish they'd change the game play though.

gameplay is atrocious this year tbh. the midfield is basically a ping-pong match until someone can somehow complete 3 passes in a row and are then instantly in on goal. Scripting/momentum/handicap has teams with 65% possession, 15 more shots on goal, and 7 more corners losing games 3-2. Playing offline can even be worse. If you play against World Class and up some of the things the computer can do are absolutely astonishing...while your players act like a baby giraffe learning to walk in quicksand.

Rant over.

Sums up gameplay pretty well. Computer is magical. If you beat it consistently at a high level you will dominate the fools online. Part of that is there's scripting in the game to swinging momentum against you. Also a few years ago it came out the game reads your controller input so it knows when to make moves. You are essentially reading the computer reading your moves.

**** me... god damn it...

****ing Everton is a joke

Kristof Terreur‏@HLNinEngeland 14m14 minutes ago

RTBF say Divock Origi will be out for 4-6 weeks. What I know: 1st scan shows ligament damage, 2nd scan tomorrow has to determine the extent.

Had a grade 3 sprain a few years back and recovery was terrible.  Had to have surgery...worse than a break.  If Origi has that type of damage it's over 6 weeks.  If he is grade 2 the 6 week timetable seems pretty realistic.  

I watched the replay of his injury and that was just a really poor tackle. late, studs up, and on top of the foot.  Then he came off the pitch patting the badge...what nerve

• Like 2

**** me... god damn it...

****ing Everton is a joke

Kristof Terreur‏@HLNinEngeland 14m14 minutes ago

RTBF say Divock Origi will be out for 4-6 weeks. What I know: 1st scan shows ligament damage, 2nd scan tomorrow has to determine the extent.

Lets not go panicking until the official scan results hit tomorrow. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Lets not go panicking until the official scan results hit tomorrow. 

Hail. 

I'm going to be cautiously pessimistic about this one.  But he'll be part of the league run next year. 

Benteke is going to come in and be unreal.  Watch.

I'm going to be cautiously pessimistic about this one.  But he'll be part of the league run next year. 

Benteke is going to come in and be unreal.  Watch.

OMG! We annihilate the bitters and he's back off the wagon. 

Just HOW much have you had to come out with that? I'm here for you bro'. Give me the bottle. We don't want another repeat of that Christmas we no longer speak of to protect the innocent. And the gnomes. OMG those poor gnomes!

Hail. 

• Like 2

OMG! We annihilate the bitters and he's back off the wagon. 

Just HOW much have you had to come out with that? I'm here for you bro'. Give me the bottle. We don't want another repeat of that Christmas we no longer speak of to protect the innocent. And the gnomes. OMG those poor gnomes!

Hail. 

:lol:

Hey now.  This is his time of year.  He always comes into form when it's spring/summer.  Only problem is that most of the season is the fall and winter.

I think he'll net 4 in the remaining fixtures.

Guess I'm the odd one out. I actually like the FIFA gameplay this year. I think they made some decent adjustments. In 15 the difference between playing AI in tournament mode and playing people in Seasons was like night and day in regards to difficulty especially in defending. Playing any kind of pressure defense that forced the AI to move the ball quickly basically turned them into a deer in headlights.

I especially like the "Driven Pass" that creates opportunities on the attack. Allows you to catch a defender off guard or create a run by sending a decoy.

But different strokes. I'm still digging to find the intricacies that I like and don't.