Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Would totally agree once they made it that you didn't need to load all the leagues at the one time I stopped really playing fifa. though I still refer to it as champ man

Oh, you are a man after my own heart. 

01/02. The single best version EVER!. The best thing since Subbuteto! It seems so basic no with just the flashing text during games. But it's the baseness that makes it so memorably brilliant. Everything was so crisp and fresh back then when they cleaned up the interface. That was when you really started getting into it when you'd put it on, and be in the 'just one more game stage', and REGULARLY before you knew it the birds were chirping outside and you'd look out and it was the following morning already lol.

Hail. 

Oh, you are a man after my own heart.

01/02. The single best version EVER!. The best thing since Subbuteto! It seems so basic no with just the flashing text during games. But it's the baseness that makes it so memorably brilliant. Everything was so crisp and fresh back then when they cleaned up the interface. That was when you really started getting into it when you'd put it on, and be in the 'just one more game stage', and REGULARLY before you knew it the birds were chirping outside and you'd look out and it was the following morning already lol.

Hail.

My brother still refuses to anything apart from text bar for watching matches. The other options are 'too flashy'. My favourite was 2013 but that's mainly because I managed to win the african champions league with an entire 11 brought through my youth squad.

I've wasted more days than I care to think about playing it( also a great way to get your other half angry at you).

• Like 1

Worst fears confirmed .....

Frigging dirty blue ****bag! But he's put a lame apology out on social media so it's ok ..... 

Liverpool FC injury update: Divock Origi's season over - Liverpool Echo

More gutted for Divock. We have Sturridge back fit and firing on all cylinders so we're good. But Origi deserved to be a part of any Europa success. The way he's completely turned it around the past 6 months has been fantastic. 

Get healthy soon kid. Hope you make it back for the Euro's. You deserve that. Certainly have a BIG role to play next season and beyond at Anfield. 

Henderson, Can and now Origi all at the worst possible time. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

ouch... not having hendo, can, and origi is going to hurt in europe. even if you don't 100% love their game, the depth alone would have been helpful in managing the last month of the season. time for the boys to fasten their seat belts, and grind out 8 more games this last month. that's a hell of a schedule for a thin squad, especially with klopp's geggenpressing. time to earn your summer, boys!

• Like 2

ouch... not having hendo, can, and origi is going to hurt in europe. even if you don't 100% love their game, the depth alone would have been helpful in managing the last month of the season. time for the boys to fasten their seat belts, and grind out 8 more games this last month. that's a hell of a schedule for a thin squad, especially with klopp's geggenpressing. time to earn your summer, boys!

The Scouse Pirlo will save us all...

Top Of The Kop @TOTK96 38s38 seconds ago

These two asked McCarthy for a pic and when he seen his hand said 'dont be a ****in bellend' and stormed off 1f602.png1f606.png1f602.png

Cgp9pLzW0AAIwIP.jpg

Kinda how we started the Euro, eh?

Half a squad.

We're going to need to prioritize again.  Shame cause we were starting to take care of business in the League as well.

On the NB US website today:

Hail. 

Shades of the 13-14 kit there!

I like it!

• Like 1

Curious of y'all's thoughts.

Replay review in soccer?

There was a recent interview with Klinsmann and Garber where they both stated they'd be in favor.

Where do y'all stand?

For me, much like a lot of sports, I wouldn't mind seeing it but limited. Limit it to line plays, goals, and a few others.

Curious of y'all's thoughts.

Replay review in soccer?

There was a recent interview with Klinsmann and Garber where they both stated they'd be in favor.

Where do y'all stand?

For me, much like a lot of sports, I wouldn't mind seeing it but limited. Limit it to line plays, goals, and a few others.

I wouldn't be against it. I would rather they review tackles after the game and assess fines and suspensions for diving. 

If they did institute replay, it would have to be during a stoppage in the game: Fouls, goals, out of bounds. I don't want them stopping the game. They would also need to limit the number of times they review calls made. 

