Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Frigging control, turn and strike Danny lad!

Keep it going Red Men!

Hail.

Kids had an early kick... son wins 5-2 and daughter wins 12-1.

Turn on the TV, first thing I see is Danny chest, turn, and strike!

WHAT A START TO A SATURDAY!!!!!!

Perfect timing to make a move for Marquinhos ;)

Don't tease me, you know that's my boy

• Like 1

Oh my God what happened to Lovren... looks like he can't breathe

Looks like a knock to the throat but he's back out.  Can't afford another knock, this is ridiculous.

No real surprise sadly but blue mates texting me saying it's kicking off every service station (rest stop) on the way down to Wemvley.

Liverpool/ Manchester. It just is what it is.

Hail.

They were anticpating problems all week for this from what I read.  Two teams from the NW.

Too bad that's probably the only win the Blues get this weekend.

Firmino might be the worst player on the pitch for LFC today and he doesn't look bad.

Moreno looks outstanding early as does Lallana.

• Like 1

Think everton are going to get hammered again starting a half fit phil jagielka will see to that. Do the 'pool fans think ward might get a run in the team with mignolet struggling again. Though a huge gulf in competition was impressed with him when he was at Aberdeen.

That was a great FA Cup semifinal. Thanks to Fox for putting it on a channel no one could see it on.

It's like Europe here. BT Sport has paid for exclusive rights to all Champions League and Europa League games. BT Sport is a subscription channel. BT Sport employs absolute braindead 'analysts' like Michael Owen, Trevor Francis and Harry Redknapp. Consequently nobody wants to pay an extra subscription to watch BT Sport. Further consequence to that, is this is the single lowest year for Champions League viewing figures in the UK since it rebranded into the Champions League in 1992. 

I can seriously see UEFA stepping in the next contract and saying it has to be on free to air TV. Their brand is being hit massively in one of the biggest viewing Country's in the World. 

And yeah, absolutely terrific semi. 

Hail. 

7 points dropped against Sunderland, Southampton, and Newcastle after being up 2-0.

All on Mignolet.

He's gotta go.

That did it for the top 4 chase.

Just curious as to who you may have in mind as a replacement?

Would be nice to go for a certain Spanish GK, knows the EPL, played for a crap side the last several years, and finally flourish under a new side that could protect him.  Just saying.  

Still pissed about yesterday. Absolutely ridiculous to not see the game out against a side as piss poor as Newcastle. Even with the Benitez factor inspiring them. But it does serve as sharp reminders and I think they're two fold. 

Short term, it refocuses everyone who took their foot off the gas yesterday that they need to be at Dortmund second leg levels the rest of thus season. Play like yesterday on Thursday and we'll be chasing a few goals the second leg. Need to double down, get together and step it RIGHT back up at Villarreal.  

And long term, it reminds everyone just how far there still is to go. Not least with this sub-standard group who's inconsistency's are glaring and real frustrating. On their day, when everything clicks like he's trying to drum into them, they can not only beat but play anyone off the park. But then they turn around and you get ridiculous days like yesterday. That's three times in the last three months (H. Sunderland and A. Southampton) that we've let a 2 goal lead slip. That's not a 'blip' as Lallana said post match yesterday. That's a big problem and completely unacceptable. There's just no leaders in the side to pull everyone together and see out games like that.

We've come a LONG way under Klopp in a ridiculously short space of time. Made even better to his credit by this being such an average squad in many positions that he has to work with. 

But until he get's his own, better players in, days like yesterday, of which they have at least one a month in them most every month this year, serve to remind you just how far there still is to go.

GHH. UEFA have already stepped in to say that itv/bbc have to get live rights next season as their viewing figures have dropped significantly .....

There you go. Didn't know that. Last thing UEFA wants is their brand being hit in one of their biggest consume/ memberr Country's. 

I presume that'll be for the 2018/19 season though?  BT has a three year contract doesn't it?

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Sakho's failed a drug test. Suspended by the club. Statement due imminently from the club. 

****ing braindead, selfish idiot!

Hail. 

Kolo Touré was caught for the same fat burner, he was suspended for 6 months instead of 2 years. He said he took his wife's fat burner, :lol: . We all know these FB are used as masking agents to cover traces of PEDs.

Cheating is allowed getting caught isn't. Now we will see if he can get away with it as easily as Touré (I think so).

• Like 1