Really, this thread has now devolved into comparing FIFA games.  Are you kidding me???? :angry:

Very sorry to read about Origi.  Hate to see players get hurt, especially when the 'tackle' was more like an assault by some hack who shouldn't be playing top level soccer to begin with.  Hope he will be OK for Euros.

If Bayern win and Dortmund lose, Bayern locks up the BL this weekend.  If not, they will if they win next week at Allianz.  Fun fact - Bayern have never won the BL @the Allianz (replaced Olympic Stadium in 2005).  

Let's all have a good weekend of football and NO INJURIES!!!

• Like 1

Just saw this posted on another forum.

My understanding is that the keeper was not carded at all.

Just curious as to what you folks think 'should' be the call/punishment?

Holy crap. That would have been a flag in the NFL for targeting and unnecessary roughness. That's a straight red in my book. Didn't try to play the ball at all and left her feet after the whistle (the striker heard it and pulled up). I'd suspend her as a coach and as a HS association after the fact. No room for that in sports, let alone HS sports.

• Like 1

Holy crap. That would have been a flag in the NFL for targeting and unnecessary roughness. That's a straight red in my book. Didn't try to play the ball at all and left her feet after the whistle (the striker heard it and pulled up). I'd suspend her as a coach and as a HS association after the fact. No room for that in sports, let alone HS sports.

Ditto. Was a HS referee for years here in Charlotte. Boggles my mind that the card wasn't flying out of the ref's pocket.

Association MUST suspend for rest of season, that was just brutal.

Oof. Blew the offside call too.

thought so too, but the angle is slightly off (in favor of the striker). the LJ was in a good position to make the call (rare in HS soccer) and made the call right away with conviction, so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

that goalie, though... i'd be embarrassed to be a player, coach, student, parent, or administrator at that school (and i'm a school administrator and parent). i still can't believe that contact without a card. if that was my daughter, i'm not sure you could keep me in the stands-- and i'm very much not THAT guy.

any word on the striker? looks like concussion city.

Good God that clip above is Harold Schumacher/ Patrick Battiston '82 WC semi horrible. I just hope the poor victim is FAR less seriously injured than the unfortunate Frenchmen was back then. And just like this, the gutless, ****house ref. never even gave a foul, let alone sent off the thug German. That girl wants a SERIOUS ban and her school should be be implementing it's own sanctions. Disgraceful. 

And for anyone that isn't privy to what happened that night in Seville, and the extent of Battiston's injury's, just ask our French friend FF. 

Both incidents are absolutely horrific. Nothing more than GBH on a football field. Disgusting. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Just because Rafa's back in town ..... The greatest night and the greatest European Cup Final of them all. Just love the ecstasy from Johnny Aldridge on the Radio City commentary mixed in the second one. 

We truly are blessed to support this magnificent football club. Them Scousers again! 

Let's have today a little easier on the aul' heart 'ey Reds?

Hail. 

7m agoLiverpool FC club statement

LFC
Yesterday, Friday 22nd April 2016, a formal communication was received from UEFA stating that they are investigating a possible anti-doping rule violation by Mamadou Sakho.

The player will respond to UEFA on the matter.

The player is currently not subject to any playing suspension. However, the club, in consultation with the player, has decided that while this process is followed the player will not be available for selection for matches.

There will be no further comment at this time.

Good, swift response from the club. 

Absolutely NO excuse for this. You know there's a random two players tested after every UEFA game. You know if the club doctor hasn't prescribed anything you take anything to him and make sure there's nottin' on the banned list. And if it's something worse than the rumoured fat burning supplement (same one Toure used at City and got a 6 month ban for), even if it's recreational and not a PED, then I completely give up. 

Braindead, selfish imbecile! 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Sakho's failed a drug test. Suspended by the club. Statement due imminently from the club.

****ing braindead, selfish idiot!

Hail.

the hits keep coming... in this day and age, there's no excuse for "not knowing" something is on the banned list. if you're a professional, act like it. worst thing is that he's been our best defender over the last stretch.

• Like 2